2024 Schedule

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Info Hound

2024 Schedule

Post by Info Hound »

I assume we will hear soon.

We know Towson and Norfolk St. at home. Villanova and DSU away. Also, a UR fan reports we play them away.
I heard also of an OOC vs. Bryant, prior to their being added to the CAA.
Any other insights?
Last edited by Info Hound on Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#JUST WIN
finpxz1

Re: 2024 Schedule

Post by finpxz1 »

Would love to have at least one FBS on the schedule, but that may be difficult at this point with all the pending upcoming changes. Maybe UMass or UConn need a game? Or any of our future CUSA opponents?
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Info Hound wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:05 am I assume we will hear soon.

We know Towson and Norfolk St. at home. Villanova and DSU away. Also, a UR fan reports we play them away.
Any other insights?
No insight but at least give me one last year of some FCS playoff eligibility with this schedule please
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:02 pm

Any other insights?
No insight but at least give me one last year of some FCS playoff eligibility with this schedule please
We all know that is not in the picture. We can still have a fun year.
#JUST WIN
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

As long as the weather holds out on 2024 Fall weekends, we should be OK. Tailgates should be marked with grave stones as we bury the CAA.

And we'll be singing:

Bye, bye won't miss those CAA guys
Drove my chevy to the Tubby just to say our goodbyes
And good ol' boys will be drinking whiskey and rye
Singing: we got out just as the CAA died

We will play our last CAA schedule...wonder if the conference gurus will put us on a CAA "best hits" reunion tour featuring W&M, Richmond, nova, UNH, Rhody, Towson and Maine? But, that's only 7. Maybe bring Hofstra or Northeastern's flag football teams back for a "goodbye" CAA game that counts on our schedule...after all, I have it on good authority that wins will, uh, sort of pack the stadium. :P

As far as our OOC schedule goes, maybe we can squeeze in Morgan State to complete the MEAC OOC trifecta.

Or, maybe we can schedule Jackson State so that we can see what a Prime coached team looks like in preparation for our 2025 showdown. Oh wait...never mind...he took that team with him.

Whatever the schedule, it will be fun to see how Carty balances the roster for the different games.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Cluck U wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:59 pm As long as the weather holds out on 2024 Fall weekends, we should be OK. Tailgates should be marked with grave stones as we bury the CAA.

And we'll be singing:

Bye, bye won't miss those CAA guys
Drove my chevy to the Tubby just to say our goodbyes
And good ol' boys will be drinking whiskey and rye
Singing: we got out just as the CAA died

We will play our last CAA schedule...wonder if the conference gurus will put us on a CAA "best hits" reunion tour featuring W&M, Richmond, nova, UNH, Rhody, Towson and Maine? But, that's only 7. Maybe bring Hofstra or Northeastern's flag football teams back for a "goodbye" CAA game that counts on our schedule...after all, I have it on good authority that wins will, uh, sort of pack the stadium. :P

As far as our OOC schedule goes, maybe we can squeeze in Morgan State to complete the MEAC OOC trifecta.

Or, maybe we can schedule Jackson State so that we can see what a Prime coached team looks like in preparation for our 2025 showdown. Oh wait...never mind...he took that team with him.

Whatever the schedule, it will be fun to see how Carty balances the roster for the different games.
Good stuff

Lots of potential for a verse for every CAA team here Cluck
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
dchen
UD Class: 1972

Post by dchen »

Any other insights?
No insights but would we also have Campbell at home and NC&T and UNH away to complete the home and home with them? I would also like to see W&M at home one last time. If this is a 12 game season we would need 3 more. How about Maine, Albany and either a Patriot or Ivy.
Last edited by dchen on Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caldwell Chicken

Post by Caldwell Chicken »

dchen wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:51 pm

Any other insights?
No insights but would we also have UNH AND Campbell at home and NC&T away to complete the home and home with them? I would also like to see W&M at home one last time. If this is a 12 game season we would need 3 more. How about Maine, Albany and either a Patriot or Ivy.
Quick correction…UNH was home this year. If we complete a home and away it would be away this fall.
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

Since our CAA games don’t count in the CAA standings, I assume we will be a OOC game for whoever we play, and whoever we play will still have a full slate of 8 CAA games.

I can’t see Joey D agreeing to some CAA teams playing 8 conference games and the teams that play Delaware only having 7 games counted in the standings; that’s chaos.

Has OOC schedule opening;
Albany
Bryant
Campbell
Elon
Hampton
Maine
North Carolina A&T
Stony Brook
Villanova

Does not have OOC schedule opening;
Monmouth
New Hampshire
Rhode Island
Richmond
William & Mary
Towson
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

According to Joey D's statement on 11/28: "Games involving Delaware will count in the CAA Football Conference Standing".

I believe that we can win the conference championship, but (of course) cannot participate in the NCAA playoffs.

Our athletes and coaches can still receive weekly and post season awards.

Let's just beat them all next season, and go 8-0.
#JUST WIN
dchen
UD Class: 1972

Post by dchen »

Caldwell Chicken wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:38 pm
dchen wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:51 pm

No insights but would we also have UNH AND Campbell at home and NC&T away to complete the home and home with them? I would also like to see W&M at home one last time. If this is a 12 game season we would need 3 more. How about Maine, Albany and either a Patriot or Ivy.
Quick correction…UNH was home this year. If we complete a home and away it would be away this fall.
Fixed. Thanks.
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

With the number of teams in this league, I don't think that home and away scheduling is a factor. We are more likely, in my view, of getting a random team being added to the schedule. For example, rather than a "return" game to UNH, we'll get a home or away with Monmouth or Maine, for a last time.

We should know soon, I would hope.

Whatever it is, we won't see most of these teams again, which I am glad for.
#JUST WIN
Double G

Post by Double G »

Last year the CAA schedule was announced on January 10th so we shouldn't be holding our breath for too much longer.
Personally I don't care who we play as long as we go out kicking butt. JMU won the conference championship 5 of their last 7 seasons and how many people this week reminded us at Christmas parties how Villanova again had their way as usual. If we want real interest from those who are not in our blue hen bubble then we have to flex our muscle at the Tub while proving the move naysayers wrong.
Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 »

Double G wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:34 am Last year the CAA schedule was announced on January 10th so we shouldn't be holding our breath for too much longer.
Personally I don't care who we play as long as we go out kicking butt. JMU won the conference championship 5 of their last 7 seasons and how many people this week reminded us at Christmas parties how Villanova again had their way as usual. If we want real interest from those who are not in our blue hen bubble then we have to flex our muscle at the Tub while proving the move naysayers wrong.
Zero people I met at parties, bars etc … talked about Villanova beating the Hens again. But many people, some who aren’t even really football fans talked about CUSA and “moving up”.

Win as many games as possible this year then say good bye to the CAA and FCS.
Double G

Post by Double G »

You live in Delaware , I assume . I live in Pa and not under the blue hen bubble that apparently blocks out quite a bit of logic. Maybe they watched the Nova & Montana games on TV and saw how we stumbled. Maybe your group was at the bowling alley then ? I'm on your side and pleased to see the move .