QB Notes

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
HENJOHN
UD Class: 1980

Re: QB Notes

Post by HENJOHN » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:02 pm

Maddog@76 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:47 pm
HENJOHN wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:05 pm
He's definitely a guy to keep an eye on. Physically resembles Trevor Sasek.
Steel on Target John! That is quite an endorsement for the comparison to Sasek. He had an amazing game vs. JMU, and then blew out knee at Navy- not to mention the knifing he received in a pizza parking lot. Had great potential at one time. Here's hoping! I still have high hopes for Cade. Just something i feel for him. At the very minimum should at least be a solid backup [and now days there are no Chuck Bednarik's! Wayne Hanby Go Blue Hens!
Cade has had a very good camp Wayne and is showing signs of being more than a capable backup for Nolan. Looking forward to seeing him in the Scrimmage Thursday.
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:27 pm

jd of de wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:00 pm
Trevor at Towson.

To Rob Jones

To Rob Jones again.

Too bad so many left early. Trevor at his finest.
And Rob Jones never seems to get the credit he deserves for a fine career
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:18 am

72 Hen wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:36 pm
I agree this is not Bollinger's time. He will get an opportunity in a couple of years. However, don't write him off as a running option. He passed for 4100 yards and ran for 1900 yards in HS. Although he is not a dynamic runner, he can be a runner when it's called for. All of the top QB's mentioned can run the ball. Of course, there is only one Henderson.

15 days to kick off!!!!!
jd of de wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:01 pm
At practice the first thing that stands out about Bollinger his his height. He stands a head-above the rest of the group. Nice arm too. IMO his future is bright if he puts in the work; most do, a few don’t.
I remember viewing his videos after he committed. I agree JD though too early for this season unless calamity hits. B showed his ability to run at least adequately. I liked his instincts/composure in hs(edit).

HJ- I like the Sasek comparison- would be a solid qb.
Last edited by tenn hen on Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

Big R
UD Class: 1975

Post by Big R » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:37 am

jd of de wrote:
Trevor at Towson.

To Rob Jones

To Rob Jones again.

Media is not supposed to show any emotion in the press box, but I came pretty damn close that evening. I do believe that
I might have thrown up one of my hands, but I did manage to bottle up a scream!

bluehenjeff
UD Class: 1985

Post by bluehenjeff » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:09 pm

jd of de wrote:
Trevor at Towson.

To Rob Jones

To Rob Jones again.

I remember that game. what a comeback.

wildman
UD Class: 1978

Post by wildman » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:13 pm

jd of de wrote:
Trevor at Towson.

To Rob Jones

To Rob Jones again.

1 of only 2 memorable games during the entire Brock era. This and 62-0 :oops:
223*
*-4 covid restricted

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:38 pm

wildman wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:13 pm
jd of de wrote:
Trevor at Towson.

To Rob Jones

To Rob Jones again.

Ugly and hot day that 62-0 was.

UDan
UD Class: 2025

Post by UDan » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:08 am

wildman wrote:
jd of de wrote:
Trevor at Towson.

To Rob Jones

To Rob Jones again.

The Dave Brock Era comprised my most formative years as a Delaware football youth, so I have a few more memorable games (someone call me out if I stumble and get a year wrong):

2013 homecoming vs. Albany: field goal as time expires secures the win (Sean Baner, anyone?!)
2013 vs. Richmond: Rocco’s Spiders spoil a Senior Day shootout (but Delaware Stadium makes a good impression on Danny that he would later reference in his introductory presser at UD—“That’s… what… I… WANT!”)
2013 heartbreaker to complete season-ending meltdown in Chester vs Nova

2014: Hurley’s heroics help Hens escape Colgate
2014 OT goal-line stand to defeat JMU in Harrisonburg
2014: (actually) losing to Sacred Heart

2015: losing to now-defunct Jacksonville (but shoutout to the Dolphins for being the only DI school to recruit me in XC)
2015: Frank Raggo’s turn to drill a winning kick (vs W&M on NBCSN)
2015: getting blanked 20-0 the very next week at Rhody
2015: being shutout *again* on Halloween at Towson

2016: Wes Hills Fumble Return Game (vs Maine in rain)
Honorable mention 2016: first game of interim era under DDC (not pretty)

All that’s in the rear view now, but I know others on the board will remember these (I even omitted some quality ones :lol:)
Image Daniel Steenkamer, HERO Sports FCS Correspondent: Delaware, CAA ~ Follow on Twitter @DanSteenkamer & Instagram @dansteenkamer.fcs

Syracuse University '25

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:46 am

UDan wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:08 am
wildman wrote:
jd of de wrote:
Trevor at Towson.

To Rob Jones

To Rob Jones again.

