Obituary for Long Time UD FB Fan George Allen

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
BlueHenBill

Obituary for Long Time UD FB Fan George Allen

Post by BlueHenBill » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:40 pm

I don't know if anyone else here knew him but here is a link to the obituary (including photo) of long time UD FB Fan George Allen -

https://www.dohertyfh.com/obituary/George-AllenJr

I have known George for 40+ years having met him at a UD Freshman FB game in the late 1970's. Our season tickets were next to each other in
Section K for decades. George and I (sometimes with both of our wives ) made many UD FB Away games together going back to the late 1970's. As noted in his obituary George was honored as the UD FB Fan of the year in 2015, a well deserved honor for this most passionate of UD FB fans. Outside of FB, George was a genuinely nice guy and family man. if there is a heaven George and his wonderful late wife Jackie are there and are/will be surrounded by not only their deceased family members but his UD FB family of friends, fellow fans, coaches, & players. I will miss George for the rest of my life. RIP George.
Last edited by BlueHenBill on Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Re: Obituary for Long Time UD FB Fan George Allen

Post by 77HEN » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:22 pm

That’s a heck of a write up for the obit. Sounds like he was a great guy and, as you say, a diehard Blue Hen fan. My condolences to you his friend and his family. Life is too short.
Chemical Engineering UD ‘81

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1980

Post by HENJOHN » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:28 pm

Bill, very sorry for the loss of your friend and fellow Bluehen Fan
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:15 pm

Bill, sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. He seemed to have lived a very full life and shared our passion for our Blue Hens.
I went by the Tub today, and the theme song to the Titanic was playing over the speakers.

Info Hound

Post by Info Hound » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:32 am

Sorry, Bill. George sound like "our kind of guy".

Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:30 pm

Sorry to hear of the loss, sounds like a great Blue Hen.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation