Stony Brook

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
dovetail
UD Class: 1966

Re: Stony Brook

Post by dovetail »

How bout that. We won a close one.
Brookside kid hen
UD Class: 1987

Post by Brookside kid hen »

Yes we finally won a close game. We made winning plays in the final 4:00 of the game and obviously winning plays win games. Lol. And you bet, when I looked at the stats after the game, hell yes Davis is a special player.
Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 »

Hens find some offense in the second half after scoring only 25 in the first. Davis with a monster game at 29/17. Hens were 19-22 from the line in the second half. These are games they have to win and they did.
UDHoops
UD Class: 2023

Post by UDHoops »

Look at how many replies are in the threads after wins and then look how many there are after losses.

Go Hens… bigger one on Saturday
Twitter: @SSN_BlueHens
Feathers and Field Goals Podcast: https://feathersandfieldgoals.podbean.com/
Class of 2023
Red Rooney
UD Class: 0

Post by Red Rooney »

Nice win!

Davis is special and you could see he wanted to ball down the stretch.

I really like Drumgoole starting over Trent. Trent does some nice things but it’s really tough offensively with him and Lane and Ray on the floor at the same time.

Ray does so many little things right.

This team has the pieces and depth to be really good. Just need to be consistent especially on defense.

I really like this team.
rooneyguy
UD Class: 1988

Post by rooneyguy »

Since no one has mentioned this so far, I'll go first. MI did a nice job of coaching last night against a much bigger and stronger physical opponent. Just saying.
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

The team and coaches did not panic, even though I felt like doing so at one point. LOL

Jyare really willed the team to the win. What a smooth operator he is..... We needed that from him last night.

Reilly had no points, and few shots were able to be taken. SB defended him really well.
#JUST WIN
Double G

Post by Double G »

Glad to finally see a game in person.

Refs were noticeably poor.

Great effort but this team is going nowhere special without a post player.
UDJoe

Post by UDJoe »

[quote=rooneyguy post_id=439092 time=1705669939 user_id=27001]
Since no one has mentioned this so far, I'll go first. MI did a nice job of coaching last night against a much bigger and stronger physical opponent. Just saying.
[/quote]

This.
Henway

Post by Henway »

UDHoops wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:31 pm Look at how many replies are in the threads after wins and then look how many there are after losses.

Go Hens… bigger one on Saturday
Don't worry, when we probably lose on Saturday vs Drexel( who own us almost as much as Hofstra), we will hear from the usual suspects.....And it will be coaching that does us in; their favorite refrain. :wink: :roll: :lol:
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

rooneyguy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:12 am Since no one has mentioned this so far, I'll go first. MI did a nice job of coaching last night against a much bigger and stronger physical opponent. Just saying.
Good points and agree. Let's go on a roll. I liked winning a close game very much
bluehens2005
UD Class: 2005

Post by bluehens2005 »

UDJoe wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:38 am
rooneyguy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:12 am Since no one has mentioned this so far, I'll go first. MI did a nice job of coaching last night against a much bigger and stronger physical opponent. Just saying.
This.
Stony was like 9-8 or 8-9 coming into this they aren’t that great. Our lack of big man inside is going to kill us on the boards against good rebounding teams . Bethea curious to see him get more involved he’s out there as a body but it’s going to take time I guess to get him comfortable playing with these guys. Drumgoole also does a nice job for us with Davis when they both have a good game we have hope.
bluehens2005
UD Class: 2005

Post by bluehens2005 »

Red Rooney wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:59 pm Nice win!

Davis is special and you could see he wanted to ball down the stretch.

I really like Drumgoole starting over Trent. Trent does some nice things but it’s really tough offensively with him and Lane and Ray on the floor at the same time.

Ray does so many little things right.

This team has the pieces and depth to be really good. Just need to be consistent especially on defense.

I really like this team.
Would be nice if the local community would come out and see Davis play he’s a local
Guy Delaware should promote that more. When Elena was here the place was packed, Davis is a great player I wish the community would come check him out!
finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 »

There is still some skepticism with this team. We need to demonstrate an ability to be more consistent in order to generate more excitement to get the non-diehards interested. Couldn't help but look at their starting lineup with a 7 footer and 6' 10" forward and wonder how come we can't find more size in the post. Nice comeback win...now is the time to start stringing some wins together. Would be great to knock Drexel off in Philly tomorrow!
allteamball
UD Class: 1992

Post by allteamball »

This team is indeed resilient, evidenced by their ability to come back in second half of games. Won’t say that this team is a title contender yet. Need more consistency winning in conference for me to believe.