My HERO Sports Preseason T25 Ballot

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
UDan
UD Class: 2025

Re: My HERO Sports Preseason T25 Ballot

Post by UDan » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:35 pm

Caribbean Hen wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:58 am
Are you warming up to the Ivies Cluck?
I have the same question :D
Image Daniel Steenkamer, HERO Sports FCS Correspondent: Delaware, CAA ~ Follow on Twitter @DanSteenkamer & Instagram @dansteenkamer.fcs

Syracuse University '25

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:06 pm

UDan wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:35 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:58 am
Are you warming up to the Ivies Cluck?
I have the same question :D
Dan,

Who do you like in the Dartmouth at New Hampshire game?

I’m going with Dartmouth but ask you because I’m only slinging Darts

This is a great FCS match up in what might become as The Mrs Butterworth bowl... syrup state ...and they might need some of the sticky stuff because forecast is saying rainy day

Disclaimer- it’s a good thing Mr Chicken is not on gohens
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

UDan

Post by UDan » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:33 pm

Caribbean Hen wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:06 pm
Dan,

Who do you like in the Dartmouth at New Hampshire game?

I’m going with Dartmouth but ask you because I’m only slinging Darts

This is a great FCS match up in what might become as The Mrs Butterworth bowl... syrup state ...and they might need some of the sticky stuff because forecast is saying rainy day
It's an ideal toss-up game in the rainy conditions, but I slight-lean Dartmouth. Lafayette in Easton laid out a blueprint to limit UNH offense some a few weeks back. I trust the Big Green to follow it to a T and add own wrinkles. I also trust Dartmouth wouldn't have been blown away by Pitt (by 70).

Hard to win in the Dungeon (ask JMU), but Dart won't be intimidated as a/the fellow NH DI program.

'Cats backup QB B Edwards, RB C Washington, and WR Espanet are really quite good, though. If Dart doesn't come to play, could easily go other way, and should be one-possession game either direction. Weather, the great equalizer, might ensure that. Hard to forecast this one
Caribbean Hen wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:06 pm
Disclaimer- it’s a good thing Mr Chicken is not on gohens
BRAWK!
Image Daniel Steenkamer, HERO Sports FCS Correspondent: Delaware, CAA ~ Follow on Twitter @DanSteenkamer & Instagram @dansteenkamer.fcs

Syracuse University '25

dchen
UD Class: 1972

Post by dchen » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:40 am

It’s time for Harvard, Princeton and Dartmouth to crack the

Dartmouth takes a good looking defense into New Hampshire on Saturday in what should be a good football

Syrup state - isn’t that Vermont?

Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:27 am

DC,
Vermont? I think you’re right about that

I’ll post a link to Dan Steenkamer’s 7 under the radar FCS games. Another very informative article.

Campbell is a deep sleeper in the Big South, the Starting quarterback got hurt a few weeks ago and the back up hasn’t missed a beat! Also of note, Campbell is the little school that Villanova swiped there outstanding quarterback Daniel Smith.

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-wee ... ames-dsds/
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:28 am

Cluck U wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:57 am
Caribbean Hen wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:20 pm
Thank you for the outstanding input Dan, We are very lucky to have you here on gohens.

One other observation and I totally get the Ivies haven’t played a down yet, but for the past three or four years they have looked really good so we’ll see how they look on Saturday after a 2 year layoff.

Reserve a spot for Princeton in the upcoming polls :D

And I really wished these prepsters were allowed to participate in the playoffs, I think they would surprise a lot of people.
Cody Chrest, Sammy's graduate transfer WR from Harvard, said the biggest difference between the Ivy schools and the competition he sees now, is the speed and the depth. So, while some of the Ivy teams might pull off a surprise or two, I would guess that they would not be going deep into the playoffs...unless they had a very favorable draw against a Patriot/NEC/Pioneer set of teams.
Cluck, You have an incredible amount of FCS knowledge but you see the easy time Dartmouth had with New Hampshire yesterday? Don’t let Cody Christ anywhere near Vegas

Monmouth beat by Princeton last week

Dartmouth toys with New Hampshire yesterday

Our savvy administrators knew to avoid scheduling the “good” Ivies but the fun is over now as there are no more OOC games

Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:34 am

Caribbean Hen wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:28 am
Cluck U wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:57 am
Caribbean Hen wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:20 pm
Thank you for the outstanding input Dan, We are very lucky to have you here on gohens.

One other observation and I totally get the Ivies haven’t played a down yet, but for the past three or four years they have looked really good so we’ll see how they look on Saturday after a 2 year layoff.

Reserve a spot for Princeton in the upcoming polls :D

And I really wished these prepsters were allowed to participate in the playoffs, I think they would surprise a lot of people.
Cody Chrest, Sammy's graduate transfer WR from Harvard, said the biggest difference between the Ivy schools and the competition he sees now, is the speed and the depth. So, while some of the Ivy teams might pull off a surprise or two, I would guess that they would not be going deep into the playoffs...unless they had a very favorable draw against a Patriot/NEC/Pioneer set of teams.
Cluck, You have an incredible amount of FCS knowledge but you see the easy time Dartmouth had with New Hampshire yesterday? Don’t let Cody Christ anywhere near Vegas

Our savvy administrators knew to avoid scheduling the “good” Ivies but the fun is over now as there are no more OOC games
UNH and Monmouth aren't really top level FCS teams. Heck, most of the CAA isn't anymore either. The balance is clearly shifted to the west and the southwest when it comes to FCS supremacy. Has been for many years now as well.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:02 am

Caribbean Hen wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:28 am

Yes, and my knowledge allows me to understand that UNH is not a good team. You saw I laughed (before the game) at the "upset" post, so why would anyone be surprised at that game's outcome?

