Feel the Sting

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Feel the Sting

Post by UD '01 grad »

Delaware State in MEAC title game today at 1 p.m. (ESPN2).

Advanced by defeating S.C. State and N.C. Central, who Hornets went 0-4 against in regular season.

Play Howard, who knocked off top-seed Norfolk State yesterday. Hornets also lost to Bison twice in regular season, including by 19 points on March 4.

Hornets a 2.5-/3-point underdog.

https://www.oddstrader.com/ncaa-college ... ket-detail
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Re: Feel the Sting

Post by tenn hen »

interesting- if DSU wins, they will give Delaware a minute amount of attention, but mostly the wrong kind!

BTW- I assumed the focus of this thread(STING) was the unfortunate state of blue hen bball. If any move is going to be made in coaching, now is when the highest chance of landing an experienced guy occurs. Will we cut our losses or remain static? If we want to become a viable basketball school, now is the time. I sadly expect no pink slips while other schools are reloading for success.

edit-just checked the rankings- I averaged Ken Pom & NCAA for men- UD- #168
" " Massey & NCAA for women= UD- #220
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
dovetail
UD Class: 1966

Post by dovetail »

This will save Waterman's job. This is his third year and that's all his predecessors got.
UD '01 grad

Post by UD '01 grad »

Hornets now 4.5-5.5-point underdogs.
Roger_Podacter
UD Class: 1995

Post by Roger_Podacter »

Go Del State!!!

Up by 4 with 11 minutes to go.
Roger_Podacter
UD Class: 1995

Post by Roger_Podacter »

Ahhhh crap. The Hornets couldn't hold on. Good run in the Tourney though. Maybe they can build on it for next season.
UD '01 grad

Post by UD '01 grad »

Didn't see every minute but seemed like refs let them play until they didn't. Good run for DSU.
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Stan Waterman is a good guy and Coach. Was pulling for them
hoopster
UD Class: 1993

Post by hoopster »

Well, you can keep pulling for them as the Hornets are heading to the CBI tournament. Great news for Coach Waterman and Del State.
GO BIG BLUE!
dchen
UD Class: 1972

Post by dchen »

UD '01 grad wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:18 am Delaware State in MEAC title game today at 1 p.m. (ESPN2).

Advanced by defeating S.C. State and N.C. Central, who Hornets went 0-4 against in regular season.

Play Howard, who knocked off top-seed Norfolk State yesterday. Hornets also lost to Bison twice in regular season, including by 19 points on March 4.

Hornets a 2.5-/3-point underdog.

https://www.oddstrader.com/ncaa-college ... ket-detail
From the Washington Post about Howard and Coach Blakeney:

“That said, the Bison’s presence in the tournament for a second straight year is a tribute to Coach Kenny Blakeney and his players, who upset top-seeded Norfolk State in the MEAC tournament semifinals and then held on against Delaware State in the final. Howard had one winning season in 29 years before Blakeney arrived. It has now had three straight”
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

HENJOHN wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:20 pm Stan Waterman is a good guy and Coach. Was pulling for them
Was cheering for them the whole way!!! Great effort

If they won, the wrong kind of attention??? Don't get that statement.

Wish them the best in the CBI!!!!
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted:
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

you bet and ST. BR. as well. The league was piss poor. I caught the last quarter of the final which saw Drexel hold on for the autobid in an exciting finish. I considered posting my immediate thought that Drexel as the CAA representative would receive a 16 seed bid as opposed to ST. BR. who would have received a 13-14. I'd bet(apparently your forte) that you haven't viewed more than a few minutes of the women's games this season after your previous comments about womens bball.

For their surprise win, Drexel was awarded Texas :lol: :lol: bummer- that will be a 30-40 pt blowout.

and by the way, I don't actually use Kush though you seem obsessed with that weed!

BTW- hats off to Drexel- if only we'd recruit a bit more fundamentally skilled players we'd walk(poor choice of words) away with the title and ncaa invitation. Following up on that thought- if we were seriously desiring to be even a minimum player in the #100 ranking, we'd cut our losses today. I'm absolutely positive we could sign an experienced coach in short order since we have the facilities both athletic and academic for success over the next few years-in CAA and CUSA.

BTW- I'm not surprised that no one who does comment(just a select few) on our women's team is willing to go along with my assertion that we need an immediate change. Sticking with SJ will only be postponing the inevitable. Isn't that, as some post here, the definition of "insanity"? Come on- go out on a limb and demand CR do the right thing for UD's search for excellence. I sincerely dislike having to be the black sheep, but change won't happen without the courage to speak out. and yes, the UD powers that we do read or hear about our thoughts on UD sports.

Oh- BTW- SDSU saw both their men and women in the Big Dances- good PR for them SOP!

EDIT- this belongs in the thread on women's bball- sorry- my bad
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

No tech expert here, but COPY, PASTE and DELETE can work wonders in fixing up a misplaced post.
#JUST WIN
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

Info Hound wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:55 am No tech expert here, but COPY, PASTE and DELETE can work wonders in fixing up a misplaced post.
:lol:

Dang, forgot to add your name to the list of possible press pass guys.

But, I know an Edit function when I see one. :D
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

Info Hound wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:55 am No tech expert here, but COPY, PASTE and DELETE can work wonders in fixing up a misplaced post.
:lol: :lol: :lol: