Thoughts on Rocco

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Henny
UD Class: 1985

Re: Thoughts on Rocco

Post by Henny » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:10 am

henjet wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:25 pm
The admin is crazy if they extend him; your suppose to want fans to come to games not piss them off.He hasn't done anything to get an extension,2 more years of this mess why did they even bother to build the atc or renovate the stadium
Duly noted Jet.

UDJoe

Post by UDJoe » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:58 am

[quote=rooneyguy post_id=392497 time=1634212371 user_id=27001]
IMHO, saying "thank you" to Danny for stabilizing the program and having a winning record over his 5 year tenure (perhaps with a golden parachute) and then hiring Ryan Carty as the new head coach would be an exciting scenario. In short, DR did some good things, but aspirations have to be higher than where we are now.
[/quote]

Last week's post by Rooney seems to be standing the test of time.

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:12 am

Carty might be the right guy, I don’t know

If he was instrumental in bringing in some of the big talents that play for Sam Houston, I would take him in a second. Before the likes of WR Jaquez Ezzard and several others showed up ole Carty was not really riding high with the fan base down in Texas.

We need a recruiter and an administration that will accept talented players or it will be the same thing all over again
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

UDan
UD Class: 2025

Post by UDan » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:51 am

Caribbean Hen wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:12 am
Carty might be the right guy, I don’t know

Before the likes of WR Jaquez Ezzard and several others showed up ole Carty was not really riding high with the fan base down in Texas.
+1
Caribbean Hen wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:12 am
We need a recruiter and an administration that will accept talented players or it will be the same thing all over again
Accepted Pitts, Coleman, Lee, De Maille, Nickles & Buchanan & Toro & the Trainers, J Henley, Burton III, I omit Colby because DB era... List goes on. I think I get what you're after, but DR and above are accepting talented players. Unf., Ezzard doesn't show up every day. Blast to watch (and photograph for HERO in Frisco)
Image Daniel Steenkamer, HERO Sports FCS Correspondent: Delaware, CAA ~ Follow on Twitter @DanSteenkamer & Instagram @dansteenkamer.fcs

Syracuse University '25