The Inevitable KC Thread

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
dovetail
Posts: 5739
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:03 am
UD Class: 1966
Location: Chadds Ford, PA

Re: The Inevitable KC Thread

Post by dovetail » Sat May 08, 2021 6:10 pm

bct2000 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:06 pm
UD '01 grad wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:06 pm
Transfers at UD through the years: Flacco, Hall, Lee, S. Johnson, Knight, Devlin, T. Reeder, etc., etc., etc.

Have never understood the stigma against transfers. We'd have a lot less good memories without those names above and plenty of others I'm forgetting.
+1 This never made sense to me. If transfers can help your program, why not bring them in?
I think that's a huge reason why the phone never rang from a P-5 program. They want people who can recruit players, not someone else's

User avatar
The January Man
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:15 am
UD Class: 1996

Re: The Inevitable KC Thread

Post by The January Man » Sat May 08, 2021 6:14 pm

Where is Bandwagon?

I think I know. But I won't tell. :wink:

Hengrad07
Posts: 849
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:10 pm
UD Class: 2007
Location: Philly

Re: The Inevitable KC Thread

Post by Hengrad07 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:16 pm

dovetail wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:10 pm
bct2000 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:06 pm
UD '01 grad wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:06 pm
Transfers at UD through the years: Flacco, Hall, Lee, S. Johnson, Knight, Devlin, T. Reeder, etc., etc., etc.

Have never understood the stigma against transfers. We'd have a lot less good memories without those names above and plenty of others I'm forgetting.
+1 This never made sense to me. If transfers can help your program, why not bring them in?
I think that's a huge reason why the phone never rang from a P-5 program. They want people who can recruit players, not someone else's
Now P5 programs are adopting Keeler’s model!😎
#ProtectTheFlock

User avatar
bct2000
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:27 pm
UD Class: 1990
Location: Newark, DE

Re: The Inevitable KC Thread

Post by bct2000 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:17 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:42 pm
BlueHenBill wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:29 pm
Cluck U wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:07 pm


Got any proof of that...or are you simply making things up?
Count the number of transfers on each year's SHSU roster since Keeler has been there and do the same for any contiguous 5 year period of UD FB. No, I cannot prove that "a significant number of the transfers to SHSU PROBABLY would not be able to get into and stay at UD." I believe that UD's admission and academic retention requirements for all students including athletes PROBABLY exceed SHSU's by a considerable margin. Don't you believe that UD is superior to SHSU academically? As for the transfers to SHSU, check out the colleges and HS's from whence they came and compare to the UD roster. When Keeler was at Glassboro, transfers were the lifeblood of that program and Keeler reportedly could get any transfer he wanted into Glassboro where they would remain eligible. The same is PROBABLY true at SHSU, but at the FCS level rather than at Glassboro's Div III level. I believe that a significant reason why Keeler didn't enjoy the sustained success at UD that he did at Glassboro and now at SHSU, was/is that UD frowns on wholesale transfers and has higher admission and retention requirements for all students, including athletes than Glassboro and SHSU.

Well here's what I believe...your statements throughout this post revel yourself to be an elitist snob!

Throughout your rambling speculation of transfers and what did or did not happen at Rowan and Sam Houston State and why or why not transfers are an important part of a program, you left out a few factors that would seem to contradict your skepticism of the Keeler transfer players!

• 241 wins
• 38th All Time Winningest Football Coach…just passed Bo Schembechler and Woody Hayes
• 14th Final Four’s in 27 years
• Has won every National Coach of the Year award
• Has never gone more than 2 years without his team going to the NCAA playoffs
Every player that has ever played for him for 4 years has been to a Final Four
• Only College Coach to take 3 different programs to the Final Four
• ESPN Blue Ribbon panel selected Keeler as one of the 150 Greatest Coaches in College Football history

But I heard it took some transfers to accomplish all of the above!

Really??? You need to get a life!
Very few coaches at ANY LEVEL have this accomplishment.."Every player that has ever played for him for 4 years has been to a Final Four". That speaks to KC's ability to build a program.

User avatar
bct2000
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:27 pm
UD Class: 1990
Location: Newark, DE

Re: The Inevitable KC Thread

Post by bct2000 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:22 pm

Hengrad07 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:16 pm
dovetail wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:10 pm
bct2000 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:06 pm


+1 This never made sense to me. If transfers can help your program, why not bring them in?
I think that's a huge reason why the phone never rang from a P-5 program. They want people who can recruit players, not someone else's
Now P5 programs are adopting Keeler’s model!😎
A good example..Justin Fields transferring from Georgia to Ohio State. I'm sure the OSU fans are not looking down on that, he got them to a NC game and had a great 3 years at OSU.

User avatar
Gohens
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:03 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Hockessin, Delaware

Re: The Inevitable KC Thread

Post by Gohens » Sat May 08, 2021 6:36 pm

Miss me yet? Dr. Keeler here. Congrats on making it to the semis. I would like all my Blue Hens fans to root for Sammy next week. I promise our team will give The Bunnies a big case of whoopazz for ya😍
"Bring it on!"

Onceahenalwaysahen
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:53 am
UD Class: 2002

Re: The Inevitable KC Thread

Post by Onceahenalwaysahen » Sat May 08, 2021 6:49 pm

Go KC!!

Most FCS playoff wins ever!!! Rocco and the hens are home.

Go cats .. was gonna root for them next week no matter what. Jut sucks the hens went out like that

Onceahenalwaysahen
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:53 am
UD Class: 2002

Re: The Inevitable KC Thread

Post by Onceahenalwaysahen » Sat May 08, 2021 6:50 pm

Gohens wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:36 pm
Miss me yet? Dr. Keeler here. Congrats on making it to the semis. I would like all my Blue Hens fans to root for Sammy next week. I promise our team will give The Bunnies a big case of whoopazz for ya😍
Great POST

Go KC

Udforever1
Posts: 761
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:21 pm
UD Class: 1900

Re: The Inevitable KC Thread

Post by Udforever1 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:51 pm

Onceahenalwaysahen wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:49 pm
Go KC!!

Most FCS playoff wins ever!!! Rocco and the hens are home.

Go cats .. was gonna root for them next week no matter what. Jut sucks the hens went out like that
You’re a Hens fan and were going to root for Sammy if UD was playing them?

User avatar
Cluck U
Posts: 5699
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:44 pm
UD Class: 0
Location: Blue Hen Country!

Re: The Inevitable KC Thread

Post by Cluck U » Sat May 08, 2021 11:03 pm

Udforever1 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:51 pm
Onceahenalwaysahen wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:49 pm
Go KC!!

Most FCS playoff wins ever!!! Rocco and the hens are home.

Go cats .. was gonna root for them next week no matter what. Jut sucks the hens went out like that
You’re a Hens fan and were going to root for Sammy if UD was playing them?
Well, to be fair, some people were rooting against KC when he was here, yet they don't seem to be called out.

(You folks know who you are)

I'm a Hens fan who was rooting for KC Keeler's Sam Houston team and the Hens. Not going to apologize to anyone...no need to.

That would have been fun...and a testament of sorts for both Keeler and the Hens.

However, I'm a Hens fan first.

But, Rocco didn't get the Hens to the chipper.

So yeah...one of the greatest of our Hen family is in the championship game next weekend. Every Hen fan, except the ones who rooted against a Hen, should be pulling for our future Hall of Fame coach.

Go KC Keeler! A Hen who still bleeds Blue and Gold!

Once a Hen, always a Hen. :D
Nice run, Hens! :D

rooneyguy
Posts: 1007
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:30 am
UD Class: 1988

Re: The Inevitable KC Thread

Post by rooneyguy » Sun May 09, 2021 9:57 am

Keeler does, indeed, have an impressive record at the FCS level. Why has he never gotten an offer to move up to a higher level where winning is so important that minor character flaws (and sometimes even major ones) are brushed aside in hiring head coaches? One would think he would be a prime candidate for such a move. Is SHSU the peak for him?

User avatar
Cluck U
Posts: 5699
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:44 pm
UD Class: 0
Location: Blue Hen Country!

Re: The Inevitable KC Thread

Post by Cluck U » Sun May 09, 2021 10:54 am

rooneyguy wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 9:57 am
Keeler does, indeed, have an impressive record at the FCS level. Why has he never gotten an offer to move up to a higher level where winning is so important that minor character flaws (and sometimes even major ones) are brushed aside in hiring head coaches? One would think he would be a prime candidate for such a move. Is SHSU the peak for him?
KC addressss your questions a bit in the post game interview. The link is in the other thread.

Oh...KC has gotten offers to move up. Some people take any offer just to use it as a stepping stone...others don't. Tubby stayed at UD.
Nice run, Hens! :D

Bandwagon
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: The Inevitable KC Thread

Post by Bandwagon » Mon May 10, 2021 6:53 pm

dovetail wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:10 pm
bct2000 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:06 pm
UD '01 grad wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:06 pm
Transfers at UD through the years: Flacco, Hall, Lee, S. Johnson, Knight, Devlin, T. Reeder, etc., etc., etc.

Have never understood the stigma against transfers. We'd have a lot less good memories without those names above and plenty of others I'm forgetting.
+1 This never made sense to me. If transfers can help your program, why not bring them in?
I think that's a huge reason why the phone never rang from a P-5 program. They want people who can recruit players, not someone else's

Well dovetail...I guess you haven’t heard of the NCAA Transfer Portal as of yet?

I suggest you might want to educate yourself as to what is currently trending in the world of Division-I athletics!
Transferring has not only become commonplace in the Power 5 conferences, it’s now a necessary part of every schools recruiting plans…that is, if they want to keep up with their competition!

KC has been aware of this since he’s been a Head Coach going all the way back to his Rowan days!

The only condemnation of his recruitment of transfer student-athletes came from the nit-wit haters on these Go Hens message boards that thought this was a good reason to criticize a coach that they harbored resentment toward, for some unknown personal agenda!

These individuals never understood that for whatever reason, a transfer student-athlete is simply a person that has decided to implement their plan B, when circumstances prevented the fulfillment of their Plan A goals!

Bandwagon
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: The Inevitable KC Thread

Post by Bandwagon » Mon May 10, 2021 6:58 pm

The January Man wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:14 pm
Where is Bandwagon?

I think I know. But I won't tell. :wink:

January Man...

Not quite sure where you envision me to be but I can assure you...I'm right here in the good 'ole Tri-State area known as the
Delaware Valley!



Bandwagon
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: The Inevitable KC Thread

Post by Bandwagon » Mon May 10, 2021 7:16 pm

Cluck U wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 11:03 pm
Udforever1 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:51 pm
Onceahenalwaysahen wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:49 pm
Go KC!!

Most FCS playoff wins ever!!! Rocco and the hens are home.

Go cats .. was gonna root for them next week no matter what. Jut sucks the hens went out like that
You’re a Hens fan and were going to root for Sammy if UD was playing them?
Well, to be fair, some people were rooting against KC when he was here, yet they don't seem to be called out.

(You folks know who you are)

I'm a Hens fan who was rooting for KC Keeler's Sam Houston team and the Hens. Not going to apologize to anyone...no need to.

That would have been fun...and a testament of sorts for both Keeler and the Hens.

However, I'm a Hens fan first.

But, Rocco didn't get the Hens to the chipper.

So yeah...one of the greatest of our Hen family is in the championship game next weekend. Every Hen fan, except the ones who rooted against a Hen, should be pulling for our future Hall of Fame coach.

Go KC Keeler! A Hen who still bleeds Blue and Gold!

Once a Hen, always a Hen. :D

Agree 100% with you Cluck!

Post Reply