Is UD going to wish KC good luck?

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Section J
UD Class: 1983

Re: Is UD going to wish KC good luck?

Post by Section J » Fri May 14, 2021 11:36 am

Gannonfan wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:02 am
Eh, it would be weird for UD to tweet anything like that. To tweet out support for an opponent in the same classification that you play in (so in this case for another FCS team) would be weird.
This
“I don't want everyone to like me; I should think less of myself if some people did.”― Henry James

RalphD58
UD Class: 1998

Post by RalphD58 » Fri May 14, 2021 12:22 pm

Would you want your spouse's ex wishing them a happy birthday, congratulations, etc.? :wink:

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Fri May 14, 2021 4:44 pm

I wonder if UD (or maybe the Admiral) sent a congratulations note to Bill Murray for making the 1954 Orange Bowl with Duke? Or maybe after Murray won that Orange Bowl? Just askin’ since I wasn’t here at that time.

Onceahenalwaysahen
UD Class: 2002

Post by Onceahenalwaysahen » Sat May 15, 2021 12:32 am

RalphD58 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:22 pm
Would you want your spouse's ex wishing them a happy birthday, congratulations, etc.? :wink:

Very bad analogy... but sure as long as I am the one she is sharing a bed with why not? I wish ex girlfriends happy birthday all the time. 🤣🤣

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Sat May 15, 2021 7:06 am

Udforever1 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:35 am
Gannonfan wrote:
Eh, it would be weird for UD to tweet anything like that. When they tweet for former alums in the NFL, that's different, UD doesn't compete in the NFL. To tweet out support for an opponent in the same classification that you play in (so in this case for another FCS team) would be weird. Especially considering that you came up one week short of playing them yourselves.
Good post and how I feel Gannon. I wish KC well but it’d be a little odd for UD to tweet their well wishes.
agree Coach, for a few reasons

Rocco might look over his shoulder on that one.... like are you kidding me :D
South Dakota State would have to raise an eyebrow as well as they just whipped us.... and did we congratulate them? no Thanks

Now, if Sammy wins the title game and I believe they will, I don't think it would be that weird to send a congrats tweet, but a good luck tweet? No thanks
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

Onceahenalwaysahen

Post by Onceahenalwaysahen » Sat May 15, 2021 9:55 am

Caribbean Hen wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 7:06 am
Udforever1 wrote:
Gannonfan wrote:
Eh, it would be weird for UD to tweet anything like that. When they tweet for former alums in the NFL, that's different, UD doesn't compete in the NFL. To tweet out support for an opponent in the same classification that you play in (so in this case for another FCS team) would be weird. Especially considering that you came up one week short of playing them yourselves.

Anyone in SDSU a Delaware Alum. I know it’s a hard concept but the GUY is an alum. If he was just a former coach I would feel differently but he is an Alum and Last coach to win and take us to a NC.

Wake up! Get off the beach the sun is hurting you!

Good post and how I feel Gannon. I wish KC well but it’d be a little odd for UD to tweet their well wishes.

South Dakota State would have to raise an eyebrow as well as they just whipped us.... and did we congratulate them? no Thanks

Now, if Sammy wins the title game and I believe they will, I don't think it would be that weird to send a congrats tweet, but a good luck tweet? No thanks

Onceahenalwaysahen

Post by Onceahenalwaysahen » Sat May 15, 2021 9:56 am

Onceahenalwaysahen wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 9:55 am
Caribbean Hen wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 7:06 am
Udforever1 wrote:

Anyone in SDSU a Delaware Alum. I know it’s a hard concept but the GUY is an alum. If he was just a former coach I would feel differently but he is an Alum and Last coach to win and take us to a NC.

Wake up! Get off the beach the sun is hurting you!

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Sat May 15, 2021 10:37 am

Here’s another hard concept Snarky

People found ways to communicate long before social media was born
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

The January Man
UD Class: 1996

Post by The January Man » Sat May 15, 2021 3:37 pm

LMAO.

No, they probably are not. And more importantly, they should not.

I understand the support for KC, but c'mon already with this stuff. Let. It. Go.

RalphD58

Post by RalphD58 » Sun May 16, 2021 12:41 pm

Onceahenalwaysahen wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 12:32 am
RalphD58 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:22 pm

Very bad analogy... but sure as long as I am the one she is sharing a bed with why not? I wish ex girlfriends happy birthday all the time. 🤣🤣
Good for you. I'm pretty sure all of my ex's want to stab me. 😂

larry
UD Class: 2014

Post by larry » Sun May 16, 2021 5:05 pm

That’s a great big YES. Already did last night.
Coach KC is: a UD grad, a UD National champion football player and a national champion UD football coach.

Good Luck KC

Watch all the UD mentions on national TV.

Scott
UD Class: 0

Post by Scott » Sun May 16, 2021 5:10 pm

If Sam Houston wins they should send UD a big thank you note!

Hensfansince03
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hensfansince03 » Sun May 16, 2021 5:10 pm

KC's team is way better than our team based on 2.5 quarters of football today. Still early but I think they are going to win. His team has more speed and has been able to match up on the lines with SDSU. Watching KC''s poise on the sidelines brings back memories of the good ole days, he is more experienced and a better coach now than when we had him. It would be quite an accomplishment to beat NDSU, JMU, and SDSU in the same season. We made the final four but would not have come close to beating any of those 3 teams or his SHSU team if we met them earlier in the playoffs.

We need to see how this fall season goes before offering Rocco an extension.

HenZoneNation

Post by HenZoneNation » Sun May 16, 2021 5:47 pm

The refs are quiet simply the worst I’ve seen in a very long time. That’s two TD’s they’ve stripped from SHSU. Call it even and fair. How off sides was that DE when he hit #3, next call a BS fall start on the O. These CAA refs are embarrassing.
The Dude Abides!

Hensfansince03
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hensfansince03 » Sun May 16, 2021 5:49 pm

HenZoneNation wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 5:47 pm
The refs are quiet simply the worst I’ve seen in a very long time. That’s two TD’s they’ve stripped from SHSU. Call it even and fair. How off sides was that DE when he hit #3, next call a BS fall start on the O. These CAA refs are embarrassing.
SDSU can block and thus can run the ball so when the QB goes down they still can move the ball. SHSU looks better and would be up 2 tds without the calls. SDSU D line is nasty. They kill qbs. Ryan Carty some great play calls on the final drive to get the job done. Maybe he can coach us one day.