CAA TOURNAMENT

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Re: CAA TOURNAMENT

Post by tenn hen »

Elon lost the game at the FT line with 10 misses!
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 »

jd of de wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:48 pm Hampton had guys flying at Elon's 3-point shooters and were crashing the boards the whole game.
I'd expect the gameplan against us will be the same.
Why would Hampton fly at our 3-point shooters??? To the contrary, I would expect them to dare us to shoot from distance and pack the lane and rebound.
bluehens2005
UD Class: 2005

Post by bluehens2005 »

Could win tomorrow night depends what team shows up after the last few games at the end of the season I’m not so sure but will say would be nice to get a win and see what happens most likely, though the buck stops when we play Hofstra if we get that far.
UDHoops
UD Class: 2023

Post by UDHoops »

Twitter: @SSN_BlueHens
Feathers and Field Goals Podcast: https://feathersandfieldgoals.podbean.com/
Class of 2023
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

finpxz1 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:05 pm
jd of de wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:48 pm Hampton had guys flying at Elon's 3-point shooters and were crashing the boards the whole game.
I'd expect the gameplan against us will be the same.
Why would Hampton fly at our 3-point shooters??? To the contrary, I would expect them to dare us to shoot from distance and pack the lane and rebound.
:lol:

True. They only need to fly out on, maybe, 2 guys.

They should be flying to the rim…to get defensive rebounds from our brick layers.

In any case, we should win our first game. After that…
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Nice!

Congrats to both men. 👍
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS

UDPat

Post by UDPat »

UDPat wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:59 am They are different weekends but,

CAA Tourny or 1st ever official WSOP Sanctioned Event??

For me, a no brainer
Well well well, the correct choice was made.

In my 1st ever sanctioned WSOP Circuit Ring Event, it went well. It drew 680 entries, for the one day event that started Sunday 10AM. The buy in was 300$ Well play was suspended at 1:15AM with 8 players left. Resuming Monday at 1PM. I was one of those 8 still playing!!!

I was the short stack when play resumed. Ave chip stack was 1.7 M and I started with 650K. I didn't give up and battled the best I could. I was able to grind to a 5th place finish. To put it in perspective, chipping up to 5th from 8th earned me almost 5K. I cashed for the biggest 4 digit payout, 4th was a 5 digit payout. 30K to winner plus a WSOP Gold Ring plus a free seat to the 10K buy in WSOP Tournament of Champions in Vegas this summer. The winner of that took home 400K last year.

I can't make this up, you can look up results on WSOP.com

Very happy with the way I played!!!

Once could be a fluke, but when I do again!!!!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted:
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

UDPat wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:47 am
UDPat wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:59 am They are different weekends but,

CAA Tourny or 1st ever official WSOP Sanctioned Event??

For me, a no brainer
Well well well, the correct choice was made.

In my 1st ever sanctioned WSOP Circuit Ring Event, it went well. It drew 680 entries, for the one day event that started Sunday 10AM. The buy in was 300$ Well play was suspended at 1:15AM with 8 players left. Resuming Monday at 1PM. I was one of those 8 still playing!!!

I was the short stack when play resumed. Ave chip stack was 1.7 M and I started with 650K. I didn't give up and battled the best I could. I was able to grind to a 5th place finish. To put it in perspective, chipping up to 5th from 8th earned me almost 5K. I cashed for the biggest 4 digit payout, 4th was a 5 digit payout. 30K to winner plus a WSOP Gold Ring plus a free seat to the 10K buy in WSOP Tournament of Champions in Vegas this summer. The winner of that took home 400K last year.

I can't make this up, you can look up results on WSOP.com

Very happy with the way I played!!!

Once could be a fluke, but when I do again!!!!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
$4,146 bump in pay.

Congrats!

So, how does the Pat in UDPat fit in (you don’t have to answer that…just curious)?

2 other things caught my eye. Senior event. Few women.

Poker, chess and competitive sailing…not many women. Bummer. But, the ones who do participate are fun.

UDPat

Post by UDPat »

James Patrick
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

UDPat wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:55 pmJames Patrick
Gotcha'.

Congrats, again. :D

UDPat

Post by UDPat »

Cluck U wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:07 pm
UDPat wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:55 pmJames Patrick
Gotcha'.

Congrats, again. :D
There were a fair amount of ladies, 2 made the top 15 and 1 made the FT, out in 9th I believe.
Was set to play the Monday 11AM event but when the Seniors went over that was not possible.

Thank you again