Northeastern

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Northeastern

Post by UD '01 grad »

Hens a 5.5-point favorite as it seeks to avoid its third straight CAA home defeat.

https://www.oddstrader.com/ncaa-college ... ket-detail
UDPat

Re: Northeastern

Post by UDPat »

This is not meant to be argumentative but...............................

After victories against the X and Rhodey, did anyone expects to be in this spot???

Most of you did not.

I want a very competitive OOC schedule just like you. At this level Jan/Feb/Mar is ALL that matters. The hopes for an atlarge bid are so few and far between, mids can't schedule based on that.

Now can we win tonight?? Of course, is it a lock?? Nope

Unfortunately, my 10-8 preseason pick my come to be. I hope not. Can't base 12-6 on how bad you may think the league is.
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted:
gonzo
UD Class: 2005

Post by gonzo »

I don't often label a game against a 12-17 conference opponent as a "must-win," but after getting beat at home by Charleston and Drexel, I hope the team can come out tonight and handle their business.

It's the last home game of the year and senior night. Will the real Blue Hens please show up?
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

FTs are carrying the game for us. otherwise relatively even stats

uh oh 2 pt game now
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
LifetimeHensFan
UD Class: 2015

Post by LifetimeHensFan »

Anyone of a game update please?

I see on the Twitter we just had an 8-0 but the link for stats isn't working https://x.com/DelawareMBB/status/176322 ... 01315?s=20
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

Tied 59-59
4:55 left

Update
Hens win 73-67
bluehens2005
UD Class: 2005

Post by bluehens2005 »

jd of de wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:38 pm Tied 59-59
4:55 left
Well at least we won our last home game… we always find ways to make it interesting and closer than necessary!
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

NE has had some physical bigs in the past, but this is the most physical team I’ve seen Cohen have. Looked like a Towson game.

The bad news is, we will see a lot of zone defense in DC.

The good news is, after a fast start, we held NE to 47 points in 30 minutes. On to Stony.
Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 »

Got the W against a physical, athletic team that can’t shoot worth a lick. The Hens figured out the zone enough in the last 8 minutes or so and played tough D to gut it out.
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

Just saw the post games notes:

Copied right from the notes: The Hens improve to 15-1 when holding opponents under 70 points this season

I got criticized for pointing this out all during the season. Whatever, I could yell again about the need for scheduling up!!!!! Oh wait, that's not me!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 »

The bigger stat, at least to me is the Hens are 0-5 against the top 4 teams and 1-6 against teams above them in the CAA standings. They can’t beat good teams no matter the score. And one of the reasons is the Hens have a tougher time scoring against good teams and have a tougher time stopping them. It is pretty basic. The game notes also said the Hens had the longest streak in the country ….. for days between home games. :D
UDHoops
UD Class: 2023

Post by UDHoops »

Scenarios for our seed, who we will play, and what time our games would be in the tournament.

https://x.com/ssn_bluehens/status/17635 ... VHPEJ8igOg

Fast notes: if Monmouth wins at Elon (1 pm) or Towson wins at UNC Wilmington (2 pm) before our 4 o’clock tip off, we clinch the 6th seed. If Elon and UNCW win, that means the winner of us and Stony Brook is the 6, the other the 7.

The 6 seed will play the winner of the 11/14 game in the first round. The 11 seed is locked in as Elon. The 14 will be the loser of Saturday’s William & Mary/Hampton game. Based on future opponents, it’s likely that Drexel and Hofstra are the 2 and 3 seeds on our side of the bracket. More breakdown on their tiebreakers are in the link.

If you’re planning on a weekend trip to DC with me, get ready for the late game. The 6 seed will play at 8:30 Saturday, quarterfinals Sunday, and in the semifinals Monday if they make it that far. As the 7, same time Monday, but the first two games on the weekend would be at 6 pm.
Twitter: @SSN_BlueHens
Feathers and Field Goals Podcast: https://feathersandfieldgoals.podbean.com/
Class of 2023
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

Thanks UDHoops. Two wins in DC will be a success tournament IMO. Both Drexel and Hofstra have been difficult for us to deal with, but there is a reason they play the games. Win Saturday and see what happens.

I’d expect a lighter turnout in DC. Historically W&M fans have made up a bigger portion of the fans bases in attendance. Fischers must feel his days are numbered.
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

Hens79 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:43 am The bigger stat, at least to me is the Hens are 0-5 against the top 4 teams and 1-6 against teams above them in the CAA standings. They can’t beat good teams no matter the score. And one of the reasons is the Hens have a tougher time scoring against good teams and have a tougher time stopping them. It is pretty basic. The game notes also said the Hens had the longest streak in the country ….. for days between home games. :D
And I have been pointing this out all year before the notes. It just happened to be confirmed. Using notes is your MO.

They are just not good enough as you point out against the better teams.
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

UDPat wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:43 am
Hens79 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:43 am The bigger stat, at least to me is the Hens are 0-5 against the top 4 teams and 1-6 against teams above them in the CAA standings. They can’t beat good teams no matter the score. And one of the reasons is the Hens have a tougher time scoring against good teams and have a tougher time stopping them. It is pretty basic. The game notes also said the Hens had the longest streak in the country ….. for days between home games. :D
And I have been pointing this out all year before the notes. It just happened to be confirmed. Using notes is your MO.

They are just not good enough as you point out against the better teams.
**Whispers**

Just like the football team ...

2022: 1-3 against CAA teams that finished ahead of them, 2-4 if you include teams it tied with.

2023:
0-1 against CAA teams that finished ahead of them, 0-2 if you include teams it tied with.