KC VS ROCCO

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
User avatar
UD77
Posts: 1126
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:17 pm
UD Class: 0
Location: Hockessin

Re: KC VS ROCCO

Post by UD77 » Sat May 08, 2021 7:17 pm

BlueHenBill wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:03 pm
Hensfansince03 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 5:41 pm
We will move on when we win our next NC. If we ever win one again. So more than likely never. If the coach we fired wins an NC somewhere else than its a fair question.

The questions should be who will be next to win an NC, KC or UD. I would say KC
CapeHen wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 5:37 pm
KC is gone and he ain’t coming back. So is Ziady. When will we move on?
KC won one in 2003 partly with Tubby's players. KC had 9 more years to win another at UD and not only didn't he do that, he only made the playoffs in 3 of those 9 seasons. KC may win one or more at SHSU, but doesn't mean he would have done so at UD.
Bill, your quote came from a coach that could not win a championship with his own players. Jealous of a guy that could two years after his retirement. Tubby's offense was wing T type players, KC either did a great job of coaching them up or he brought in ones that could play the new offense. Good luck to KC in his fifth trip to the finals.

User avatar
HENJOHN
Posts: 9790
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:24 pm
UD Class: 1980
Location: Bear & Ocean View, Delaware

Re: KC VS ROCCO

Post by HENJOHN » Sat May 08, 2021 7:19 pm

This Thread is total BS and ridiculous. We had a very good HC who has moved on and done well and we have a good HC now who's turning things around here after a great Spring season.. I'm excited for the Fall after what we showed this Spring. We lost to a better football team today. Wish KC well and we have something to build on for this Fall.
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

User avatar
UD77
Posts: 1126
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:17 pm
UD Class: 0
Location: Hockessin

Re: KC VS ROCCO

Post by UD77 » Sat May 08, 2021 7:23 pm

Also, KC had and has nothing but the Highest regards for Tubby. I believe it was the same with Tubby toward KC, as Tubby hung around the club house a lot. With Tubby's wit I would not have been surprised that his comment was tung in cheek and he really meant that KC did a great job coaching the kids that Tubby had left him.

Udforever1
Posts: 761
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:21 pm
UD Class: 1900

Re: KC VS ROCCO

Post by Udforever1 » Sat May 08, 2021 7:27 pm

HENJOHN wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 7:19 pm
This Thread is total BS and ridiculous. We had a very good HC who has moved on and done well and we have a good HC now who's turning things around here after a great Spring season.. I'm excited for the Fall after what we showed this Spring. We lost to a better football team today. Wish KC well and we have something to build on for this Fall.
+1 HJ.

User avatar
bluehenbillk
Posts: 11580
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:52 am
UD Class: 1991
Location: Poipu Beach, HI/spots in PA

Re: KC VS ROCCO

Post by bluehenbillk » Sat May 08, 2021 7:39 pm

UD77 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 7:23 pm
Also, KC had and has nothing but the Highest regards for Tubby. I believe it was the same with Tubby toward KC, as Tubby hung around the club house a lot. With Tubby's wit I would not have been surprised that his comment was tung in cheek and he really meant that KC did a great job coaching the kids that Tubby had left him.
Agreed
Delaware Football - hoping the good times are back

Maddog@76
Posts: 783
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:12 pm
UD Class: 1976
Location: Newark, DE

Re: KC VS ROCCO

Post by Maddog@76 » Sat May 08, 2021 8:09 pm

Udforever1 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 7:27 pm
HENJOHN wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 7:19 pm
This Thread is total BS and ridiculous. We had a very good HC who has moved on and done well and we have a good HC now who's turning things around here after a great Spring season.. I'm excited for the Fall after what we showed this Spring. We lost to a better football team today. Wish KC well and we have something to build on for this Fall.
+1 HJ.
Well said John. Agree 100%. Thanks for a good spring Hens!
Reload and Git’er Done! Wayne Hanby

Hengrad07
Posts: 849
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:10 pm
UD Class: 2007
Location: Philly

Re: KC VS ROCCO

Post by Hengrad07 » Sat May 08, 2021 11:01 pm

BlueHenBill wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:03 pm
Hensfansince03 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 5:41 pm
We will move on when we win our next NC. If we ever win one again. So more than likely never. If the coach we fired wins an NC somewhere else than its a fair question.

