Journey Thompson joins UD WBB

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
rooneyguy
UD Class: 1988

Journey Thompson joins UD WBB

Post by rooneyguy » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:35 pm

6'2" center commits to UD WBB.

Henzone

Re: Journey Thompson joins UD WBB

Post by Henzone » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:34 pm

rooneyguy wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:35 pm
JMU had offered !

Udforever1
UD Class: 1900

Post by Udforever1 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:39 pm

25 offers. Wisconsin, Umass, JMU and UNCW to name a few. Seems like a nice pickup.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/12236348/Journey-Thompson

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:54 am

rooneyguy wrote:
Udforever1 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:39 pm
25 offers. Wisconsin, Umass, JMU and UNCW to name a few. Seems like a nice pickup.

+1 -

I viewed several other sites as well. She appears to possess a nice jumper which is quite an asset for a 6'2" female center. NA and staff are adding more pieces. congrats.

welcome J - hope your Journey is a successful career with our Lady Blue Hens!
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:41 am

Release point is pretty low. Needs some coaching. Not expecting a early impact.

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:46 am

jd of de wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:41 am
We'll have Tenn work with her this summer. Just keep him away from the football office.

tenn hen

Post by tenn hen » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:06 am

We'll have Tenn work with her this summer. Just keep him away from the football office.
[/quote]

It appears Henzone's obsession with ME and any post of mine( even if it is positive ) seems to be a violation of the gohens code about personal attacks???
I would hope that one of our administrators would remove his demeaning comments and admonish him to behave in an adult manner on our board in all of his posts toward our posters.

It's about time that this action should be taken!

carpe diem all

tenn hen

Post by tenn hen » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:34 am

jd of de wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:41 am
JD- thanks. just checked to view her release point on the jumper. viewed an article in pittsburghsportsnow.com. that has a perfect still pic of her jumper with a high release and nice height off the floor(2019) I'm not nitpicking but thought I'd respond for FYI purposes.

checked another more recent video, and you are correct about the low release though a few other jumpers in the video had higher POF. Not sure if she has regressed in her form. Either way, you are correct that it is clearly a coachable area of improvement by our staff.

As to an early impact at UD- I assume it's too early to determine. BTW- do you know if Lizzie is returning for an extra year?

this is the type of discussion that makes this site fun

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:22 pm

All in good fun Tenn. :lol: Kates just finished their bar renovation. Next time in Newark I'll buy you a beer there and arrange for you to park in the CEO's old parking spot out front. Sorry but you're still not welcome back in the football office quite yet.

I would think you would be doing back flips with UD beating out some name schools to get Journey.

Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:22 am

Udforever1 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:39 pm

WOW! She has a complete game with serious skills.

I'm very excited for the future of this program. Tish is a superior recruiter and its showing.
Delaware Football- 2021 Spring CAA Champions!

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:00 am

Also committed:
Bri Bowen
5’10” Shooting Guard
Archbishop Wood

Looks like a solid wing to me. Can play 2, 3 or even 4 spots.

Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:24 am

rooneyguy wrote:
Let's hope she sticks around and doesn't turn into a Journeywoman.

I'll be here all week...be sure to tip your servers, folks.
Nice run, Hens! :D

tenn hen

Post by tenn hen » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:05 am

Henzone wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:22 pm
All in good fun Tenn. :lol: Kates just finished their bar renovation. Next time in Newark I'll buy you a beer there and arrange for you to park in the CEO's old parking spot out front. Sorry but you're still not welcome back in the football office quite yet.

I would think you would be doing back flips with UD beating out some name schools to get Journey.

Good morning HZ- How about I play your consistent little game of ugliness :P

A) nothing is good fun with you involved :P

B) I wouldn't accept a beer from you until Hell freezes over. :P one exception=Brew Dog's "the END of HISTORY" created by a Scottish Brewery. :lol: :lol:

C) I'm sure you buddy up with all the present administrators and select coaches as you walk the hallowed halls of the Bob and search for insights you can brag about for admiration :P

D) not interested in the football office.* Since your reference to that specific office goes back to one day in my life, I thought I might inform our gohens about that "fateful" :lol: morning. My wife and I had traveled up from TN. to catch a couple of games and visit with lots of old friends and relatives. My schedule allowed me time to go to the Bob in hopes of meeting a few coaches if time permitted. I was fortunate enough to be welcomed in and chat with a number of the head coaches. I was thoroughly impressed with their openness and excited for our teams. The lone exception was the football secretary who asked if I had an appointment. She said it would be impossible to see him. I was disappointed but moved on. HZ- How in the world you would be consumed by this subject over all these years is incomprehensible to me. What's your beef? Why can't you let it go? is the answer that you find me( and my posts) a challenge to your self image as the bastion of all UD sports knowledge? I don't know you or want to. A number of others here find you as despicable as I do and wish you would disappear.

E) how could you interpret that I wasn't thrilled by the recruit we signed? From my post about Journey, it was obvious I was more than pleased by her opting to join our Blue Hen family UD just as our other guys posted after me. Here are my comments"

+1 -

I viewed several other sites as well. She appears to possess a nice jumper which is quite an asset for a 6'2" female center. NA and staff are adding more pieces. congrats.

welcome J - hope your Journey is a successful career with our Lady Blue Hens!
[/quote]

Udforever1
UD Class: 1900

Post by Udforever1 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:33 am

jd of de wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:00 am
Also committed:
Bri Bowen
5’10” Shooting Guard
Archbishop Wood

Nice. They usually have a pipeline going to Drexel. Nice to break that up.

Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:05 am

Udforever1 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:33 am
jd of de wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:00 am
Also committed:
Bri Bowen
5’10” Shooting Guard
Archbishop Wood

Nice. They usually have a pipeline going to Drexel. Nice to break that up.
That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the HS!
Delaware Football- 2021 Spring CAA Champions!