Spring Game Info - April 19

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Re: Spring Game Info - April 19

Post by Cluck U »

Possibly a passing light shower Friday evening.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

Will UD employ a security screening system to spot any spies attempting to acquire beneficial information? :lol:
Will the stadium be cleared when the scrimmage action itself begin? :lol:
asking for a friend :wink:
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill »

Cluck U wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:02 am Possibly a passing light shower Friday evening.
Going to be rather cool as well with Real Feel Temperatures in the low 50's during game time.
tenn hen

Post by tenn hen »

maybe you locals with contacts with our AD might suggest that UD produce an edited video of the scrimmage which was acceptable to RC. Heck, he could edit the production. Properly produced, it might be a plus to gain new STHs as well as to the publicize UD. Recruits could be sent a link. This is a late thought, but shouldn't make this endeavor an issue. The medium is the message. Heck, RC could narrate and have his coaches throw in some comments as well.
Caldwell Chicken

Post by Caldwell Chicken »

https://x.com/Delaware_FB/status/1781307680063115561

For your enjoyment if you do not have social media.
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

tenn hen

Post by tenn hen »

Caldwell Chicken wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:35 am https://x.com/Delaware_FB/status/1781307680063115561

just saw your awesome creation 8). nice :D I checked our official online site after I posted earlier and there was no mention of the scrimmage tonight- you can't be serious? I am!

BTW-It appears that we are attempting to become a tennis mecca by all the print they are receiving-that's excellent and good work by the staff. Hey, we even have a Tennis Director overseeing both m&w- If this is our goal, we might want to consider including an indoor facility in the future. I'm not privy to what we spend each winter for the Elkton indoor court availability for practices and matches, but I'd be surprised if it was offered gratis. Most Probably a pipedream, but it could be made available to our students for recreational fun/tournaments at different levels, for the paying public, and for UD events of all types like fundraising. Just brainstorming and planting a potential seed.
UDHoops
UD Class: 2023

Post by UDHoops »

Hope to meet some of you there at the pregame event in the Whitney/game. Happy Game Day!
Twitter: @SSN_BlueHens
Feathers and Field Goals Podcast: https://feathersandfieldgoals.podbean.com/
Class of 2023
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 »

tenn hen wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:06 am
Caldwell Chicken wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:35 am https://x.com/Delaware_FB/status/1781307680063115561

just saw your awesome creation 8). nice :D I checked our official online site after I posted earlier and there was no mention of the scrimmage tonight- you can't be serious? I am!

BTW-It appears that we are attempting to become a tennis mecca by all the print they are receiving-that's excellent and good work by the staff. Hey, we even have a Tennis Director overseeing both m&w- If this is our goal, we might want to consider including an indoor facility in the future. I'm not privy to what we spend each winter for the Elkton indoor court availability for practices and matches, but I'd be surprised if it was offered gratis. Most Probably a pipedream, but it could be made available to our students for recreational fun/tournaments at different levels, for the paying public, and for UD events of all types like fundraising. Just brainstorming and planting a potential seed.
UD also has a “Director of Golf” & her hubby is the head coach of the men’s team.
#JustWinBaby
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

tenn hen wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:06 am

I think the UD teams sometimes play indoors at Delcastle too. They have a wonderful facility there. UD should copy its design and make indoor tennis available on campus for the teams and coeds too. And dare I say, pickleball? As a dedicated tennis player, I am not so thrilled about the PB but people love it.
Last edited by 77HEN on Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill »

If the indoor facility would be available to students and others when the tennis teams aren't using it, student fees can be used to pay at least part of the cost as in the Carpenter Center practice Basketball courts.
Last edited by BlueHenBill on Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UDan
UD Class: 2025

Post by UDan »

http://128.175.76.123:8000/stream/4/

Link above to listen live to WVUD Sports' spring game broadcast!
Daniel Steenkamer, HERO Sports FCS Correspondent
Twitter @DanSteenkamer
Instagram | dansteenkamer.fcs
University of Delaware '25 via Syracuse University

2022 GoHens FCS Playoff Pick-'em Pool Champion
Firstand10BlueHens
UD Class: 2005

Post by Firstand10BlueHens »

Anything notable from the game? I expected it to be more that 70 mins but looks like I missed the commentary.
finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 »

I lasted for about the first hour. Defense seemed to have the upper hand from what I could tell. O’Connor wasn’t terribly sharp, but St. Fleur ran hard, and Minucci is really quick…St Fleur looks like a player to me. Both 50 and 56 on defense were injured, although it didn’t look like 50 was seriously hurt. Couldn’t tell about 56 as he went off to the away sideline. I did notice they used a different PA guy. I wonder if “Mr Personality” is gone or if they were just giving this new guy a test run on the mic. Good to see Bilal walking the sideline.