QB Notes

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
User avatar
UD '01 grad
Posts: 2429
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:44 pm
UD Class: 2001

QB Notes

Post by UD '01 grad » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:42 am

From Delaware State News report today:

Crowded QB room

With at least seven quarterbacks on the Hens’ roster in camp, there’s no shortage of players at the position right now.

Rocco thought it was time to split up the QBs into two groups.

With Nolan Henderson the starter and Zach Gwynn the backup, Rocco has also put running specialist Anthony Paoletti and Cade Pribula in the top tier for now. That leaves youngsters Deven Bollinger, Mike Campbell and Ryan O’Connor in the second group.

Pribula has emerged some in preseason after getting over a shoulder injury that limited him in the spring. At 6-foot-1, 205 pounds, the sophomore is a little bit like Henderson in that he’s undersized but has shown some elusiveness and throws the ball well.

“We kind of wanted to see what Cade can do here early,” said Rocco. “And he did well early. He’s a natural thrower. He can get the ball out quickly, he’s accurate.

“Nolan is elite,” Rocco added. “After that, I like what we have. I think we have guys who can finish games. I think we have guys who can prepare to win a game.”

User avatar
Big R
Posts: 2976
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:30 am
UD Class: 1975
Location: Etters, PA

Re: QB Notes

Post by Big R » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:12 am

Freshman Phil Weinseimer makes 8

User avatar
tenn hen
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:44 pm
UD Class: 1967
Location: TN.

Re: QB Notes

Post by tenn hen » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:41 am

any verdict on Bollinger? He's got the size for a pocket passer. His videos looked good, but most videos obviously are impressive :shock: :wink: :lol:
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

User avatar
jd of de
Posts: 6618
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:26 am

Re: QB Notes

Post by jd of de » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:32 am

Henderson IS the starter.

Backup is a competition to watch closely this Thursday and Saturday.

User avatar
Caribbean Hen
Posts: 10073
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:07 am
UD Class: 2024
Location: San Juan Puerto Rico

Re: QB Notes

Post by Caribbean Hen » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:37 am

Big R wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:12 am
Freshman Phil Weinseimer makes 8
Big R

Question for you Sir

Why do we need 8 QB’s ?

I know you might’ve asked this question to Rocco but if so, I forgot what the answer was
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

mpwerrell
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:27 pm

Re: QB Notes

Post by mpwerrell » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:10 pm

tenn hen wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:41 am
any verdict on Bollinger? He's got the size for a pocket passer. His videos looked good, but most videos obviously are impressive :shock: :wink: :lol:
Too soon for an evaluation. He has had very limited reps.
Perhaps he’ll get some time in the upcoming scrimmages.

User avatar
tenn hen
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:44 pm
UD Class: 1967
Location: TN.

Re: QB Notes

Post by tenn hen » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:28 pm

mpwerrell wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:10 pm
tenn hen wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:41 am
any verdict on Bollinger? He's got the size for a pocket passer. His videos looked good, but most videos obviously are impressive :shock: :wink: :lol:
Too soon for an evaluation. He has had very limited reps.
Perhaps he’ll get some time in the upcoming scrimmages.
thanks- he's just a rsfish so his time will/may come. How does his passing look so far from the drills? speed, accuracy, feel?
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

mpwerrell
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:27 pm

Re: QB Notes

Post by mpwerrell » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:40 pm

tenn hen wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:28 pm
mpwerrell wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:10 pm
tenn hen wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:41 am
any verdict on Bollinger? He's got the size for a pocket passer. His videos looked good, but most videos obviously are impressive :shock: :wink: :lol:
Too soon for an evaluation. He has had very limited reps.
Perhaps he’ll get some time in the upcoming scrimmages.
thanks- he's just a rsfish so his time will/may come. How does his passing look so far from the drills? speed, accuracy, feel?
Too soon for an evaluation. I’ve been to seven practices and the data to judge is too small a sample size.
Maybe he’ll get some opportunities in the scrimmages.
He looks really good signaling in the plays from the sideline. He’ll have his time.

User avatar
72 Hen
Recruiting Specialist
Recruiting Specialist
Posts: 6362
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:00 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC

Re: QB Notes

Post by 72 Hen » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:36 pm

I agree this is not Bollinger's time. He will get an opportunity in a couple of years. However, don't write him off as a running option. He passed for 4100 yards and ran for 1900 yards in HS. Although he is not a dynamic runner, he can be a runner when it's called for. All of the top QB's mentioned can run the ball. Of course, there is only one Henderson.

15 days to kick off!!!!!
"Hit Soooooooooomebody"

User avatar
jd of de
Posts: 6618
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:26 am

Re: QB Notes

Post by jd of de » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:01 pm

At practice the first thing that stands out about Bollinger his his height. He stands a head-above the rest of the group. Nice arm too. IMO his future is bright if he puts in the work; most do, a few don’t.

User avatar
HENJOHN
Posts: 10274
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:24 pm
UD Class: 1980
Location: Bear & Ocean View, Delaware

Re: QB Notes

Post by HENJOHN » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:05 pm

He's definitely a guy to keep an eye on. Physically resembles Trevor Sasek.
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

User avatar
Big R
Posts: 2976
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:30 am
UD Class: 1975
Location: Etters, PA

Re: QB Notes

Post by Big R » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:34 pm

Caribbean Hen wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:37 am
Big R wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:12 am
Freshman Phil Weinseimer makes 8
Big R

Question for you Sir

Why do we need 8 QB’s ?

I know you might’ve asked this question to Rocco but if so, I forgot what the answer was
No, I haven’t asked. Very limited opportunities to speak with DR during camp - only access is after Saturday practices which I haven not been able to attend yet.

User avatar
Caribbean Hen
Posts: 10073
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:07 am
UD Class: 2024
Location: San Juan Puerto Rico

Re: QB Notes

Post by Caribbean Hen » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:46 pm

Big R wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:34 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:37 am
Big R wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:12 am
Freshman Phil Weinseimer makes 8
Big R

Question for you Sir

Why do we need 8 QB’s ?

I know you might’ve asked this question to Rocco but if so, I forgot what the answer was
No, I haven’t asked. Very limited opportunities to speak with DR during camp - only access is after Saturday practices which I haven not been able to attend yet.
Gotcha BigR

Thanks for everything you do, I know it’s a lot of work but just know it is very much appreciated!!
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

Maddog@76
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:12 pm
UD Class: 1976
Location: Newark, DE

Re: QB Notes

Post by Maddog@76 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:47 pm

HENJOHN wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:05 pm
He's definitely a guy to keep an eye on. Physically resembles Trevor Sasek.
Steel on Target John! That is quite an endorsement for the comparison to Sasek. He had an amazing game vs. JMU, and then blew out knee at Navy- not to mention the knifing he received in a pizza parking lot. Had great potential at one time. Here's hoping! I still have high hopes for Cade. Just something i feel for him. At the very minimum should at least be a solid backup [and now days there are no Chuck Bednarik's! Wayne Hanby Go Blue Hens!

User avatar
jd of de
Posts: 6618
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:26 am

Re: QB Notes

Post by jd of de » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:00 pm

Trevor at Towson.

To Rob Jones

To Rob Jones again.

Too bad so many left early. Trevor at his finest.

Post Reply