Rocco Replacement

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Hensfansince03
UD Class: 2007

Re: Rocco Replacement

Post by Hensfansince03 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:11 pm

HeHateMe wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:10 pm
Hensfansince03 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:05 pm
HeHateMe wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:01 pm

You're comparing UD and Rocco to Alabama and Nick Saban?? I don't disagree that Rocco is not getting it done. I just think he will still get renewed.
I AM Saban is highest paid coach in FBS. Rocco is highest paid coach in FCS. When you make the most money in your entire profession you are expected to produce more than all other coaches who are paid less then you. The people who are highest paid are expected to back it up in any profession at any level.
So you're saying that he won't get renewed?
He will not be renewed if he does not have a winning record. Why do you think he would? The people we have in charge right now care and they are not stupid. If Ziady was still here and Brock was producing this level I would be skeptical. Too much money invested to keep this crap. If they had decided they were going to renew without taking this season into consideration they would have already. Our boosters are not happy.
Last edited by Hensfansince03 on Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HeHateMe
UD Class: 2000

Post by HeHateMe » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:13 pm

We shall see. I feel like we're saying the same thing kinda. We both feel like he is undeserving of an extension. I just think the person/people who will actually make that decision will decide to extend him.

Screaming Chicken
UD Class: 0

Post by Screaming Chicken » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:35 pm

I am so over the bad football we’ve been subjected to! Not only is it bad but it’s boring to watch. It’s time to get someone in here that will make Delaware football relevant again! Please go down to Texas and tell Ryan Carty it’s time to come home. I want a guy that has Delaware roots in here! Please stop this train wreck! I’ve been a season ticket holder for about 25 years and it just isn’t fun to go down to the games.

In my beast sarcastic voice, “I can’t wait to get the begesus kicked out of us next week against JMU!” I’m not looking forward to seeing next weeks game…and for that matter the rest of the season and that’s a shame.

UDHens419
UD Class: 2003

Post by UDHens419 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:45 pm

Screaming Chicken wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:35 pm
I am so over the bad football we’ve been subjected to! Not only is it bad but it’s boring to watch. It’s time to get someone in here that will make Delaware football relevant again! Please go down to Texas and tell Ryan Carty it’s time to come home. I want a guy that has Delaware roots in here! Please stop this train wreck! I’ve been a season ticket holder for about 25 years and it just isn’t fun to go down to the games.

In my beast sarcastic voice, “I can’t wait to get the begesus kicked out of us next week against JMU!” I’m not looking forward to seeing next weeks game…and for that matter the rest of the season and that’s a shame.
Amen!!!! Do you think the admin will listen to the few passionate fans that are left? I really hope so… we still have 4 home games which if we didn’t suck would be awesome two of them I think we are gonna get the snot kicked
Out of us. Do we even have a QB to stand up back there next week? 😟

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:08 pm

Why Ryan Carty?
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:18 pm

finpxz1 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:44 pm
Regardless of what happens, it's hard to believe we haven't seen more progress in Rocco's 5th season. I am of the opinion Chrissy will try to polish this turd by telling us how much progress has been made, however...i.e. 2 playoff appearances and the semi-final appearance this past spring. I'm with 79...I've gotten to the point where I really don't care that much anymore either way. It's sad, but I don't think we will ever see a return to the "glory days" of Blue Hens Football...
Chrissi will tell us we are a victim of recent success. Really now, be realistic, you can’t expect to win so much all the time.

(This type of excuse is popular these days)
Chemical Engineering UD ‘81

Hengrad07

Post by Hengrad07 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:36 pm

I’ll say it…

I don’t like Rocco even a little bit! I hope Rawak listens to her coach speak on the radio! Rocco was brutal in both pre-game & post-game interviews on the radio! I hope parents begin to tape the interviews & share them with their sons! He takes NO responsibilities for losing!

When the Hens are getting blown out next week, instead of #F_JoeBiden chants, it should be… Fire Coach Rocco!
#GoHens

Hensfansince03

Post by Hensfansince03 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:40 pm

Hengrad07 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:36 pm
I’ll say it…

I don’t like Rocco even a little bit! I hope Rawak listens to her coach speak on the radio! Rocco was brutal in both pre-game & post-game interviews on the radio! I hope parents begin to tape the interviews & share them with their sons! He takes NO responsibilities for losing!

When the Hens are getting blown out next week, instead of #F_JoeBiden chants, it should be… Fire Coach Rocco!
Rocco shouldn’t be coach next week. Maybe an assistant can take over, open things up, and provide a spark.

77HEN

Post by 77HEN » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:43 pm

Someone should make Coach go out there at QB for a snap that’s live for the count of three. See what he thinks of it.

Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:05 pm

77HEN wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:43 pm
Someone should make Coach go out there at QB for a snap that’s live for the count of three. See what he thinks of it.
Exactly... never understood his criticism of Henderson, he was the only chance this team had
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

77HEN

Post by 77HEN » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:39 pm

Caribbean Hen wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:05 pm
77HEN wrote:
Exactly... never understood his criticism of Henderson, he was the only chance this team had
And, as HZ has confirmed to us multiple times, coach was working to make Nolan more of a pocket passer who took some more time to check his options. Can you believe that?. I hope Pribula is ok after having to run out of bounds for his life.

Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:45 pm

77HEN wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:39 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:05 pm
77HEN wrote:
And, as HZ has confirmed to us multiple times, coach was working to make Nolan more of a pocket passer who took some more time to check his options. Can you believe that?. I hope Pribula is ok after having to run out of bounds for his life.
Tough spot to come in for your first collegiate play, but he showed he has the ability to avoid being sacked. Looked like he was holding his hand after that play

Colby made tackle late in 4th and ran off field, looked like he might have tweaked something

henjet
UD Class: 1900

Post by henjet » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:13 am

I don't buy into the excuse they are worn down c'mon they are 18-21 years old. I do believe the coach su*** he was a bad hire from the beginning, don't think the ad has the guts to fire him mid season. I would think the stands will start to look empty after next weekend or a lot more people will stay out and tailgate,might even bring a tv and watch some real football.

Redcoat
UD Class: 1900

Post by Redcoat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:29 am

GhostOfThePeeWall wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:30 pm
Young, UD ties. Not a lot of coaching experience, but that probably would mean allowing your coordinators to, ya know, actually coordinate.

https://www.chicagobears.com/team/coaches/mike-adams
First post in a while. I love the spirit behind this idea since Pops bled Blue and Gold and was great fun to watch, but the man has only been coaching since February if I’m not mistaken. If you are looking at the NFL pipeline surely someone like Carty would be your man? Would he come though?

bct2000
UD Class: 1990

Post by bct2000 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:35 am

UDHens419 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:47 pm
hoopster wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:44 pm
We just made the national semi finals in the spring. I don’t understand what happened from then to now. Danny just didn’t forget how to coach. So why are we underperforming?
Because that was not a real season it was half A$$ed by most teams. We weren’t that great we just were made to look a little better based on the situation. Losing Henderson also has not helped. He was a big play maker and It shows
+1 It's become increasingly obvious that last spring was fool's gold. There simply was not the committment to that spring season that there would be in a normal season.