The Dave Brock Era comprised my most formative years as a Delaware football youth, so I have a few more memorable games (someone call me out if I stumble and get a year wrong):

2013 homecoming vs. Albany: field goal as time expires secures the win (Sean Baner, anyone?!)
2013 vs. Richmond: Rocco’s Spiders spoil a Senior Day shootout (but Delaware Stadium makes a good impression on Danny that he would later reference in his introductory presser at UD—“That’s… what… I… WANT!”)

2015: losing to now-defunct Jacksonville (but shoutout to the Dolphins for being the only DI school to recruit me in XC)

All that’s in the rear view now, but I know others on the board will remember these (I even omitted some quality ones :lol:)
Unfortunately for you Dan, and many other young folks, the “Brock era” of historic failure was their introduction to UD football. No wonder there are so few young people in the stands. UD is just starting to finally wash that stain from the program. For sure loosing to Sacred Heart and Jacksonville were memorable but in an bad way. And I will never forget that 62-0 disgrace. It was probably the only time in my 57 plus years of attending UD football where the team didn’t show up and then quit from there. It is the only time I ever left a game at halftime. I told my wife, “if they aren’t going to play, I am not going to watch”. Can we please never speak of Brock and the utter incompetence around the program again?

Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:07 am

UDan wrote:
wildman wrote:
jd of de wrote:
Trevor at Towson.

To Rob Jones

To Rob Jones again.

Great memory of dark times Dan

Question for you

As it has been mentioned that you are a recent high school graduate, how would you gauge the interest amongst your classmates in college football and Delaware football in general?

I think I know what the answer is but would be interested in hearing your opinion

And best of luck to you and find some time to post on here and keep the Hero sports articles coming young man
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

Maddog@76
UD Class: 1976

Post by Maddog@76 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:38 am

Caribbean Hen wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:07 am
UDan wrote:
wildman wrote:

Great memory of dark times Dan

Question for you

As it has been mentioned that you are a recent high school graduate, how would you gauge the interest amongst your classmates in college football and Delaware football in general?

I think I know what the answer is but would be interested in hearing your opinion

And best of luck to you and find some time to post on here and keep the Hero sports articles coming young man
Dan- as always, wishing you nothing but happiness and success in your promising career. I hope we will continue to see your grand-mom in attendance at the BHTC [she can keep us up-dated with your under takings and exploits].
Idea- maybe you can convince Syracuse to give you an internship with Caribbean Hen [you would have the opportunity to learn from the best, and have beautiful surroundings to "work" in]. :D
Always keep an open mind; be your own man (don't be bullied or coerced to speak and/or change your opinion; only print the "truth," as you see it; develop a "thick skin" to permit the vomit of cankerous, sour, grumpy old individuals who disagree with your opinions from permeating into your creative soul; in short, just follow your heart, and always remember the "teachings" of your wonderful family.
Stay in touch young man! Go Blue Hens! Wayne Hanby, Class of 76

dovetail
UD Class: 1966

Post by dovetail » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:05 am

jd of de wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:38 pm
wildman wrote:
jd of de wrote:
Trevor at Towson.

To Rob Jones

To Rob Jones again.

Ugly and hot day that 62-0 was.
Highlight of that day was a ten yard gain on a quarterback sneak.

Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:53 pm

Mr Hanby, Dan might moonlight for Hero, but there is only one hero and here in my opinion. I read the story!

Besides, young Steenkamer could only pick up bad habits from me but I promise his baby Blue and Gold retinas would be scorching hot if he ever visited the Isla, And I’m not talking about the weather :lol:

Maddog@76
UD Class: 1976

Post by Maddog@76 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:06 pm

Caribbean Hen wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:53 pm
Mr Hanby, Dan might moonlight for Hero, but there is only one hero and here in my opinion. I read the story!

Besides, young Steenkamer could only pick up bad habits from me but I promise his baby Blue and Gold retinas would be scorching hot if he ever visited the Isla, And I’m not talking about the weather :lol:
:D you are a funny man, C-Hen. You stay safe and stay away from those tropical storms. Everyone already has enough on their plates! Go Blue Hens! Wayne

HensRock
Site Admin
UD Class: 1985

Post by HensRock » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:03 pm

Hens79 wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:46 am
...And I will never forget that 62-0 disgrace. It was probably the only time in my 57 plus years of attending UD football where the team didn’t show up and then quit from there. It is the only time I ever left a game at halftime. I told my wife, “if they aren’t going to play, I am not going to watch”.
I was at that game. Brock still owes me for my gas and game ticket.
I didn't just leave that game - I left the entire season. In case any of you were wondering why we don't have scores on that season at GoHens, or why we did not have the Top 25 Pool, You have your answer. I checked out. That was the only Blue Hen game (Fightin' intentionally omitted) I've ever watched where I was embarrassed to be a Delaware fan. The Pitt fans around me in the stadium were sympathetic. I just felt sick. That was not MY Fightin' Blue Hens.

Rich talked me in off the ledge for the 2105 season!

Dark times indeed.
Be careful of the words you say,
keep them soft and sweet.
You never know from day to day
which ones you'll have to eat!