Princeton

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Red Rooney
UD Class: 0

Re: Princeton

Post by Red Rooney »

We have no outside game either
bluehens2005
UD Class: 2005

Post by bluehens2005 »

Red Rooney wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:28 pm We have no outside game either
Just Riley.
Hens79

Post by Hens79 »

Little run. Down to 10 at 4 min TO. Princeton now cold from 3 with better D. Hens, Davis getting to the line.
hoopster
UD Class: 1993

Post by hoopster »

Difference in this game is 3 point shooting.
GO BIG BLUE!
Hens79

Post by Hens79 »

hoopster wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:46 pm Difference in this game is 3 point shooting.
Sure is. It is the Hens achillies heel among several issues.
Hens79

Post by Hens79 »

OMG. Can win this thing after three very long 3s from Drumgelmore in 30 seconds.
Red Rooney

Post by Red Rooney »

Love the effort and the comeback. Some really questionable calls at the end. That was not a charge on Davis. Glad we made it close at the end with a full house. Now we need to get over the hump and win one of these big games at home.
bluehens2005
UD Class: 2005

Post by bluehens2005 »

Red Rooney wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:08 pm Love the effort and the comeback. Some really questionable calls at the end. That was not a charge on Davis. Glad we made it close at the end with a full house. Now we need to get over the hump and win one of these big games at home.
We didn’t give up is the best I’ve got for that one. Middle of the game slump killed us.
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

UNCG was clearly better than us; the other 4 losses got away from us. Dave has been saying it all season and today Bethea would have been the difference as well. Let's make some noise in conference play.
finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 »

jd of de wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:37 pm UNCG was clearly better than us; the other 4 losses got away from us. Dave has been saying it all season and today Bethea would have been the difference as well. Let's make some noise in conference play.
I’ll give you GW, Ohio, and Rider, but Princeton is better than we are. They went to the Sweet 16 last year for a reason. Much more disciplined, better shooters, and better defense. They are 12 and 1 for a reason.

No disrespect to Dave, but everyone and their sister has been talking about the need for better outside shooting. I guess we can keep praying for a late Christmas present in Bethea, but with each passing day that seems less likely. This team may need to figure it out with what we have, including getting more time for Drumgoole and Houser.
Hens79

Post by Hens79 »

finpxz1 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:23 pm
jd of de wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:37 pm UNCG was clearly better than us; the other 4 losses got away from us. Dave has been saying it all season and today Bethea would have been the difference as well. Let's make some noise in conference play.
I’ll give you GW, Ohio, and Rider, but Princeton is better than we are. They went to the Sweet 16 last year for a reason. Much more disciplined, better shooters, and better defense. They are 12 and 1 for a reason.

No disrespect to Dave, but everyone and their sister has been talking about the need for better outside shooting. I guess we can keep praying for a late Christmas present in Bethea, but with each passing day that seems less likely. This team may need to figure it out with what we have, including getting more time for Drumgoole and Houser.

Pretty much. And it actually makes it worse for me that the Hens let 4 games “get away from them”. It just happens too much. Hopefully there are some good surprises in the final CAA season. Finally, this waiting for Bethea is starting to look like another bailout for another potential disappointing season for MI. And if folks don’t know, Bethea made a grand total of 35 3’s last year and averaged 10.7 ppg in 28 games for a lousy team. With this teams shooting woes, he will surely help some. Be he will likely be far from a God send, when and if he does play,
mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell »

I don’t think we need a god send only another reliable three point option. If that is Bethea, great. If Drumgoole gains more consistency from the outside we will also be better off.

During the Rider game every time Reilly came off a pick or even came near the ball the Rider coaches were screaming “shooter, shooter”. No shouts for any other player.

I think Princeton was a “2 points” better team than Delaware yesterday. Their discipline, shooting, and defense broke down a bit in the second half.
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

mpwerrell wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:49 pm I don’t think we need a god send only another reliable three point option. If that is Bethea, great. If Drumgoole gains more consistency from the outside we will also be better off.

During the Rider game every time Reilly came off a pick or even came near the ball the Rider coaches were screaming “shooter, shooter”. No shouts for any other player.

I think Princeton was a “2 points” better team than Delaware yesterday. Their discipline, shooting, and defense broke down a bit in the second half.
Agree. We are missing a 2nd long threat. No one has to be Nate Darling; just capable of knocking down 4 or 5 threes a game. Reilly keeps drawing the best perimeter defense and shutting down our long range game. And giving up 80 points a game exasperates that issue as well.
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

This Team is no better than 10-8 in the CAA, told Dave so at the game Saturday.

I hope I am wrong!!!

I won't even go into all the issues and there's a few. I'll let everyone decide for themselves what they are.

And if we find a guy who can make 4-5 three's a game, we will win the CAA cause let's see, Curry, Thompson, Bane, Doncic, Lillard. That list is very short at any level. I know there talks on here about adding Houser to that list................ :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted:
finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 »

Never mind the CAA…we find a guy who can hit 4 or 5 threes per game and we may be headed to the Final Four…😂😂😂