The Inevitable KC Thread

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Re: The Inevitable KC Thread

Post by Hengrad07 » Wed May 05, 2021 8:36 am

jl1968 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:11 pm
Cluck U wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:07 pm
BlueHenBill wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:46 pm
Keeler brings in more transfers every year than UD ever did in 5 years. Plus, a significant number of the transfers to SHSU probably would not be able to get into and stay at UD.
Got any proof of that...or are you simply making things up?
Be careful Cluck thinks the sun rises and sets on the mighty KC!
JC & CC players shouldn't really count as "transfers" - They used up their 2 years of eligibility & they have to go somewhere! !
#ProtectTheFlock

Super Chicken
UD Class: 1900

Post by Super Chicken » Wed May 05, 2021 8:51 am

I intentionally have avoided opening this thread until today for fear of it ruining my BLUE HEN high. However, I have found that the posters have agreed to disagree in a mostly gentlemanly manner. Well done so far boys! GO BLUE HENS!!!!!!!!!!!

Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U » Wed May 05, 2021 8:55 am

jd of de wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:25 am
Be it football or men’s basketball, under the current NCAA rules, kids are going to transfer. Creating a positive environment and culture can keep some kids from moving on but in the end some will leave.

The fact that we have had a lot less (in football) than other places means more things are right than wrong. Kids know they can get to the NFL from UD, which helps.

But we will lose kids occasionally. It’s a fact of NCAA life until there are different rules and the trend seems to be to loosen, not tighten the rules.
Excellent goal posts.

By your own measure, KC Keeler had a lot more things going right than wrong. Still fun (and telling) to see how the vast majority of his previous players support him (versus some small number of silly, narrow minded fans).

And Tubby, who also had players come in and players leave (in a different time, with a lot more shenanigans not being reported in the media), also had more things going right than wrong.

We are lucky to have had two great coaches leading our Hens. Glad you agree, by your own measure. As Super Chicken said, nice to see people being reasonable.

Maybe Rocco can become part of that legacy. Hoping to see our Hens in the championship game next weekend!

Go Hens!
Nice run, Hens! :D

Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 » Wed May 05, 2021 8:59 am

BlueHenBill wrote:
Keeler brings in more transfers every year than UD ever did in 5 years. Plus, a significant number of the transfers to SHSU probably would not be able to get into and stay at UD.
Keep drinking the KoolAid buddy!

Baylor;
Georgetown;
Harvard;
Lafayette;
Rutgers; and
Texas Tech are a sampling of where the "Non- JC & CC's" student athletes are transferring into SHSU!
#ProtectTheFlock

Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan » Wed May 05, 2021 9:18 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:57 pm
BlueHenBill wrote:

Yep, BHB...I bet the Georgetown TE Grad (#16) and the Harvard WR Grad (#89) that KC got to transfer to Sam Houston State University "PROBABLY" would never have had a chance to get into UD, right?

Last time I checked, those two Universities were generaly considered to be pretty good academic schools!

So look, how 'bout you stop making sh** up just to fit your agenda!

Hey, there are always going to be posters who negatively just make something up and throw it out there (as BHB did here knowing absolutely nothing about who those transfers were but falsely assuming that they could never qualify for UD), and then there are going to be posters, like HZ, who maliciously make up negative gossip (i.e. transfers were responsible for destroying the UD football program including many former players and now posters who post on this site) to fit some petty personal agenda. It's the nature of message boards, you don't need to be right, you just need to be loud enough. For shame. :?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

dovetail
UD Class: 1966

Post by dovetail » Wed May 05, 2021 9:42 am

Anybody remember that offensive coordinator that KC had that featured an "air raid" attack. I think he moved on to Mississippi state but I lost touch after that when MSU had yet another coaching change.

Baltimore Hen

Post by Baltimore Hen » Wed May 05, 2021 9:49 am

dovetail wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:42 am
Anybody remember that offensive coordinator that KC had that featured an "air raid" attack. I think he moved on to Mississippi state but I lost touch after that when MSU had yet another coaching change.
Phil Longo. At NC with Mack Brown...
In ROCCO I Have Great Concern!

mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell » Wed May 05, 2021 10:37 am

Gannonfan wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:18 am
Bandwagon wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:57 pm
BlueHenBill wrote:

Yep, BHB...I bet the Georgetown TE Grad (#16) and the Harvard WR Grad (#89) that KC got to transfer to Sam Houston State University "PROBABLY" would never have had a chance to get into UD, right?

