Rocco Replacement

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Info Hound

Re: Rocco Replacement

Post by Info Hound » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:22 pm

The mid-season sack of Brock made me optimistic at the time, but it did not follow through for the team. It will be interesting to watch what happens next. I'd like to be a fly on the wall.

UDHens419
UD Class: 2003

Post by UDHens419 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:24 pm

Info Hound wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:22 pm
The mid-season sack of Brock made me optimistic at the time, but it did not follow through for the team. It will be interesting to watch what happens next. I'd like to be a fly on the wall.
The mid season axe was Chrissy getting someone she inherited out the door. I do not think she has it in her to axe her own hire mid season.

HeHateMe
UD Class: 2000

Post by HeHateMe » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:29 pm

He's going to be renewed. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's what my gut tells me. It's hard not to when he's coming off a trip to the semi's and a coach of the year season. He also lost his starting QB. Again, I'm not saying I agree with it, but if I were a betting man I would put my money on him getting an extension.

GhostOfThePeeWall

Post by GhostOfThePeeWall » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:30 pm

Young, UD ties. Not a lot of coaching experience, but that probably would mean allowing your coordinators to, ya know, actually coordinate.

https://www.chicagobears.com/team/coaches/mike-adams

UDHens419

Post by UDHens419 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:31 pm

HeHateMe wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:29 pm
He's going to be renewed. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's what my gut tells me. It's hard not to when he's coming off a trip to the semi's and a coach of the year season. He also lost his starting QB. Again, I'm not saying I agree with it, but if I were a betting man I would put my money on him getting an extension.
💯 and ugh

Udforever1
UD Class: 1900

Post by Udforever1 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:38 pm

Info Hound wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:22 pm
Agree Info. Look I can’t fault Chrissi for the Rocco hire. She needed someone to stabilize the program. She tried. At the time I think we were all ok with Rocco. Unfortunately, it just hasn’t worked. Time to make another move. Just can’t get this one wrong.

henjet
UD Class: 1900

Post by henjet » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:42 pm

A UD guy this time

Hensfansince03
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hensfansince03 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:43 pm

UDHens419 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:31 pm
HeHateMe wrote:
💯 and ugh
If the spring season was enough for a renewal then it would have happened already. The admin would not have invested 60 million the WAC and provided Rocco with the highest salary in FCS, do you think they would have done that without the expectation to win?

Do you think Nick Saban would be renewed at 12 mil a year if they went 4 and 7 and had 2 losing seasons in 5 years?

Our admin and Chrissy made investments to WIN. The president and BOT we have expected to be top dogs in FCS by now. Rocco was the highest paid coach in FCS at Richmond and we pay him substantially more! Do you think all the donors that invested in the WAC are happy right now? Do you think they are going to jump through hoops to donate more with what the investment has returned thus far? The world runs on money and they won’t get more money in terms of attendance or donations if they continue with the garbage Rocco has produced.

Rocco’s comments about winning 9 of last 11 games despite knowing his team sucks is like a politician who knows things are going down spinning the future.

This coach is not getting it done and never will. He has been given the best situation he has ever had and has squandered it. He is old, he is bitter, and he is just collecting his 600k a year for as long as possible to dump into his retirement fund. This is a no brainer. They will act just a matter of when. The results are not in correspondence with the investment.

If Chrissy wants to be AD at a big time school she cant get there with medicore results on the field. Michigan isn’t going to hire an AD who can’t win in FCS or CAA bball. This coach is taking her money and playing her for a fool and the longer he continues the worse she looks.
Last edited by Hensfansince03 on Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.

finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:44 pm

Regardless of what happens, it's hard to believe we haven't seen more progress in Rocco's 5th season. I am of the opinion Chrissy will try to polish this turd by telling us how much progress has been made, however...i.e. 2 playoff appearances and the semi-final appearance this past spring. I'm with 79...I've gotten to the point where I really don't care that much anymore either way. It's sad, but I don't think we will ever see a return to the "glory days" of Blue Hens Football...

