UD Budget

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Re: UD Budget

Post by Hengrad07 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:32 am

UDJoe wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:35 am
Hengrad07 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:03 am
Laying off 120 employees with a projected “loss of 250M”, is no where near enough! 🙄
1,100 part-timers were laid-off in the spring. And, no, they were not all student workers. In all cases, that represents a loss of income to folks who had counted on it being there.

So you’re ok with the UD prez only taking a 5% paycut from 1.25M and DR off of 525,000?

There should have been furloughs into the spring & summer. With the $600 a week federal bump, many would have been making more collecting unemployment comp! 😱
#ProtectTheFlock

chapelstwasted
UD Class: 1987

Post by chapelstwasted » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:02 pm

Hengrad07 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:03 am
Laying off 120 employees with a projected “loss of 250M”, is no where near enough! 🙄
Laid off the maintenance staff because most of the buildings are shuttered. There must be huge savings in utility expenses. Since the electricity is provided by a municipal utility, we will find out how much.

77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:20 pm

Let me know when some Social Studies profs and bureaucrats from some of the silly university offices get laid off. The profs have a union?

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:02 pm

77HEN wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:20 pm
Let me know when some Social Studies profs and bureaucrats from some of the silly university offices get laid off. The profs have a union?
I hear classes like Dictators and Authoritarian Governments, Decline of Democracy, How Hitler Came to Power, and the History of White Supremacy in the US (With recent updates) have become very popular lately. And speaking of people getting fired .......

But yeah, let’s kick people when they are down. Typical.

77HEN

Post by 77HEN » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:37 pm

Can someone help me with a technical question? I want to be able to get PMs but I don't want to be harrassed by any one poster on this board. I don't open them but eventually delete. Maybe he/her thinks I read them if they no longer show in its inbox. I know the "foe" feature but it doesn't weed out PMs. Any recommendations? Is my only option to shut all PMs down because of one? Feel free to PM if you have any suggestions. :D

bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:05 pm

77HEN wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:37 pm
Can someone help me with a technical question? I want to be able to get PMs but I don't want to be harrassed by any one poster on this board. I don't open them but eventually delete. Maybe he/her thinks I read them if they no longer show in its inbox. I know the "foe" feature but it doesn't weed out PMs. Any recommendations? Is my only option to shut all PMs down because of one? Feel free to PM if you have any suggestions. :D
Check your PM's I sent you the info you're looking for 77.
Delaware Football - hoping the good times are back

77HEN

Post by 77HEN » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:15 pm

bluehenbillk wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:05 pm
77HEN wrote:
Thanks got it. Rule to auto delete. I guess that's the best option available. Prefer to never have anything hit my box from........... But, c'est la vie.

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:21 pm

77HEN wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:15 pm
bluehenbillk wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:05 pm
77HEN wrote:
Thanks got it. Rule to auto delete. I guess that's the best option available. Prefer to never have anything hit my box from........... But, c'est la vie.
Do they speak French in Idaho? LOL

Coach Hannah
UD Class: 2015

Post by Coach Hannah » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:28 pm

Diana Woodring in the Athletics Development office was one of the people let go. She got a lot done in that office and had a lot of institutional knowledge that is hard to replace when people are coming and going every few years.

Did Barbara Fleming get let go, too, or did she retire on her own?

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:40 pm

Coach Hannah wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:28 pm
Diana Woodring in the Athletics Development office was one of the people let go. She got a lot done in that office and had a lot of institutional knowledge that is hard to replace when people are coming and going every few years.

Retired

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:06 am

Coach Hannah wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:28 pm

Barbara announced her last April retirement in 2019.

Good to see you posting Coach Hannah.