Last time I checked, those two Universities were generaly considered to be pretty good academic schools!

So look, how 'bout you stop making sh** up just to fit your agenda!

Hey, there are always going to be posters who negatively just make something up and throw it out there (as BHB did here knowing absolutely nothing about who those transfers were but falsely assuming that they could never qualify for UD), and then there are going to be posters, like HZ, who maliciously make up negative gossip (i.e. transfers were responsible for destroying the UD football program including many former players and now posters who post on this site) to fit some petty personal agenda. It's the nature of message boards, you don't need to be right, you just need to be loud enough. For shame. :?
“...you don’t need to be right, you just need to be loud enough. For shame.”

Perhaps we should ALL look inward and heed GF’s commentary.

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1980

Post by HENJOHN » Wed May 05, 2021 10:49 am

dovetail wrote:
You are thinking of Phil Longo who is currently the OC at North Carolina for Mack Brown.
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

Bandwagon

Post by Bandwagon » Wed May 05, 2021 1:32 pm

HENJOHN wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:49 am
dovetail wrote:
You are thinking of Phil Longo who is currently the OC at North Carolina for Mack Brown.

Phil not only coached with KC, he also played and graduated from Rowan University when KC was the offensive coordinator for then
Head Coach John Bunting!

He's another example of a former player of KC‘s that’s benefited from his tutelage!

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1980

Post by HENJOHN » Wed May 05, 2021 1:34 pm

He's an excellent coach and has proven this during this ascent in the profession. I think he may have been HC at Lasalle as well.
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

Bandwagon

Post by Bandwagon » Wed May 05, 2021 1:46 pm

HENJOHN wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 1:34 pm
He's an excellent coach and has proven this during this ascent in the profession. I think he may have been HC at Lasalle as well.

You are correct HJ -
Phil was the Head Coach at LaSalle in 2004 and 2005, two years later they terminated the program...he has been a poster boy for the nomadic life of a Football coach working their way up the ladder!

Cluck U

Post by Cluck U » Wed May 05, 2021 1:59 pm

David Baylor, one of KC Keeler's hires, turned 60 in the past year...awesome daughter (except that she attended, and roots for, JMU :wink: ).

Had some good stories about KC. Just another, "insider" that has nothing but positive things to say about Keeler and his time here at UD.

Gotta' love the history of our Blue Hen football teams. We are lucky to have been able to cheer for some quality leaders and players! :D
Nice run, Hens! :D

RalphD58
UD Class: 1998

Post by RalphD58 » Wed May 05, 2021 3:46 pm

dovetail wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:06 pm
I hope Noah Plack stays around.
https://twitter.com/ntpt223/status/1388 ... 22882?s=20

Sounds like he really loves playing for UD. Let's hope it stays that way!

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Wed May 05, 2021 7:29 pm

Cluck U wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:07 pm
BlueHenBill wrote:
Got any proof of that...or are you simply making things up?
Count the number of transfers on each year's SHSU roster since Keeler has been there and do the same for any contiguous 5 year period of UD FB. No, I cannot prove that "a significant number of the transfers to SHSU PROBABLY would not be able to get into and stay at UD." I believe that UD's admission and academic retention requirements for all students including athletes PROBABLY exceed SHSU's by a considerable margin. Don't you believe that UD is superior to SHSU academically? As for the transfers to SHSU, check out the colleges and HS's from whence they came and compare to the UD roster. When Keeler was at Glassboro, transfers were the lifeblood of that program and Keeler reportedly could get any transfer he wanted into Glassboro where they would remain eligible. The same is PROBABLY true at SHSU, but at the FCS level rather than at Glassboro's Div III level. I believe that a significant reason why Keeler didn't enjoy the sustained success at UD that he did at Glassboro and now at SHSU, was/is that UD frowns on wholesale transfers and has higher admission and retention requirements for all students, including athletes than Glassboro and SHSU.