Game Thread: Stony Brook

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Baltimore Hen
UD Class: 0

Re: Game Thread: Stony Brook

Post by Baltimore Hen » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:35 pm

RalphD58 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:10 pm
Next man up? Is that not a thing anymore? Accountability must not be a thing either. All of the stud defensive players were available for the game and they let up 34 to a 1-5 team. No excuses.
I’d put 14 of those 34 on the O….but yes, point made
In ROCCO I Have Great Concern!

Baltimore Hen

Post by Baltimore Hen » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:44 pm

RalphD58 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:10 pm
Next man up? Is that not a thing anymore? Accountability must not be a thing either. All of the stud defensive players were available for the game and they let up 34 to a 1-5 team. No excuses.
They also gave up 22 to a team that only mustered 7 against Towson…
In ROCCO I Have Great Concern!

Jaxhen1
UD Class: 1974

Post by Jaxhen1 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:22 pm

1. We have the highest paid coaching staff in FCS.

2. We have some of the best facilities in all of FCS.

3. We have a rich football tradition with six national championships and three hall-of-fame coaches.

4. We are a well respected educational institution with a beautiful campus and situated in a great geographical location.

5. We had one of the best fan bases in all of FCS.

6. We’ve produced more NFL players than just about any of the other FCS programs.

7. Our 2017 team had three NFL starters on the defense, one at all three levels in the core center of the defense and yet we still failed to make the FCS playoffs.

8. Our 2019 and 2020 recruiting classes were ranked 9th and 3rd, respectively, by Hero Sports.

9. We have 2- and 3-star recruits on the team, and other highly touted recruits with FBS offers, who hardly see any action (Nance, Walker, Frederick, etc.).

We have just about everything you would want to be one of the top FCS football schools in the country every year yet we seem to be struggling to beat Northeast Conference schools and other schools who haven’t been playing football on this level for long. Are they out recruiting us, better at finding diamonds in the rough, better at developing their players, playing with more emotion, or simply out coaching us? There may be a combination of reasons but I still believe our unaggressive style of play , stubbornness of the coaching staff, unimaginative play calling, and unemotional demeanor are major reasons. I don’t really agree that the only reason for our spring success was because other schools didn’t take it seriously. I don’t think you suit up to play with a half hearted attitude. Players are fighting for starting positions and coaches are fighting for their jobs. I still believe the main difference between the spring and fall was our aggressive and more emotional style of play in the spring. Look at what happened today when we blitzed versus when we played the passive three man rush.

HensRock
Site Admin
UD Class: 1985

Post by HensRock » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:30 am

After 2 games, I thought we'd be 7-4.
After the Rhody loss, I downgraded to 6-5 and that was assuming THIS game was a W.
Be careful of the words you say,
keep them soft and sweet.
You never know from day to day
which ones you'll have to eat!

Cluck U

Post by Cluck U » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:35 am

Gannonfan wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:43 pm

I would take him back in a heart beat. A future HOF'er returning home, could even get people back into the seats. Makes too much sense and I doubt he'd want to come back here with all of the backstabbing by guys he thought were probably his friends.
Yup...one poster actually stalks the guy and talks with in public him as though they were buddies. Bet the conversation doesn't begin with: "Hey Keeler, for years, I...anonymously...spread vicious rumors about you after talking with disgruntled players and their petulant parents and cheered as the out-of-town admin ran you out of town, and I told everyone you were a selfish bad tipper and didn't really care about the program...but hey, I once had your bobble head and can you share some time with me because I will pretend we are friends and that I am a fan."
I went by the Tub today, and the theme song to the Titanic was playing over the speakers.

Cluck U

Post by Cluck U » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:44 am

cougarpines1 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:25 pm
Imagine how bad they would be if they didn't get all the uniform combinations they wanted.
:lol:
I went by the Tub today, and the theme song to the Titanic was playing over the speakers.

Cluck U

Post by Cluck U » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:51 am

UD '01 grad wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:31 pm
Radio: Stony is better than their record.

Radio: Hens will have to steal a victory in their next five games to make the playoffs.

Radio: These are big moments for Pribula.
Radio: Gwynn overthrew that pass...but you can really see his arm strength.

