Stadium Expansion & New Football Facility

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
bluehens2005
UD Class: 2005

Re: Stadium Expansion & New Football Facility

Post by bluehens2005 »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:21 pm Hopefully, UD's new North End Zone structure resembles Mizzou's more than Navy's.

Missouri.jpg
You got the cash for that ? I don’t know if we have deep enough pockets we shall see
Baltimore Hen
UD Class: 0

Post by Baltimore Hen »

bluehens2005 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:01 pm
Bluewyn Gold wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:21 pm Hopefully, UD's new North End Zone structure resembles Mizzou's more than Navy's.

Missouri.jpg
You got the cash for that ? I don’t know if we have deep enough pockets we shall see
well that cost 98 million. I'm sure the 80 million project is on a sliding scale as funding is sought...
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

bluehens2005 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:01 pmYou got the cash for that ? I don’t know if we have deep enough pockets we shall see
Calm down there, Paly. I was providing an illustrative example of the external design and wasn't suggesting an identical Mizzou rebuild. Almost anything's an upgrade over the metal bleachers overtop the 1956 latrine.

UD wouldn't need all the infrastructure that Mizzou included in their addition and could do something on a smaller scale. I'm just not in love with Navy's end zone addition. So much empty, wasted space down the middle of the structure.
Housthen18
UD Class: 2018

Post by Housthen18 »

Andy Reid also just made the claim during an interview that Scott Swift played for UD: https://people.com/kansas-city-chiefs-c ... ce-8552013.

(The author of the People Magazine article is also a UD alum and made sure to insert the University's full name).
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Housthen18 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:51 pm Andy Reid also just made the claim during an interview that Scott Swift played for UD: https://people.com/kansas-city-chiefs-c ... ce-8552013.

(The author of the People Magazine article is also a UD alum and made sure to insert the University's full name).
Terrific publicity for our school, but I'm not sure how accurate that is. I don't remember Swift's name as Hen. Anyone else? I just checked my media guides, and Scott's nowhere to be found from 1970-1974. Granted, I'm missing 1973. Maybe he joined the team after a media guide was printed, but it seems unlikely.

He did suit up in 1970 for Hawaii and must have transferred to Newark soon after. I had no idea but just found this online.
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2023/11/3 ... onnection/
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:29 pm
Housthen18 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:51 pm Andy Reid also just made the claim during an interview that Scott Swift played for UD: https://people.com/kansas-city-chiefs-c ... ce-8552013.

Terrific publicity for our school, but I'm not sure how accurate that is. I don't remember Swift's name as Hen. Anyone else? I just checked my media guides, and Scott's nowhere to be found from 1970-1974. Granted, I'm missing 1973. Maybe he joined the team after a media guide was printed, but it seems unlikely.

He did suit up in 1970 for Hawaii and must have transferred to Newark soon after. I had no idea but just found this online.
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2023/11/3 ... onnection/
Not on the 1973 roster, according to the Blue Hens website:

https://bluehens.com/sports/football/ro ... ?sort=name

Obligatory joke left out... 8)
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
hensfan40yrs

Post by hensfan40yrs »

Nestle Stadium / Tubby Raymond Field (annual donation?)
Los Angeles Harballers
TokyoHens1
UD Class: 1989

Post by TokyoHens1 »

hensfan40yrs wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:37 am Nestle Stadium / Tubby Raymond Field (annual donation?)
With some HOT CHOCOLATE on those cold evenings!
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

TokyoHens1 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:06 pm
hensfan40yrs wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:37 am Nestle Stadium / Tubby Raymond Field (annual donation?)
With some HOT CHOCOLATE on those cold evenings!
With Peppermint Schnapps and whipped cream.

Or, tequila with some chili powder.

Plenty of options.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Cluck U wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:11 pmNot on the 1973 roster, according to the Blue Hens website:

https://bluehens.com/sports/football/ro ... ?sort=name

Obligatory joke left out... 8)
That's terrific that they now have old rosters archived online. Thanks for the reference.
CastleHen

Post by CastleHen »

"If you build it....they will come"...
rooneyguy
UD Class: 1988

Post by rooneyguy »

CastleHen wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:21 am "If you build it....they will come"...
and "You get what you pay for"
Hens79

Post by Hens79 »

rooneyguy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:27 am
CastleHen wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:21 am "If you build it....they will come"...
and "You get what you pay for"
Yep. And we already have an underwhelming west stands. Don’t make the same mistake with the NEZ.
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

We did not realize how poor the seating was in Delaware Stadium until the west stands were redone.

Chairbacks, cup holders, wider aisles, padded seats in the Club section, etc. Even the bench seating on the end sections is roomier and better than before.

It will continue to be difficult to sell season tickets in the east stands until something is done there. As in our personal lives, too bad that budgets enter into our decisions. Ha!
#JUST WIN
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

Info Hound wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:55 am We did not realize how poor the seating was in Delaware Stadium until the west stands were redone.

Chairbacks, cup holders, wider aisles, padded seats in the Club section, etc. Even the bench seating on the end sections is roomier and better than before.

It will continue to be difficult to sell season tickets in the east stands until something is done there. As in our personal lives, too bad that budgets enter into our decisions. Ha!
Those east stands aren’t too bad later in the season when the sun shines.