Northeastern

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Hens79
UD Class: 0

Re: Northeastern

Post by Hens79 »

Anyway, the current state of UD basketball isn’t very appealing to many. My son, grand daughter and I were part of the “crowd” of 1798 on Senior Night. What a shame. This can’t go on much longer.
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

UDPat wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:01 am Just saw the post games notes:

Copied right from the notes: The Hens improve to 15-1 when holding opponents under 70 points this season

I got criticized for pointing this out all during the season. Whatever, I could yell again about the need for scheduling up!!!!! Oh wait, that's not me!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
So Pat-

I guess you're magic number is 69 :lol: though it's rather obvious that holding teams under 70 will generally result in a W. Since level of our scheduled competition is unable to score enough points due to their O statistics, it's almost an automatic. I'll agree though that tough D is the basis for success in most sports since we always here talking heads informing us that "if we hold the opposition under...." we'll win( whatever team they are hyping before game time :wink: :wink:

I fail to comprehend your silly comments about "scheduling up" since I believe it's the only way to make our sports programs viable in the real mid major conversation. Quality competition increases fans to come out! Defeating teams like Xavier this speaks volumes for headlines and improving our rankings. X was the highlight of our season. A CAA title would certainly ease many of our disappointments with the quality of play this season since we'd have to take down Charleston and a few other good teams in the process. Here's hoping for another repeat of a few years ago!

Happy to see us hold on to the W. With the overall parity at the top,w e have the opportunity to make it to the finals. I still believe we have "enough" talent on our good days to get that far assuming we shoot at a decent clip even without a Big Man on the roster.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
tenn hen

Post by tenn hen »

Hens79 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:16 am Anyway, the current state of UD basketball isn’t very appealing to many. My son, grand daughter and I were part of the “crowd” of 1798 on Senior Night. What a shame. This can’t go on much longer.
It was disturbing and sad to view all the empty seats behind our seniors who are ending their careers this season. It was especially a bummer to realize that C.RAY who has been the glue of this team( as so many have stated) receiving so little good byes from our season ticket holders -not to mention all the ocassional fans, but he's got a W last night to remember. He is a warrior of the Samurai class and we're lucky to have reined him in for all these years.
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

tenn hen wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:26 am
UDPat wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:01 am Just saw the post games notes:

Copied right from the notes: The Hens improve to 15-1 when holding opponents under 70 points this season

I got criticized for pointing this out all during the season. Whatever, I could yell again about the need for scheduling up!!!!! Oh wait, that's not me!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
So Pat-

I guess you're magic number is 69 :lol: though it's rather obvious that holding teams under 70 will generally result in a W. Since level of our scheduled competition is unable to score enough points due to their O statistics, it's almost an automatic. I'll agree though that tough D is the basis for success in most sports since we always here talking heads informing us that "if we hold the opposition under...." we'll win( whatever team they are hyping before game time :wink: :wink:

I fail to comprehend your silly comments about "scheduling up" since I believe it's the only way to make our sports programs viable in the real mid major conversation. Quality competition increases fans to come out! Defeating teams like Xavier this speaks volumes for headlines and improving our rankings. X was the highlight of our season. A CAA title would certainly ease many of our disappointments with the quality of play this season since we'd have to take down Charleston and a few other good teams in the process. Here's hoping for another repeat of a few years ago!

Happy to see us hold on to the W. With the overall parity at the top,w e have the opportunity to make it to the finals. I still believe we have "enough" talent on our good days to get that far assuming we shoot at a decent clip even without a Big Man on the roster.
They are your silly comments. The highlight of the year was beating X I agree, and in the grand scale of things other than the win, how did we benefit? I don't completely disagree with you but your constant harping on the subject is not needed on this and every thread, every week.
We get your point.

And I stand by it's how you do at this level in Jan/Feb/March. As it turns out the X game means nothing or brought us nothing.

There is parity at the top at the top of the CAA this year. We are just not part of the top of the CAA this year.
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted:
tenn hen

Post by tenn hen »

Pat, my comments aren't silly. That's a fact Jack!. As to harping- you bet- the squeaky wheel has been beneficial by many here to get FBS football, but as to repeating it, I hate having to keep pushing the envelope but FYI Pat- the athletic dept is working on scheduling now for many future years. It is the Front Porch to our name recognition. I hope I've planted enough seeds with our people to influence UD to "get 'er done". Football schedules are an awesome result Bro, once that's accomplished, I will conclude the SQ.
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

tenn hen wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:23 am Pat, my comments aren't silly. That's a fact Jack!. As to harping- you bet- the squeaky wheel has been beneficial by many here to get FBS football, but as to repeating it, I hate having to keep pushing the envelope but FYI Pat- the athletic dept is working on scheduling now for many future years. It is the Front Porch to our name recognition. I hope I've planted enough seeds with our people to influence UD to "get 'er done". Football schedules are an awesome result Bro, once that's accomplished, I will conclude the SQ.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was told the reason's we pulled the trigger on our move to CUSA / FBS and none of them had anything to do with squeaky wheels that post here.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

tenn hen wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:23 am Pat, my comments aren't silly. That's a fact Jack!. As to harping- you bet- the squeaky wheel has been beneficial by many here to get FBS football, but as to repeating it, I hate having to keep pushing the envelope but FYI Pat- the athletic dept is working on scheduling now for many future years. It is the Front Porch to our name recognition. I hope I've planted enough seeds with our people to influence UD to "get 'er done". Football schedules are an awesome result Bro, once that's accomplished, I will conclude the SQ.
You are delusional if you think this board had anything to do with the move to FBS. Just down right ridiculous statement by you.
More delusional if you think you planted seeds with anyone at UD, I think they are still waiting for their 25$ for Lunch from you!!!

I just wish you'd send some of what your smoking our way, cause it does cause some nice hallucinations!!!!
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted:
tenn hen

Post by tenn hen »

The expert knowledge of both of you is unassailable and your unflagging brilliance is clearly omnipotent! I don't claim to hold the bully pulpit, but there are many of us on gohens who have been complaining and pushing for an upgrade of UD athletics for years-seeds.

This internal dissent with the state of UD athletics has combined with the loss of season and same day tickets at all major events(low revenue) to paint an uncomplimentary view of our school. On televised games UD appears uninterested and non supportive to anyone who tunes in and sees all the empty seats at our venues. No front porch here! We got slaughtered out in South Dakota to a bit more of a national audience. Even our wins against mediocre FCS teams in the early rounds of the championships were dicey and left a sorry taste in our mouths among the large majority of us fans. Basketball is in the same boat. Outside of the Xavier and Princeton games( clearly upgrading) when we played solidly, there was little to enjoy.

so we're ready to move past the Lost Decade- it's a good thing.