JMU

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

JMU

Post by Hengrad07 »

For the WIN. Congrats
#JustWinBaby
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Re: JMU

Post by tenn hen »

watching bball the last 2 days has been- well- a ball :wink: I anticipate the excitement of the big Dance every year. Yale's win and Oakland's were awesome. As I watched JMU, I could only imagine that UD was the there-not our former nemesis JMU :(
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
hoopster
UD Class: 1993

Post by hoopster »

Hard to believe this team finished last not too long ago in the CAA as is now beating teams like Michigan St. and Wisconsin. What a difference in this team since they fired their previous coach. Can’t imagine he will remain at JMU much longer.
GO BIG BLUE!
mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell »

Crushed by Duke 93-55.
bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk »

And JMU’s head coach left this morning for the Vanderbilt job.
UD to FBS. I never thought I’d see the day
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

bluehenbillk wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:59 pm And JMU’s head coach left this morning for the Vanderbilt job.
Well, JMU has positioned itself to be an attractive place for young coaches, so I am sure they will have a lot of worthy candidates to fill that’s position. They have a good shot at getting a solid young coach looking to make his mark for a few years before moving up to the big time schools.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill »

Cluck U wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:19 pm
bluehenbillk wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:59 pm And JMU’s head coach left this morning for the Vanderbilt job.
Well, JMU has positioned itself to be an attractive place for young coaches, so I am sure they will have a lot of worthy candidates to fill that’s position. They have a good shot at getting a solid young coach looking to make his mark for a few years before moving up to the big time schools.
Regardless of how strong any athletic program and/or team is, coach hiring mistakes do happen.
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

BlueHenBill wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:27 am
Cluck U wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:19 pm
Regardless of how strong any athletic program and/or team is, coach hiring mistakes do happen.
Sure. Anyone can make a mistake. But, look at their track record. Interested coaches certainly will. JMU has purposely positioned themselves to be an attractive place for coaches to coach and players to play. Money...goals...ambition, support from the Administration, fans, the whole shibbang. They calculated their move long ago, and then put things (and continue to do so) into place to succeed.

It will take us years to get that type of reputation...if our Admin has the balls to do so.

Hope we get there. We have a gem of a campus, a great location and solid facilities (that will hopefully get better). Commit and execute.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

ESPN has a coaching changes for 2024-25. It's essentially a portal page for coaches(in and out). Man, it's obvious lots of schools want to upgrade and some very quickly. MUSICAL COACHES :lol: no moves here at UD hoops it appears??
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

A lot of very good, forward-thinking decisions have happened over the last half-year with UD sports. Keeping Ingelsby on after eight years of mostly mediocre results is not a decision I'd place in that category. The inability or unwillingness to upgrade the MBB coaching position now in preparation for the move to CUSA is not a good sign.
bluehens2005
UD Class: 2005

Post by bluehens2005 »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:34 am A lot of very good, forward-thinking decisions have happened over the last half-year with UD sports. Keeping Ingelsby on after eight years of mostly mediocre results is not a decision I'd place in that category. The inability or unwillingness to upgrade the MBB coaching position now in preparation for the move to CUSA is not a good sign.
And apparently the university is scraping by short on cash sure, we’re putting a lot of money in just in to moving up Buying out coaches right now I don’t think it’s in their MO and unfortunately it might bite us in the butt. If we go into CUSA mediocre or below Unfortunately, I think it’s gonna be a tough transition for us. Yep, we’ll get TV money but it’s not gonna draw a lot of other interest.
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

bluehens2005 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:22 pmAnd apparently the university is scraping by short on cash sure, we’re putting a lot of money in just in to moving up.
"Apparently" being the operative word. The University of Delaware is anything but short on cash; it's ONLY a matter of priorities. If MBB success with the CUSA move is not a priority, then so be it; however, the decision to fire Martin and hire a new coach is NOT because UD doesn't have the money to spend. They simply prefer to spend their wealth on other investments that they deem more significant than Blue Hen men's hoops.