Where do we go from here

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
UDFootballFan
UD Class: 1900

Where do we go from here

Post by UDFootballFan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:37 am

Mid-season….playing terrible, what changes can we make before the JMU game?

I would’ve left Rocco in Long Island & given reigns over to coordinator to run the program until a replacement is found.

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1980

Re: Where do we go from here

Post by HENJOHN » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:39 am

Start Coaching and playing with more Pride when wearing a Delaware uniform. Just like Colby Reeder did yesterday.
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

wacko4flacco
UD Class: 1990

Post by wacko4flacco » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:44 am

Give every qb on the roster a chance to see what they can do. And by that I mean let them play a full game, stop the wildcat nonsense and switching all the time and let them play.

Having said that, do some thinking about who is best prepared right now to play JMU, and that may NOT be the best long term qb fix.

And for goodness sakes please have a minimum of 4 down lineman on defense every play the rest of the season.

Blitz 5x more than you are comfortable doing.

Make sure pitts gets a minimum of 10 touches every game
Chrissi Rawak for President 2020

VA hen
UD Class: 2022

Post by VA hen » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:21 pm

I would also look at a lot of the players. we have some really good performers and we all know who they are. There are also players out there that are just ok and not adding much to the game. It is time to get others a chance to prove themselves in the games.

dovetail
UD Class: 1966

Post by dovetail » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:51 am

Where do we go from here? One word - down!

77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:14 am

Good question. It seemed the team went from an early over confidence into frustration. The leg flip by Trainer for 15 was way out of character. There were a lot of penalties in the game compared to how they’ve performed. The play at the end by Townsend seems to have been out of frustration also. He always showed good decision making before, and good hands. Do the players still have confidence in each other and the coach? This is the time that will test the team’s character. It seems there will be rough sledding ahead, we will see what they have.
Chemical Engineering UD ‘81

dovetail
UD Class: 1966

Post by dovetail » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:18 am

That was the first fumbled punt he has
had in two seasons.

Section J
UD Class: 1983

Post by Section J » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:22 am

wacko4flacco wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:44 am
stop the wildcat nonsense and switching all the time and let them play.
:roll: Are you aware of how successful the plays out of the single wing set have been this season?
“I don't want everyone to like me; I should think less of myself if some people did.”― Henry James

Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:40 am

With Rocco's contract already renewed (Chrissie, seriously, what were you thinking?) we are stuck with the guy for another couple years. This reminds me of the contract extension given to our previous basketball coach, Ross. Ugh.

On to JMU.

Win the tailgate. :lol:
I went by the Tub today, and the theme song to the Titanic was playing over the speakers.

77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:44 am

Cluck U wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:40 am
With Rocco's contract already renewed (Chrissie, seriously, what were you thinking?) we are stuck with the guy for another couple years. This reminds me of the contract extension given to our previous basketball coach, Ross. Ugh.

On to JMU.

True? I didn’t see that reported. But not surprised. I still want him to take a snap behind center and experience the pain.
Chemical Engineering UD ‘81

Udforever1

Post by Udforever1 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:59 am

Cluck U wrote:

On to JMU.

That’s been my biggest fear and speculation. That a contract extension was already signed and just kept hush hush. I didn’t think there was anyway they’d let him go into the season as a lame duck coach.

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1980

Post by HENJOHN » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:00 am

Udforever1 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:59 am
Cluck U wrote:

On to JMU.

That’s been my biggest fear and speculation. That a contract extension was already signed and just kept hush hush. I didn’t think there was anyway they’d let him go into the season as a lame duck coach.
Good points Coach. I'm sure some announcement will be coming
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:05 am

Udforever1 wrote:
Cluck U wrote:

On to JMU.

Why would they have kept it hush hush? Back in August you could've still been riding high off of the spring season, no one would've raised a lot of fuss about an extension. Now, if there really has been an extension, you'll draw the ire of folks who are tired of paying as much as we do for what's basically a mediocre football program, and a not-fun-to-watch one either.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

Udforever1

Post by Udforever1 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:13 am

Gannonfan wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:05 am
Udforever1 wrote:
Cluck U wrote:

On to JMU.

Why would they have kept it hush hush? Back in August you could've still been riding high off of the spring season, no one would've raised a lot of fuss about an extension. Now, if there really has been an extension, you'll draw the ire of folks who are tired of paying as much as we do for what's basically a mediocre football program, and a not-fun-to-watch one either.
My only reasoning is due to COVID and UD crying poor from them losing money. Doesn’t make a ton of sense to say hey we lost a bunch of money but here’s a nice new contract for our football coach. Total speculation.

I completely agree, you announce a 2-3 year extension back in July after the spring season and I think most are ok with it. Now the pitchforks will be out, and rightfully so.

Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:48 am

UD does what UD does.

Anyone familiar with what's goin on down in SFA? Regents gave a contract raise to the President while everyone else was taking a pay cut. Now the pitchforks are out...students and faculty demanding the Pres step down (even after he gave the raise back - after hearing the backlash). :lol:

Well, UD just got done laying off off a ton of part-time positions and adjunct professors...and also making everyone take a pay cut...due to revenue, "losses" from Covid's impact. UD is also facing multiple lawsuits from students demanding tuition/fees reimbursement because UD didn't deliver on their education experience promises. Courts, so far, have rightfully allowed the cases to go forward, despite UD's objections.

Funny thing, though. UD got a boatload of money in federal bailouts...and with the accounting tricks that were used to quantify the ridiculously inaccurate and inflated, "losses", UD is not suffering.

So, yeah...giving a contract extension/raise to a football (FOOTBALL!) coach would certainly cause the collective souls of academia to lose their minds.

We'll see if this rumor comes true. I've heard from many sources (which shall not be named...sorry Henzone, anonymity has it's place). Such is life living in Newark amongst the well connected rumor control hotline folks. :lol:
I went by the Tub today, and the theme song to the Titanic was playing over the speakers.