Are we ready to jump up?

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
jd of de

Re: Are we ready to jump up?

Post by jd of de »

Does anyone actually believe that our AD would put her time, her staff’s time and Athletic Department money into moving up, without at least taking the BOT’s temperature on the subject?

I do not and believe the BOT’s blessing has probably already been received. IMO seeking a FBS conference invite started with all the decision-makers getting on the same page prior to any outreach to any conference. We now know that’s pretty much how the Whitney project worked.

The approval of the CAA exit fee and FBS entrance fee has probably already been approved. And discussions about CUSA, MAC, Sun Belt and American finances are already known by the President, BOT and others.
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 »

Not thrilled with the CUSA opponents, but better than the slop in the CAA currently & it will only get worse!

The real question is will we continue to lose to villanova with 85 scholarships vs their 63?
#JustWinBaby
dovetail
UD Class: 1966

Post by dovetail »

Tubby did it to them enough times.
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

Hengrad07 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:51 am Not thrilled with the CUSA opponents, but better than the slop in the CAA currently & it will only get worse!

The real question is will we continue to lose to villanova with 85 scholarships vs their 63?
My question is this: what role did UD play in bringing the “slop” in to the CAA? I suspect UD was a willing and eager partner in much of it. But, let’s cut and run now and get out as soon as we can.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Warrior Hen wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:31 pm An invite to the CUSA would be a good thing for Delaware.
Does Delaware have an invite from CUSA?
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk »

jd of de wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:34 am Does anyone actually believe that our AD would put her time, her staff’s time and Athletic Department money into moving up, without at least taking the BOT’s temperature on the subject?
I agree. But have you ever heard the AD specifically mention CUSA? If you think the BOT has ok’d a blanket move you may be disappointed.
UD to FBS. I never thought I’d see the day
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

We'll be sure to wake you up Bill when the Press Conference is announced!!
Maddog@76
UD Class: 1976

Post by Maddog@76 »

Some what off point, but I find it ironic that at our FCS level that if a UD coach goes 5-6 everyone wants to fire our coach; but at the FBS level- you get awarded with an awesome bowl game. The fickle finger of faith.
Steve1981
UD Class: 1981

Post by Steve1981 »

jd of de wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:55 pm
smith79jordan wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:06 pm

Distance | A Jax State superfan named Whup came up with a pod system that might ease the burden of travel. There's a scheduling formula you can put in place, though I'm not smart enough to calculate it for you. This, in no way, has been guaranteed by CUSA, but a pod system could look something like this:

West: NM State, UTEP, Sam Houston, LaTech
Central: Jax State, Kennesaw, MTSU, WKU
East: UMass, Delaware, Liberty, FIU
Welcome Mr Smith.

Back when the CAA was at 12 teams and stretched from central Maine to central North Carolina, there was a 3-pod scheduling system. It worked well.

Tell your friend Mr Whup to drop UMass and insert Missouri State. From what I’m hearing, those are the two most likely CUSA adds.

I also hear the MAC and UMass are talking, but the MAC and Delaware no longer are, but were talking. I think they told us “not now”. All of that is from a single source, so I’m not taking it all as gospel.
Heard UMass is planning on a MAC move in 1-3 years. Nothing about you guys, except and take it with a grain of salt. Delaware was ready to jump before the 5M fee. Don't know if CUSA is offering you guys help with their departed member pool.
topstraight
UD Class: 1909

Post by topstraight »

NO help coming from CUSA--other than stretching any CUSA fees out over a number of years.

All these posts are just rumors.

Much Respect to UMASS Steve--but nobody knows for sure.
InvestedHenFan
UD Class: 1988

Post by InvestedHenFan »

Thoughts on attendance at game today? Expected? Or surprisingly low?
Roger_Podacter
UD Class: 1995

Post by Roger_Podacter »

I sit in the East Stands. Was a really low turnout, but that's kind of expected for this weekends playoffs.

West Stands looked about half full? Nooo one in the South endzone (Student section).
InvestedHenFan
UD Class: 1988

Post by InvestedHenFan »

For some reason, seemed even less-maybe some left at half? I looked at gate attendance from last year playoff game(4629) last home playoff game(1st round) against Lehigh(2010) 14k
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

Anyway, back to the title of this thread:

If the opportunity is there, take it!
#JUST WIN