CAA Men's Tournament - Hofstra

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
BlueHenBill

Re: CAA Men's Tournament - Hofstra

Post by BlueHenBill » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:04 pm

Drexel's performance against Charleston was the opposite of UD's vs. Hofstra. Drexel shot the lights out while UD struggled with its shooting. :( I dislike Elon the least of the remaining teams so i guess I'll have to pull for Elon.

CapeHen
UD Class: 2019

Post by CapeHen » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:42 pm

BlueHenBill wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:59 pm
CapeHen wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:57 pm
As much as I’d love to have our seniors back for one more year, I’m sure they’ve had just about enough and are ready for something fresh and new. This past year has to have been so hard on everyone, but them in particular.

If the opportunity presents itself, I’d love to see them get a chance to play for a bigger program. Much like Mutts has done.

Normally I’d never encourage that but this group deserves it IMO.
Capehen, I couldn't disagree more. They probably will get "opportunities" (i.e., encouraged to join the portal to transfer by 3rd party intermediaries) to play in more prominent programs If they still want to play college basketball, I'd love to see them back at UD. Did you see Anderson's post-game comments quoted on the other thread? That loyalty to UD is what i like to hear.
I did see his words postgame and loved it, although I was surprised. Maybe I’m just scarred from what has happened over the past few years.

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:57 pm

CapeHen wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:42 pm
BlueHenBill wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:59 pm
CapeHen wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:57 pm
As much as I’d love to have our seniors back for one more year, I’m sure they’ve had just about enough and are ready for something fresh and new. This past year has to have been so hard on everyone, but them in particular.

If the opportunity presents itself, I’d love to see them get a chance to play for a bigger program. Much like Mutts has done.

Normally I’d never encourage that but this group deserves it IMO.
Capehen, I couldn't disagree more. They probably will get "opportunities" (i.e., encouraged to join the portal to transfer by 3rd party intermediaries) to play in more prominent programs If they still want to play college basketball, I'd love to see them back at UD. Did you see Anderson's post-game comments quoted on the other thread? That loyalty to UD is what i like to hear.
I did see his words postgame and loved it, although I was surprised. Maybe I’m just scarred from what has happened over the past few years.
CapeHen, Like you, I and and most of us are scarred by the transfers out over the past few years and fearful that it will keep happening for all UD sports. I am not saying that Anderson may not change his mind and transfer as may others. We just have to keep hoping for the best and that the coaches plan for the worst. Give me the former rules when transferring out was an unlikely possibility and we only had to worry about injuries, quitters, and academic/behavioral casualties.

Info Hound

Post by Info Hound » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:57 pm

Speaking of Hofstra - forget about it.

Elon looked great, 76-58. Good for them.

dovetail
UD Class: 1966

Post by dovetail » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:28 am

And Drexel goes to the Dance :shock:

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:41 am

dovetail wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:28 am
And Drexel goes to the Dance :shock:
Strange season indeed :shock:

UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:39 am

Drexel seen as No. 15 seed in latest bracket projection:

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story ... acketology

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:37 pm

The high expectations of a CAA Championship for UD Men's Basketball in the 2020-2021 season dashed by the departures of Darling & Mutts and covid-19. :( Ithiel Horton did fairly well in his first season playing for Pitt - https://pittsburghpanthers.com/sports/m ... ball/stats . Mutts did farily well at Va Tech - https://pittsburghpanthers.com/sports/m ... ball/stats .