UDHens419

Post by UDHens419 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:50 pm

finpxz1 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:44 pm
Regardless of what happens, it's hard to believe we haven't seen more progress in Rocco's 5th season. I am of the opinion Chrissy will try to polish this turd by telling us how much progress has been made, however...i.e. 2 playoff appearances and the semi-final appearance this past spring. I'm with 79...I've gotten to the point where I really don't care that much anymore either way. It's sad, but I don't think we will ever see a return to the "glory days" of Blue Hens Football...
^^^^this.

wacko4flacco
UD Class: 1990

Post by wacko4flacco » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:56 pm

This decision is more about Chrissy than Rocco.

If I’m not mistaken, Chrissy was re upped not so long ago. However if Chrissy has ambitions of going to a Notre Dame, Michigan, Duke etc, she may make a move with Rocco.

I have to think she is high on a few lists as a replacement AD at top institutions.
Chrissi Rawak for President 2020

Hensfansince03

Post by Hensfansince03 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:58 pm

wacko4flacco wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:56 pm
This decision is more about Chrissy than Rocco.

If I’m not mistaken, Chrissy was re upped not so long ago. However if Chrissy has ambitions of going to a Notre Dame, Michigan, Duke etc, she may make a move with Rocco.

I have to think she is high on a few lists as a replacement AD at top institutions.
Rocco knows he is in trouble. He knows the team is not good and he knew this after the first game and has been preparing his defense since then with his comments.

If Chrissy wants to be AD at a big time school she cant get there with medicore results on the field. Michigan isn’t going to hire an AD who can’t win in FCS or CAA bball. This coach is taking her money and playing her for a fool and the longer he continues the worse she looks. No Big time program would hire an AD who tolerates an the results provided by an asshat like DR.
Last edited by Hensfansince03 on Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:01 pm

Hensfansince03 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:43 pm
UDHens419 wrote:
HeHateMe wrote:
💯 and ugh
If the spring season was enough for a renewal then it would have happened already. The admin would not have invested 60 million the WAC and provided Rocco with the highest salary in FCS, do you think they would have done that without the expectation to win?

Do you think Nick Saban would be renewed at 12 mil a year if they went 4 and 7 and had 2 losing seasons in 5 years?

Our admin and Chrissy made investments to WIN. The president and BOT we have expected to be top dogs in FCS by now. Rocco was the highest paid coach in FCS at Richmond and we pay him substantially more! Do you think all the donors that invested in the WAC are happy right now? Do you think they are going to jump through hoops to donate more with what the investment has returned thus far? The world runs on money and they won’t get more money in terms of attendance or donations if they continue with the garbage Rocco has produced.

Rocco’s comments about winning 9 of last 11 games despite knowing his team sucks is like a politician who knows things are going down spinning the future.

This coach is not getting it done and never will. He has been given the best situation he has ever had and has squandered it. He is old, he is bitter, and he is just collecting his 600k a year for as long as possible to dump into his retirement fund. This is a no brainer. They will act just a matter of when. The results are not in correspondence with the investment.

If Chrissy wants to be AD at a big time school she cant get there with medicore results on the field. Michigan isn’t going to hire an AD who can’t win in FCS or CAA bball. This coach is taking her money and playing her for a fool and the longer he continues the worse she looks.
You're comparing UD and Rocco to Alabama and Nick Saban?? I don't disagree that Rocco is not getting it done. I just think he will still get renewed.

Hensfansince03

Post by Hensfansince03 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:05 pm

HeHateMe wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:01 pm
Hensfansince03 wrote:
UDHens419 wrote:

💯 and ugh

You're comparing UD and Rocco to Alabama and Nick Saban?? I don't disagree that Rocco is not getting it done. I just think he will still get renewed.
I AM Saban is highest paid coach in FBS. Rocco is highest paid coach in FCS. When you make the most money in your entire profession you are expected to produce more than all other coaches who are paid less then you. The people who are highest paid are expected to back it up in any profession at any level.

HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:10 pm

Hensfansince03 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:05 pm
HeHateMe wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:01 pm
Hensfansince03 wrote:

I AM Saban is highest paid coach in FBS. Rocco is highest paid coach in FCS. When you make the most money in your entire profession you are expected to produce more than all other coaches who are paid less then you. The people who are highest paid are expected to back it up in any profession at any level.
So you're saying that he won't get renewed?