The questions should be who will be next to win an NC, KC or UD. I would say KC
CapeHen wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 5:37 pm
KC is gone and he ain’t coming back. So is Ziady. When will we move on?
KC won one in 2003 partly with Tubby's players. KC had 9 more years to win another at UD and not only didn't he do that, he only made the playoffs in 3 of those 9 seasons. KC may win one or more at SHSU, but doesn't mean he would have done so at UD.
You think a graduate of Howard University (#12) could have gotten into UD??? 🤣
#ProtectTheFlock

User avatar
Gannonfan
Posts: 9531
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:25 am
UD Class: 1995
Location: Harleysville, PA

Re: KC VS ROCCO

Post by Gannonfan » Mon May 10, 2021 12:24 pm

Hengrad07 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 11:01 pm
BlueHenBill wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:03 pm
Hensfansince03 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 5:41 pm
We will move on when we win our next NC. If we ever win one again. So more than likely never. If the coach we fired wins an NC somewhere else than its a fair question.

The questions should be who will be next to win an NC, KC or UD. I would say KC

KC won one in 2003 partly with Tubby's players. KC had 9 more years to win another at UD and not only didn't he do that, he only made the playoffs in 3 of those 9 seasons. KC may win one or more at SHSU, but doesn't mean he would have done so at UD.
You think a graduate of Howard University (#12) could have gotten into UD??? 🤣
?? Howard's a pretty good school.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
Info Hound
Posts: 1811
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:16 am
Location: Tri-State Mystery Area

Re: KC VS ROCCO

Post by Info Hound » Mon May 10, 2021 12:28 pm

nm
Last edited by Info Hound on Mon May 10, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cluck U
Posts: 5699
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:44 pm
UD Class: 0
Location: Blue Hen Country!

Re: KC VS ROCCO

Post by Cluck U » Mon May 10, 2021 1:27 pm

Gannonfan wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 12:24 pm
Hengrad07 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 11:01 pm
BlueHenBill wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:03 pm


KC won one in 2003 partly with Tubby's players. KC had 9 more years to win another at UD and not only didn't he do that, he only made the playoffs in 3 of those 9 seasons. KC may win one or more at SHSU, but doesn't mean he would have done so at UD.
You think a graduate of Howard University (#12) could have gotten into UD??? 🤣
?? Howard's a pretty good school.
I think that was his point. I believe (in another thread) that Hengrad07 listed other schools from which other KC players transferred...all good ones...to counter BHB denigrating KC's transfers as not being able to make it into UD.

KC brought in players from some excellent schools while he was here...and has continued to do so at Sam Houston.
Nice run, Hens! :D

User avatar
Info Hound
Posts: 1811
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:16 am
Location: Tri-State Mystery Area

Re: KC VS ROCCO

Post by Info Hound » Mon May 10, 2021 1:41 pm

Got it. It was facetious. I'll delete my post.

User avatar
Baltimore Hen
Posts: 8763
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:52 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Baltimore

Re: KC VS ROCCO

Post by Baltimore Hen » Mon May 10, 2021 3:21 pm

BlueHenBill wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:03 pm
Hensfansince03 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 5:41 pm
We will move on when we win our next NC. If we ever win one again. So more than likely never. If the coach we fired wins an NC somewhere else than its a fair question.

The questions should be who will be next to win an NC, KC or UD. I would say KC
CapeHen wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 5:37 pm
KC is gone and he ain’t coming back. So is Ziady. When will we move on?
KC won one in 2003 partly with Tubby's players. KC had 9 more years to win another at UD and not only didn't he do that, he only made the playoffs in 3 of those 9 seasons. KC may win one or more at SHSU, but doesn't mean he would have done so at UD.
All I will say is that since he was fired, KC Keeler has (i think) a 12-4 playoff record with a quarterfinal result, 3 semifinal results, and now a spot in Frisco....in the same time Delaware is 2-2 in the post season....transfers or not, he can coach.
In ROCCO I Have Great Concern!

UDFootballFan
Posts: 1083
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:53 am
UD Class: 1900

Re: KC VS ROCCO

Post by UDFootballFan » Mon May 10, 2021 5:02 pm

I would take KC payback in a heartbeat! His mediocrity is better then Rocco on good day.

No program should have a goal to be good enough to make the playoffs-their goal should be to win a NC.

Do I think KC got screwed? Yes but that’s the nature of the business when you are changing leadership (AD, President etc)

Post Reply