Future radio: Rocco lost another game...but you can really see his plan for success.

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:47 am

HenZoneNation wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:22 pm
Hengrad07 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:13 pm
HenZoneNation wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:10 pm
Wouldn’t mind someone else returning punts than Townsend.

The fact that we didn’t go after a transfer QB who could push Henderson or at the very least somewhat comparable is so frustrating and just another example of the nightmare situation the QB position has become.

And now this.
Other than Henderson, 7 QB’s on roster including 3 or4 scholarship QBs. Why on earth would Rocco bring in a transfer 🙄
Beyond what your seeing right now or including last season when Gwynn came in when Henderson was hurt? Beyond Henderson and including a year where we had two transfers who couldn’t beat our Kehoe playing QB it has been a nightmare since he got here…this was (or should have been a concern) after last season. NDSU brings in a four star transfers from VT, we take a walk on from ECU.

And yet it’s still better than when Brock was here…

No way we reach 7 wins now.
And South Dakota State went out and got a better transfer QB than North Dakota State did

Those schools are expected to win though
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

BlueHen1985
UD Class: 1985

Post by BlueHen1985 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:15 am

Jaxhen1 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:22 pm

3. We have a rich football tradition with six national championships and three hall-of-fame coaches.

4. We are a well respected educational institution with a beautiful campus and situated in a great geographical location.

6. We’ve produced more NFL players than just about any of the other FCS programs.

7. Our 2017 team had three NFL starters on the defense, one at all three levels in the core center of the defense and yet we still failed to make the FCS playoffs.

8. Our 2019 and 2020 recruiting classes were ranked 9th and 3rd, respectively, by Hero Sports.

9. We have 2- and 3-star recruits on the team, and other highly touted recruits with FBS offers, who hardly see any action (Nance, Walker, Frederick, etc.).

We have just about everything you would want to be one of the top FCS football schools in the country every year yet we seem to be struggling to beat Northeast Conference schools and other schools who haven’t been playing football on this level for long. Are they out recruiting us, better at finding diamonds in the rough, better at developing their players, playing with more emotion, or simply out coaching us? There may be a combination of reasons but I still believe our unaggressive style of play , stubbornness of the coaching staff, unimaginative play calling, and unemotional demeanor are major reasons. I don’t really agree that the only reason for our spring success was because other schools didn’t take it seriously. I don’t think you suit up to play with a half hearted attitude. Players are fighting for starting positions and coaches are fighting for their jobs. I still believe the main difference between the spring and fall was our aggressive and more emotional style of play in the spring. Look at what happened today when we blitzed versus when we played the passive three man rush.
Spot on. We have everything it takes to be successful. Your #9 assessment is why we are failing. Coach is not playing the best players. They could turn everything around if they weren’t so stubborn and set in their ways. Plain and simple. Using seniority as your standard of who plays in the game, will get you a losing team.

Anyone watch the Oklahoma game last night? Wow

Hens79

Post by Hens79 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:20 am

Caribbean Hen wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:47 am
HenZoneNation wrote:
Hengrad07 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:13 pm

Other than Henderson, 7 QB’s on roster including 3 or4 scholarship QBs. Why on earth would Rocco bring in a transfer 🙄
Beyond what your seeing right now or including last season when Gwynn came in when Henderson was hurt? Beyond Henderson and including a year where we had two transfers who couldn’t beat our Kehoe playing QB it has been a nightmare since he got here…this was (or should have been a concern) after last season. NDSU brings in a four star transfers from VT, we take a walk on from ECU.

And South Dakota State went out and got a better transfer QB than North Dakota State did

That is the difference CH. Those schools are expected to win. Rocco was probably given time to win by Assanis and Rawak and they likely didn’t pressure him to win early. That’s how the team team ended up with Walker starting an unbelievable third year at UD at QB and getting a nobody late as a transfer. Heck, all Rocco talks about is “being relevant”. Nobody has challenged that low ball assertion. And here we are today.

