LETS GO KC and Sam Houston

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Baltimore Hen
UD Class: 0

Re: LETS GO KC and Sam Houston

Post by Baltimore Hen » Wed May 12, 2021 8:53 am

Gannonfan wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:09 pm
HenZoneNation wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 11:38 am
Dude won a NC as a player for UD and as a coach for UD and unlike other coaches at this level who use FCS schools as a landing stop before moving on, he would have been here for life. UD terminated the relationship (right after his brother or father...maybe both, had passed away) so why would anyone on here not root for the guy?

We shouldn't forget what happened if for no other reason than preventing similar mistakes in the past. Said when it happened, said it when they hired and then fired Brock, that was the single worst mistake in modern UD football history and it set us back a decade. There is no refuting that any longer. We now seem to be cooking with some gas and I can't wait for fall.
Yup, agreed, not a debate anymore that it was the wrong decision by UD and it did cost us a decade of competitive football that we're only now recovering from. Anyone arguing the opposite has run out of arguments and isn't being realistic. Hopefully we're back, hopefully this weird spring is real and we see the fruits of it this fall. Would be nice to play important football games again like we use to.
Cue holding Henzone's beer.....
In ROCCO I Have Great Concern!

mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell » Wed May 12, 2021 9:25 am

Baltimore Hen wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 8:53 am
Gannonfan wrote:
HenZoneNation wrote:
Dude won a NC as a player for UD and as a coach for UD and unlike other coaches at this level who use FCS schools as a landing stop before moving on, he would have been here for life. UD terminated the relationship (right after his brother or father...maybe both, had passed away) so why would anyone on here not root for the guy?

We shouldn't forget what happened if for no other reason than preventing similar mistakes in the past. Said when it happened, said it when they hired and then fired Brock, that was the single worst mistake in modern UD football history and it set us back a decade. There is no refuting that any longer. We now seem to be cooking with some gas and I can't wait for fall.
Yup, agreed, not a debate anymore that it was the wrong decision by UD and it did cost us a decade of competitive football that we're only now recovering from. Anyone arguing the opposite has run out of arguments and isn't being realistic. Hopefully we're back, hopefully this weird spring is real and we see the fruits of it this fall. Would be nice to play important football games again like we use to.
Or Khory Spruill’s. You still here?😂

Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan » Wed May 12, 2021 10:20 am

Baltimore Hen wrote:
Gannonfan wrote:
HenZoneNation wrote:

Nah, he just nips around the edges anymore on this topic. Even he's begrudgingly come to realize what a horrible decision that was a decade ago and hopefully he even regrets his small involvement in it. Given the reality of what we can see and what we now know it's impossible not to acknowledge that fact.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

Cluck U

Post by Cluck U » Wed May 12, 2021 10:33 am

jl1968 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 6:41 pm

I must be on the wrong board! If I go to SHSU board will I read about the Blue Hens?
Actually, yes. :lol:
Nice run, Hens! :D

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Wed May 12, 2021 6:32 pm

77HEN wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 11:30 am
Henzone wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:10 am
Hope you guys voted for alum Joe B for prez.
That's some kind of untimely and misplaced statement.
Once a Hen, always a Hen, right?

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Wed May 12, 2021 6:33 pm

jl1968 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 6:41 pm
Cluck U wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 8:02 am
jl1968 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:38 pm
You are on the wrong board!
Nah...if you listened to the NDSU coach, he said several times, "Once a Bison, Always a Bison."

THAT's how you develop a program.

And recognizing the folks who helped make your program a success is also a class act.

Instead, we have people on here (and elsewhere) that live to tear down KC and don't want him mentioned. Definitely NOT a class act...and definitely NOT how you grow and sustain a successful program.

In fact, one other poster said Rawak and Assanis should put out a press release supporting our former and future Hall of Fame coach. I agree. Such a statement would heal wounds and show true leadership and class.

This board is for supporting Blue Hen football. We celebrate Pops, Gannon, Tubby, and a whole host of others. To not support KC Keeler on a Blue Hen football site would be a terrible, spiteful gesture.

