2024 Schedule

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
BlueHenBill

Re: 2024 Schedule

Post by BlueHenBill »

UD '01 grad wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:23 pm
Gannonfan wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:58 pm
UD '01 grad wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:27 pm Was talking to a Notre Dame fan yesterday. The thought is one of those open dates (probably Nov. 23) is going to be vs. Army at Yankee Stadium. However, Army has 14 schools listed as potential 2024 games on this normally reliable site, not including the Irish.

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/army/
Army is moving to the AAC next year so they'll have conference games they didn't have as an independent. Their schedule will be in flux until all of this is sorted out. However, if they can get ND on the schedule I'm sure they'll find a way.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ee-stadium
Relevance of the posts immediately above?
Baltimore Hen
UD Class: 0

Post by Baltimore Hen »

BlueHenBill wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:04 pm

Army is moving to the AAC next year so they'll have conference games they didn't have as an independent. Their schedule will be in flux until all of this is sorted out. However, if they can get ND on the schedule I'm sure they'll find a way.
so now we have relevance police on here? Really? :roll:

the thread is about scheduling and what the possibilities are. suggesting potential opponents and their availability its that mold
Roger_Podacter
UD Class: 1995

Post by Roger_Podacter »

Dang, 2025 is setting up quite nicely.

2024?? Ehhh.
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

Reminder - The 8 CAA games we’ve agreed to only play 63 scholarship players. The fewest we’ve played since at least 2012, and probably even further back than that.
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

jd of de wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:01 pmReminder - The 8 CAA games we’ve agreed to only play 63 scholarship players. The fewest we’ve played since at least 2012, and probably even further back than that.
And who will monitor 63 scholarship player limit from week to week? There's the verbal agreement and then the actual practice. What can the Coastal possibly do if UD happens to exceed the 63 scholarship players in any given game, prohibit the Hens from post-season eligibility in '24?

I'm not suggesting UD will go out of its way to go beyond the agreement, but I just find it hard to believe there's going to be any real accounting. The reality is that both the Coastal and UD are just trying to get through the '24 season with the least amount of scheduling disruption possible.
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:12 pm
jd of de wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:01 pmReminder - The 8 CAA games we’ve agreed to only play 63 scholarship players. The fewest we’ve played since at least 2012, and probably even further back than that.
And who will monitor 63 scholarship player limit from week to week? There's the verbal agreement and then the actual practice. What can the Coastal possibly do if UD happens to exceed the 63 scholarship players in any given game, prohibit the Hens from post-season eligibility in '24?

I'm not suggesting UD will go out of its way to go beyond the agreement, but I just find it hard to believe there's going to be any real accounting. The reality is that both the Coastal and UD are just trying to get through the '24 season with the least amount of scheduling disruption possible.
Really? :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, let’s break our word and carry that rep to a new conference. Did you consider the agreement has been filed with the NCAA and at minimum UD would be subject to forfeiture of its wins? Player participation stats and the scholarship roster submitted to the NCAA could compared by a NCAA intern. Geeezzzz.
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

jd of de wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:41 pmDid you consider the agreement has been filed with the NCAA and at minimum UD would be subject to forfeiture of its wins?
Have you confirmed the NCAA filing/forfeiture agreement with UD or are you speculating?

Delaware seldom uses 63 players in regular season games. It's not going to be an issue, as pointed out by Mr. Tresolini in this article.
https://www.delawareonline.com/story/s ... 731350007/
Delaware has agreed to make only 63 scholarship players available for those games, which seems rather insignificant when fewer than that typically play. Delaware used 53 players in its FCS tourney win over Lafayette Saturday and 59 the week before against Villanova.

As I very plainly stated in my prior post, UD won't likely go out of its way to play more than 63, but nobody's going to care. So, aside from not ever needing to exceed the 63-player participation level vs. Coastal teams, we also aren't eligible for the '24 post-season. Forfeiture? Really? :lol:
Section J
UD Class: 1983

Post by Section J »

BlueHenBill wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
“I don't want everyone to like me; I should think less of myself if some people did.”― Henry James
bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk »

Maybe it’s UD’s financial hole that prevents these kind of deals but DelState just picked up a FBS game for August 24 - at Hawaii. UD could’ve done the same and moved the Bryant game from Thursday to Saturday….

Just saying, #forwardthinking
UD to FBS. I never thought I’d see the day
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

bluehenbillk wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:48 pm Maybe it’s UD’s financial hole that prevents these kind of deals but DelState just picked up a FBS game for August 24 - at Hawaii. UD could’ve done the same and moved the Bryant game from Thursday to Saturday….

Just saying, #forwardthinking
I'd love to see the financial details of DSU's game. I'd be surprised if UD didn't at least investigate the possibility. That's a taxing trip on a couple different levels.