Henderson Out for the Season

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Re: Henderson Out for the Season

Post by Cluck U » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:42 pm

So, Penn State starter goes down and they are forced to put in a Freshman. :shock: no Sophomore, Junior or Senior back up.

Lose their game as the Freshman not named Santos is not able to perform.

Transfer portal took out PSU back ups.

If this happens at Penn State... :lol:

Players want to play. No one wants to sit.

Fun times.
I went by the Tub today, and the theme song to the Titanic was playing over the speakers.

rooneyguy
UD Class: 1988

Post by rooneyguy » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:44 pm

HENJOHN wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:31 pm
The January Man wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:26 pm
And based upon his injury history, which you now add now a recent surgery, I am sure those offers have decreased.
Completely disagree. He's supposed to make a full recovery and is still going to draw serious interest. Might not be Oklahoma but some Coach is probably thinking about getting him into as an offense to take full advantage of his talents and that has an Offensive line that can protect him
So, it seems unwise to count on him for next year -- if he leaves or if he returns and is so injury-prone. Time to find the next QB (and it isn't Gwynn or Paoletti).

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:45 pm

UD '01 grad wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:34 pm
Henderson: 416 career pass attempts, 5 INTs

Gwynn: 45 career pass attempts, 4 INTs.

This is why I didn’t fall for the critics that said he held the ball to long, I saw it as smart on Henderson’s part, I trust his instincts
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

The January Man
UD Class: 1996

Post by The January Man » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:57 pm

Rooney is on point.

NH either leaves (yeah ok :roll:) or comes back and gets hurt again because he is so injury prone.

Time to move on from him? If so, who is the QB? Do they have to go and find another one to add to the stable they already have??

Gotta see if the current ones on the roster can play.

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1980

Post by HENJOHN » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:05 pm

rooneyguy wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:44 pm
HENJOHN wrote:
The January Man wrote:
And based upon his injury history, which you now add now a recent surgery, I am sure those offers have decreased.
Completely disagree. He's supposed to make a full recovery and is still going to draw serious interest. Might not be Oklahoma but some Coach is probably thinking about getting him into as an offense to take full advantage of his talents and that has an Offensive line that can protect him
So, it seems unwise to count on him for next year -- if he leaves or if he returns and is so injury-prone. Time to find the next QB (and it isn't Gwynn or Paoletti).
Exactly and that's how the staff should approach it.
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1980

Post by HENJOHN » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:08 pm

The January Man wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:57 pm
Rooney is on point.

NH either leaves (yeah ok :roll:) or comes back and gets hurt again because he is so injury prone.

Time to move on from him? If so, who is the QB? Do they have to go and find another one to add to the stable they already have??

Don't disagree at all. Pribula really showed some flashes in the summer and scrimmages. Can move around and stronger arm than Gwynn. Time to let him play. They also Love 6-5, 235 Bollinger
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

UDJoe

Post by UDJoe » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:14 pm

[quote="The January Man" post_id=392220 time=1633823827 user_id=68320]
Rooney is on point.

[/quote]

This.

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:41 pm

Udforever1 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:58 pm
CapeHen wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:43 pm
UDJoe wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:29 pm
As Rooneyguy pointed out, if Henderson played at all last week against Albany, he would no longer be eligible for a medical exception for another year of eligibility if he subsequently had an injury. That’s exactly what has happened.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe the spring season did not count towards anyone’s eligibility. Because of that, Nolan could still come back in the fall if he wants to. That would be his sixth year in the program. I really doubt he’d stick around for a seventh anyways. That’s a lot of time in school. Eventually you gotta move on.
Correct. He has another year.
Right but if Henderson hadn't played vs. Albany (which he shouldn't have given his injury) he would have had the option of playing 2 more seasons if interested.

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:52 pm

HENJOHN wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:08 pm
The January Man wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:57 pm
Rooney is on point.

Don't disagree at all. Pribula really showed some flashes in the summer and scrimmages. Can move around and stronger arm than Gwynn. Time to let him play. They also Love 6-5, 235 Bollinger
Ryan O'Connor 6'3 185 was a highly touted QB when UD signed him to the FR Class that started in Sep 2021. IMHO, unless Gwynn really shines, Priblula should be given a shot. If Pribula doesn't shine, Bollinger should be given a shot. If Bollinger doesn't shine, O'Connor should be given a shot. If none shine, then UD better get in the off-season a sure thing HS and/or transfer QB. It would appear that conservative Rocco will stick with seniority (i.e., Gwynn) and maybe miss discovering who might be the real deal among the other QBs. This all assumes that Paoletti is not a good passer whcih is strange seeing as he set DE County PA passing records (over 7,000 yards) in HS.

BlueHenBobby
UD Class: 1975

Post by BlueHenBobby » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:57 pm

rooneyguy wrote:
HENJOHN wrote:
The January Man wrote:
Certainly our most talented QB since Devlin, but I don't think he will survive a season without injury whether he lands FBS or FCS. What year of college would that actually be for him? At a certain point it's time for him to move on.

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:27 pm

BlueHenBobby wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:57 pm
rooneyguy wrote:
HENJOHN wrote:

Certainly our most talented QB since Devlin, but I don't think he will survive a season without injury whether he lands FBS or FCS. What year of college would that actually be for him? At a certain point it's time for him to move on.
Well Henderson is in grad school at UD. I don't' know what program or how long it would take to get his Master's or Doctorate. If you aren't going to make the pros and are still interested in playing it seems to me that playing in college and getting your graduate degree while on scholly is a pretty good deal and beats going to work.

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:29 pm

HENJOHN wrote:
The January Man wrote:
If Henderson had an OL that could protect him, he wouldn't need his exceptional ability to escape and make plays with his arm or legs.

BlueHenBobby
UD Class: 1975

Post by BlueHenBobby » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:38 pm

BlueHenBill wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:27 pm
BlueHenBobby wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:57 pm
rooneyguy wrote:

Well Henderson is in grad school at UD. I don't' know what program or how long it would take to get his Master's or Doctorate. If you aren't going to make the pros and are still interested in playing it seems to me that playing in college and getting your graduate degree while on scholly is a pretty good deal and beats going to work.
His major is listed as Sport Management. Not sure what the job market is for sports management Phd's but I'm betting there's not a huge demand for Phd's in that area of study. Maybe a master's degree. Not sure if that leads him into the coaching world or actual business management of a sports team. I would strongly suspect that even with a master's degree will put him in an entry level position. Experience will more likely take him "up the ladder" and might be more valuable than an advanced degree. Just a guess.

tubby
UD Class: 1972

Post by tubby » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:01 am

Even if he is injury prone ( Gannon wasn't even fast enough to survive with the protection Henderson gets) he is the QB. He is all heart and a great leader. He has more than earned his starting job. Be nice if he actually has a full year with being injury free.