Monmouth has a good, but not great, team...and lost by 3 to an undefeated Princeton team on a last minute FG.

The top Ivies are good teams...the bottom Ivies are bad teams (not unlike several other leagues). It is a shame that the Ivy League avoids the playoffs.

But Cody is a first hand observer of the differences between the Ivy League and the top FCS teams. Sam Houston just went through NDSU, JMU, and SDSU...after seeing and playing against several other FCS teams, including Sam Houston. Cody compared that to playing against (and for), over several years, Harvard, Princeton, Dartmouth and the rest of the Ivies.

I'm not sure why you don't believe him. The guy obviously is smart...and he takes football seriously. He is also said to be a student of the game and a player who studies lots of game film. I'm going to take his word for it when he talks about the differences between the Ivies and the top FCS teams...and I'd be stupid not to.
I went by the Tub today, and the theme song to the Titanic was playing over the speakers.

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:09 am

GF- I agree 100% with West and South geographic areas appearing to be far superior and past history supports that conclusion. I expect it will play out the same throughout the remainder of the season.

I'm shocked to view that the Ivies are so highly ranked(Massey has 3 in the first 15) this week while Sagarin's has 1 Ivy in the top 15. Sagarin has UD at # 173 in the country and #47 in the AA category he utilizes for FCS teams. EDIT=Oh, Massey has UD at #42!

Relative score comparisons can be an invalid basis for any number of reasons in ranking teams though they help present a general marker. We'll know more in a few weeks. The playoffs will answer all our wondering conclusively!
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:11 am

What this is really about is it just seems to me the top Ivies
teams don’t get their due for how good they are. I’ve been on the Wrigley band wagon for a few years now after actually watching a few Princeton games. I was surprised how good they looked. That was back in 2018/19

Princeton and Dartmouth play to win and have the players to do it. Any of their Coaches available?

I would love too see these teams in the playoffs but we probably never will

UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:53 am

Caribbean Hen wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:11 am
What this is really about is it just seems to me the top Ivies
teams don’t get their due for how good they are. I’ve been on the Wrigley band wagon for a few years now after actually watching a few Princeton games. I was surprised how good they looked. That was back in 2018/19

Princeton and Dartmouth play to win and have the players to do it. Any of their Coaches available?

I would love too see these teams in the playoffs but we probably never will
https://mobile.twitter.com/FCS_STATS/st ... 6001037317

Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:59 pm

Dan,

it would be good to hear some playoff predictions from you

Who ya got?

Didn't you or someone have The Rattlers making the playoffs?

I think it will be Sam Houston vs North Dakota State in the finals

but again, Incarnate Ward (the QB) could take Sammy out in first round

that kid is probably playing his last FCS game as he will be moving along most likely Texas Tech, Ward is a special talent so KC better be ready

UDan

Post by UDan » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:12 pm

Caribbean Hen wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:59 pm
Dan,

I am all over Sammy returning to Frisco, but unsure if it'll go back-to-back there.

NDSU has been less dominant this season, but that doesn't mean it won't keep winning. That said, JMU looks tooled to compete in the Fargodome, albeit depleted at OL/RB at various junctures.

I am also like everyone else who has South Dakota State getting it done at 4 seed Sacramento State. The Jacks were tripped up by the Valley gauntlet in regular season, but Sac State hasn't seen a squad quite like 'em yet.

Syracuse University '25

Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:27 pm

UDan wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:12 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:59 pm
Dan,

I am all over Sammy returning to Frisco, but unsure if it'll go back-to-back there.

NDSU has been less dominant this season, but that doesn't mean it won't keep winning. That said, JMU looks tooled to compete in the Fargodome, albeit depleted at OL/RB at various junctures.

I am also like everyone else who has South Dakota State getting it done at 4 seed Sacramento State. The Jacks were tripped up by the Valley gauntlet in regular season, but Sac State hasn't seen a squad quite like 'em yet.
SDSU has a fresh Davis back. He is actually their better back. Very hard to bring down.

SDSU is dangerous...title worthy dangerous, just not a fluke win dangerous.

SDSU's challenge is that they will be playing, if seeds hold, against good teams AND having to travel to Sac, then nova, then Sammy, then Frisco. That is a lot of miles/time. They are built for it though...just push the OL forward and let your RBs do their damage.

UD Davis was bad against the run, so SDSU made it look easy. Sac is better against the run, but they had better put up at least 30 points or they are getting ousted. nova can stop the run, but they can get worn down (see W&M) if their O doesn't perform. Sammy can stop the run, but they better have a good lead because as good as their DL is, they only have 3 300lbrs on that line, and their LBs are a bit small. SDSU line will wear down most teams, so if they are close in the 3rd and 4th, they can lean on you in the way the old NDSU teams did.

JMU might have trouble with SELA...and eventually have to go into the Fargo dome. Don't see them making Frisco.

Hoping Keeler pulls off a back-to-back championship.
I went by the Tub today, and the theme song to the Titanic was playing over the speakers.

HensRock
Site Admin
UD Class: 1985

Post by HensRock » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:01 pm

If Nova couldn't stop W&M's run offense, they ain't stoppin' the Jacks'.
Be careful of the words you say,
keep them soft and sweet.
You never know from day to day
which ones you'll have to eat!