No CAA Tourney Discussion?

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
BlueHenBill

No CAA Tourney Discussion?

Post by BlueHenBill » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:00 am

No CAA Tourney discussion? I am shocked! I guess the 5 weeks without any games killed interest which has shifted to what darthdave terms small time college Football in which he professes minimal interest.

Info Hound

Re: No CAA Tourney Discussion?

Post by Info Hound » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:20 pm

Last edited by Info Hound on Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:32 pm

Info Hound wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:20 pm
DELETE
Info Hound, Delete you! My post was made before the game started. When was the last time that there were no postings about UD Men's Basketball before any game much less a CAA Tourney game? Probably never.

darthdave
UD Class: 1993

Post by darthdave » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:42 pm

BlueHenBill wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:00 am
No CAA Tourney discussion? I am shocked! I guess the 5 weeks without any games killed interest which has shifted to what darthdave terms small time college Football in which he professes minimal interest.
Bill....are you ok? 🙄🙄

.not sure why my name was needed for this post. The reality is that UD football is mid major just like UD hoops. I’m more of a basketball fan so of course I’m going to follow and support the hoops team.

IMO I like that they have the opportunity to play in the dance against the best versus UD FB playing in FCS playoffs. again, just my opinion. Doesn’t mean those who prefer FCS are wrong. I watched the Maine game yesterday but probably will never be fully vested until they go FBS (which will probably be never).

Udforever1
UD Class: 1900

Post by Udforever1 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:44 pm

I’m sure not playing for 5 weeks had nothing to do with it Bill.

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:01 pm

darthdave wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:42 pm
BlueHenBill wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:00 am
Bill....are you ok? 🙄🙄

.not sure why my name was needed for this post. The reality is that UD football is mid major just like UD hoops. I’m more of a basketball fan so of course I’m going to follow and support the hoops team.

IMO I like that they have the opportunity to play in the dance against the best versus UD FB playing in FCS playoffs. again, just my opinion. Doesn’t mean those who prefer FCS are wrong. I watched the Maine game yesterday but probably will never be fully vested until they go FBS (which will probably be never).
darthdave, I used your name in this post because I found it very unusual that you hadn't posted about UD Men's Basketball in advance of today's CAA Tourney game. I was trying to humorously suggest that maybe you were so taken with yesterday's FB win that perhaps you now favor UD FB over UD Basketball. I fully respect that you are more passionate for Basketball over FB even though I prefer FB.

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:05 pm

Udforever1 wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:44 pm
I’m sure not playing for 5 weeks had nothing to do with it Bill.
UDforever, Maybe you are correct. Do you have any explanation as to why there were no pre-game postings about the UD Men's Basketball CAA Tourney game? Unusual isn't it

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:40 pm

This thread could go bye-bye in my book

Info Hound

Post by Info Hound » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:42 pm

I've deleted my rude comment.

Having not seen the team play for 5 weeks probably led to a lack of discussion. As posted elsewhere, this season was just a mess from the beginning.

That said, I look forward to attending games in the fall, and any time the A.D wants to put ticket renewals on sale, I'm in .

But yes, let's end it here.