But, to each his own.
I must be on the wrong board! If I go to SHSU board will I read about the Blue Hens?
+1

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Wed May 12, 2021 6:38 pm

Baltimore Hen wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:47 am
mpwerrell wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:25 am
Baltimore Hen wrote:

still here. dont give a dime in ticket money or donations to the university as i have said ad nauseum. and yes, spruill is still a punk piece of trash.
i don't know how you can follow UD FB at all with that kind of support and attitude.

Info Hound

Post by Info Hound » Wed May 12, 2021 7:18 pm

I guess it takes trash to know trash.

Onceahenalwaysahen
UD Class: 2002

Post by Onceahenalwaysahen » Wed May 12, 2021 9:37 pm

Cluck U wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 8:02 am
jl1968 wrote:
Nah...if you listened to the NDSU coach, he said several times, "Once a Bison, Always a Bison."

THAT's how you develop a program.

And recognizing the folks who helped make your program a success is also a class act.

Instead, we have people on here (and elsewhere) that live to tear down KC and don't want him mentioned. Definitely NOT a class act...and definitely NOT how you grow and sustain a successful program.

In fact, one other poster said Rawak and Assanis should put out a press release supporting our former and future Hall of Fame coach. I agree. Such a statement would heal wounds and show true leadership and class.

This board is for supporting Blue Hen football. We celebrate Pops, Gannon, Tubby, and a whole host of others. To not support KC Keeler on a Blue Hen football site would be a terrible, spiteful gesture.

But, to each his own.

Great post! He is a Alum! He was not just a coach! He is one of us! Go KC go KATS!

jl1968

Post by jl1968 » Wed May 12, 2021 9:48 pm

How do I get on Go Hens board? I seem to have gotten on SHSU board by mistake!

Screaming Chicken

Post by Screaming Chicken » Wed May 12, 2021 9:51 pm

I will be watching and pulling for fellow Blue Hen Alum, KC Keeler, to win the National Championship. He will always be a Hen! He is responsible for some of my all-time favorite football moments!
Last edited by Screaming Chicken on Thu May 13, 2021 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baltimore Hen

Post by Baltimore Hen » Thu May 13, 2021 11:03 am

BlueHenBill wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 6:38 pm
Baltimore Hen wrote:
mpwerrell wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:25 am

still here. dont give a dime in ticket money or donations to the university as i have said ad nauseum. and yes, spruill is still a punk piece of trash.
i don't know how you can follow UD FB at all with that kind of support and attitude.
I can follow but I do not financially support in any way. pretty simple. And I still can not understand anyone rationalizing a 20 year old man who is 6 foot plus and weighs 220 lbs assaulting a 77 year old man. It is disgusting.
In ROCCO I Have Great Concern!

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Thu May 13, 2021 6:31 pm

Baltimore Hen wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:03 am
BlueHenBill wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 6:38 pm
Baltimore Hen wrote:

I can follow but I do not financially support in any way. pretty simple. And I still can not understand anyone rationalizing a 20 year old man who is 6 foot plus and weighs 220 lbs assaulting a 77 year old man. It is disgusting.
Well on behalf of UD, thanks for not supporting financially (nor in the stands?) UD during a time of hardship (financial & otherwise) for UD due to covid. Can't we avoid wasting time re-visit the argument about a UD player?

Cluck U

Post by Cluck U » Mon May 17, 2021 10:08 am

jl1968 wrote:
From Dr. OldKat (from the Sammy board...where they are talking about Delaware, and have a thread named: To all of our Delaware Fans) http://www.katfans.com/katsforum/showth ... aware-fans :

"At the time; at least of those that came to this site, it seemed that it was fairly evenly divided between those that loved him & were VERY unhappy that he was let go vs those that blamed him for nearly everything from the state of their recruiting, their won/lose record to the British burning the White House in the War of 1812."

:lol:

Dr. OldKat is a wise man...however, our GoHens poll says it is not half, but 76% of our fans that were rooting for Sam Houston and KC Keeler. :D
Nice run, Hens! :D