Maddog@76
UD Class: 1976

Post by Maddog@76 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:40 am

Jaxhen1 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:22 pm

That was very well stated. The Blue Hen Nation deserves better than this….Wayne Hanby

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:07 am

Hens79 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:20 am
Caribbean Hen wrote:
HenZoneNation wrote:

That is the difference CH. Those schools are expected to win. Rocco was probably given time to win by Assanis and Rawak and they likely didn’t pressure him to win early. That’s how the team team ended up with Walker starting an unbelievable third year at UD at QB and getting a nobody late as a transfer. Heck, all Rocco talks about is “being relevant”. Nobody has challenged that low ball assertion. And here we are today.
I couldn’t agree more 79

Big Red Flag in 2017 when Rip Van Rocco didn’t come in hungry
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

Hens79

Post by Hens79 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:52 am

Caribbean Hen wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:07 am
Hens79 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:20 am
Caribbean Hen wrote:

I couldn’t agree more 79

Big Red Flag in 2017 when Rip Van Rocco didn’t come in hungry
That was my humongous Big Red Flag too. Sadly, not much has changed since then. It was all there for those to see if they wanted to just like it was with Brock and the 3 Prong Rebuild BS. And again, here we are in 2021.

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:53 am

Do I sense a high level of frustration here?? :lol:

I've been posting for at least 3 years what you guys are finally beginning to realize is the TRUTH. Go back and read my texts if you don't agree. No one wanted to believe my conclusions. It is a shame that CR(not Chrissie to me) is being viewed as a future athletic director that will be highly regarded by truly BIG TIME INSTITUTIONS. She's a wonderful fund raiser with a warm personality, but lacks the creds in sports knowledge to be selected. Our athletic programs have regressed under her direction. Our fall teams are having a rough go. Rocco is a loser! Last season was what I posted= a weak schedule all the way up to the semi finals of the FCS playoffs where we were crushed(massacred) out West in the Dakotas. I tried to root for our team yesterday, but found myself wondering why I was continuing to view our football games after SB touched the football.
Yesterday our lbs allowed that TD and our safeties were AWOL edit- not AOL). How is that possible? Just think about it. When our biggest supporters have now turned on Rocco, well...........

I'm totally embarrassed by our FOOTBALL PROGRAM AND COACH????. How long can we continue this destruction of our old highly regarded Fighting Blue Hens' national recognition(Flacco,etc). Our fan base is being depleted weekly and we are no longer "relavent". Our former removed head coach is winning national championships while we sink into oblivion.

"I've gone past the point of caring"-name the song and group????

Each game is a new LOW in incompetence and boredom. Darn, this really hurts :(
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

UDHens419
UD Class: 2003

Post by UDHens419 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:34 am

tenn hen wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:53 am
Do I sense a high level of frustration here?? :lol:

I've been posting for at least 3 years what you guys are finally beginning to realize is the TRUTH. Go back and read my texts if you don't agree. No one wanted to believe my conclusions. It is a shame that CR(not Chrissie to me) is being viewed as a future athletic director that will be highly regarded by truly BIG TIME INSTITUTIONS. She's a wonderful fund raiser with a warm personality, but lacks the creds in sports knowledge to be selected. Our athletic programs have regressed under her direction. Our fall teams are having a rough go. Rocco is a loser! Last season was what I posted= a weak schedule all the way up to the semi finals of the FCS playoffs where we were crushed(massacred) out West in the Dakotas. I tried to root for our team yesterday, but found myself wondering why I was continuing to view our football games after SB touched the football.
Yesterday our lbs allowed that TD and our safeties were AWOL edit- not AOL). How is that possible? Just think about it. When our biggest supporters have now turned on Rocco, well...........

I'm totally embarrassed by our FOOTBALL PROGRAM AND COACH????. How long can we continue this destruction of our old highly regarded Fighting Blue Hens' national recognition(Flacco,etc). Our fan base is being depleted weekly and we are no longer "relavent". Our former removed head coach is winning national championships while we sink into oblivion.

"I've gone past the point of caring"-name the song and group????

Each game is a new LOW in incompetence and boredom. Darn, this really hurts :(
Damn right it hurts. Do you think the administration knows or cares? I just am not so sure they do. I can’t put my finger on if, but I don’t get the vibe that it’s that big of a deal.