Delaware @ Colorado in 2025

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Re: Delaware @ Colorado in 2025

Post by Cluck U »

Remember, for a long time we averaged way less than 20k. Sure, we packed the stadium for Temple and a few others, but sellouts were not the norm over the course of our football history. Bigger stadium back then, but many of our attendance averages would not have filled our current stadium.

Losing to teams like Wittenberg and getting demolished when we played teams like Arkansas State, Marshall and other good teams didn’t drive fans away, nor did losing 4 of 5 to nova in the late 90s. Heck, coming off one of the worst seasons in our history, where we only won 4 games and had a game cancelled, the fans still came out in droves.

It was the decision(s) by a greedy and tone deaf administration to abuse the long-time regular fans that dropped our attendance.

Thank goodness we have a new administration. Chrissi has been a breath of fresh air…treating fans with respect and as adults. Good communication, good planning, always trying to add to the fans’ experience, constantly positive and smiling…she gets it. Do the little things right (beer in the stadium, stop crashing tailgates, cup holders, etc.) while also delivering the big things (hiring an energetic, forward thinking coach, hello FBS) is how you breath life back into a program.

Looking forward to seeing our Hens grow into their new surroundings. Exciting times.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
93BlueHen
UD Class: 1993

Post by 93BlueHen »

Cluck U wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:47 pm ...drawing a blank on the QB who ended up on the Most Wanted list.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Komlo

The "Later Life and Death" section of his wiki is wild stuff.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Knew Jeff some in College and he lived a whirlwind life. Tailgated with me and my gang up at Villanova in 2003 after I stopped him walking by. He remembered me and stopped for an hour but the whole time seemed to be looking over his shoulder. Shared some good old stories
dchen
UD Class: 1972

Post by dchen »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:16 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:42 pmHopefully we will get a G5 playoff once the everything shakes out ✌️
Possible, right? So long as there's sufficient fan, media, and sponsorship interest and money to be made for the schools, a 5 or 6-team G5 tournament with bowl tie-ins could be compelling.
Possible G5 opponents - UMass, UConn, Temple, JMU, Marshall etc with possible playoffs? In one sense it just seems like the old FCS gang at a higher level with better revenue streams and larger squads.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

HENJOHN wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:57 am Knew Jeff some in College and he lived a whirlwind life. Tailgated with me and my gang up at Villanova in 2003 after I stopped him walking by. He remembered me and stopped for an hour but the whole time seemed to be looking over his shoulder. Shared some good old stories
John, I’m thinking there is an outside chance he’s still looking over his shoulder, but admittedly, I’m totally jaded by working too many “fake your own death” cases in the maritime domain

Komlo was really the first QB I remember at Delaware, and I was fired up seeing him play for the Lions but he stunk in the NFL
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Randy Marsh
UD Class: 2020

Post by Randy Marsh »

I think 50/50 chance that Coach Slime...sorry Prime...is still in Boulder by then. Regardless should be a good game for our boys. I think the first P5 to visit Newark will be an East Coast team, say a Rutgers or a Syracuse.
8)

2020 M.Ed. in Exceptional Children

Whiskey expert.