Add or subtract- coaches you want to interview

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
wacko4flacco
UD Class: 1990

Add or subtract- coaches you want to interview

Post by wacko4flacco » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:44 am

Let’s have some fun. Here is a quick list I would look at:

* Matt mitchell grand valley state
* Bill zwaan west Chester
* Nathan Brown central Arkansas
* Jay HILL WEBER STATE
* Brian Bohannon Kennesaw State
* Ryan Carty SHSU
* Shawn lutz slippery rock
* Bryan Stinespring UD

I don’t think Rocco is going anywhere, but hey…..
Chrissi Rawak for President 2020

rooneyguy
UD Class: 1988

Re: Add or subtract- coaches you want to interview

Post by rooneyguy » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:56 am

I notice that Stinespring is the Assistant Head Coach. Was he brought in with the understanding that Rocco would retire at the end of his contract?

jcaruch
UD Class: 1991

Post by jcaruch » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:04 pm

Dave Cohen - Wake Forest
Warren Ruggiero - WF
Lyle Hemphill - WF
Paul Williams - WF

Not sure if the top three would take a pay cut to come, but they as well as Paul are all either UD grads or previous coaches here. Cohen should've gotten the job when Brock was hired.

Info Hound

Post by Info Hound » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm

rooneyguy wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:56 am
I notice that Stinespring is the Assistant Head Coach. Was he brought in with the understanding that Rocco would retire at the end of his contract?
PM'd you.

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1980

Post by HENJOHN » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:17 pm

It's nice to dream but I'm pretty sure Coach Rocco will be back after this season. Sure hope Gwynn and Pribula are ok to play next weekend and that we come ready to let if fly against JMU.
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

Info Hound

Post by Info Hound » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:20 pm

HENJOHN wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:17 pm
It's nice to dream but I'm pretty sure Coach Rocco will be back after this season. Sure hope Gwynn and Pribula are ok to play next weekend and that we come ready to let if fly against JMU.
To those that have been saying the CAA is not real good, yesterday proved that point. JMU is not special. Unfortunately, neither are we. So, who knows...

wacko4flacco
UD Class: 1990

Post by wacko4flacco » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:24 pm

HENJOHN wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:17 pm
Yep you are likely right, however a losing record would not make it an easy decision. And a losing record is now looking likely
Chrissi Rawak for President 2020

Udforever1
UD Class: 1900

Post by Udforever1 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:57 pm

Just a few names without doing much research. Don’t care about a UD guy, a guy who is going to stay here forever, etc. Honestly at this point I’d prefer someone who wants to use UD as a stepping stone and do whatever is needed to just win.

Joe Harasmyiak- Makes $340k so a Rocco salary of $600k plus would do.

Sean Gleeson- Pipe dream. Makes a million at Rutgers so would need to really want to be a head coach.

Bob Chesney- Has won at Holy Cross which had been pretty impossible to do.

Brett Bohannon is intriguing. Has only ever run the triple option but so had Mike Houston before going to JMU.

Unfortunately, none of this probably matters as I’m sure Rocco will still be around next year.

93BlueHen
UD Class: 1993

Post by 93BlueHen » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:33 pm

What's the name of that SHSU coach? The one who won the championship last season and has his team at #1 again right now?
Delaware Football: 1889-2012

Udforever1

Post by Udforever1 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:37 pm

93BlueHen wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:33 pm
What's the name of that SHSU coach? The one who won the championship last season and has his team at #1 again right now?
Well yeah, I think that’s become the obvious. But won’t happen.

UDFootballFan

Post by UDFootballFan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:52 pm

Let’s add another DE guy with an offensive mind from the KC era…. Kirk Ciarrocca.

He’s an OA at WVU right now

Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:25 pm

UDFootballFan wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:52 pm
Let’s add another DE guy with an offensive mind from the KC era…. Kirk Ciarrocca.

He’s an OA at WVU right now
I like it… thought going to work for the nut case in state college was a bad idea 🙄
#GoHens

Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:47 pm

I nominate tenn hen for the UD head coach position.

That way, if some azzclown poster publicly posts that he found out where tenn hen worked, and posts initials of that place, we'd all already know and it wouldn't be a psychotic invasion of someone's privacy by a deranged control freak.
I went by the Tub today, and the theme song to the Titanic was playing over the speakers.

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:32 am

Cluck U wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:47 pm
I nominate tenn hen for the UD head coach position.

That way, if some azzclown poster publicly posts that he found out where tenn hen worked, and posts initials of that place, we'd all already know and it wouldn't be a psychotic invasion of someone's privacy by a deranged control freak.
I humbly decline your proposition :lol: :lol: :lol: thanks for your kind thought :wink: :wink:
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens