In Memoriam: David Roselle

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Re: In Memoriam: David Roselle

Post by Cluck U »

Mama Cluck told me to always find something good to say about a person. So, here goes…

Harker actually came to speak at a Huddle meeting only about a week after he was hired.

He let us know he was a football fan. (cough, cough)

The fun part was that several faculty folks were truly upset that Harker would meet with a bunch of Neanderthal football fans before he met with the elites. <——— That alone, is worth one positive bonus point for Harker. :lol:

But, it was definitely downhill from there.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan »

Remembered this this weekend, one of the fond memories of Roselle was at the 2023 Spring Game and him chatting up soon to transfer (or already had) Shawn Johnson down on the field while watching that spring game. Good salesmanship by the University President.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Baltimore Hen

Post by Baltimore Hen »

Gannonfan wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:39 am Remembered this this weekend, one of the fond memories of Roselle was at the 2023 Spring Game and him chatting up soon to transfer (or already had) Shawn Johnson down on the field while watching that spring game. Good salesmanship by the University President.
i often saw a lot of vitriol to him on here, but knowing him personally through many events at his house, the pregame tailgates, and alumni functions, he was a great champion of athletics and football in particular. And man could that dude raise money! I don't know how many university executives have a building named after them on TWO college campuses....
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

UD was fortunate to have David Roselle lead them for as long as he did. I don't think I've ever met a person who was so outwardly reserved but privately congenial and genuine. That was his way.

He advanced the university in so many ways and, with athletics, did many of the things needed to maintain a reasonable level of competitiveness in the lower level of D-I. Maybe because of his earlier experiences at UK, he wasn't ever going to be the guy to elevate athletics to a higher level. It wasn't his priority, but that's OK. He deserves to be remembered fondly.
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

By the way, Death Trap was a lot of fun.

5 plays planned for next year. They usually release the schedule in May.

There is a reason the Roselle Center was put in across from the President’s house. That building, and everything in it, is a great memory to a UD leader that treated anyone associated with UD with respect and dignity.
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Baltimore Hen wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:06 am
Gannonfan wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:39 am Remembered this this weekend, one of the fond memories of Roselle was at the 2023 Spring Game and him chatting up soon to transfer (or already had) Shawn Johnson down on the field while watching that spring game. Good salesmanship by the University President.
i often saw a lot of vitriol to him on here, but knowing him personally through many events at his house, the pregame tailgates, and alumni functions, he was a great champion of athletics and football in particular. And man could that dude raise money! I don't know how many university executives have a building named after them on TWO college campuses....
I noticed that too but knew nothing about him really

Reading this thread has convinced me that President Roselle was one classy guy and UD was lucky to have him

RIP good sir
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

Cluck U wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:11 am By the way, Death Trap was a lot of fun.

There is a reason the Roselle Center was put in across from the President’s house. That building, and everything in it, is a great memory to a UD leader that treated anyone associated with UD with respect and dignity.
Seeing it tomorrow night, thanks. Good to hear that a full schedule will be back. Just a great asset to the campus and people in the area.
#JUST WIN
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Info Hound wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:11 am
Cluck U wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:11 am By the way, Death Trap was a lot of fun.

Seeing it tomorrow night, thanks. Good to hear that a full schedule will be back. Just a great asset to the campus and people in the area.
Nice!

Bring your REP cup and fill up before the play. There is an intermission, but the line for the snacks/drinks was long.