Game Thread: Montana

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
InvestedHenFan
UD Class: 1988

Re: Game Thread: Montana

Post by InvestedHenFan »

Montana is the better team as expected- Hens are who we thought they are-homage to Denny Green- kids will hopefully play for Delaware pride rest of way

its been a nice ride in FCS/1-AA through the years- not sure about the future-but will hope for the best- likely the coaches and team was a bit distracted by the FBS news this week- reminds me of UD at McNeese st- 28 years ago to the day- see ya next year- Go Hens!
hensfan40yrs

Post by hensfan40yrs »

35-6 halftime, which team is moving up again?
Los Angeles Harballers
hoopster
UD Class: 1993

Post by hoopster »

Are we this bad or is Montana this good?
GO BIG BLUE!
bluehens2005
UD Class: 2005

Post by bluehens2005 »

chapelstwasted wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:19 pm No contract extension for Carty. A real FBS coaching staff Is going to be needed.
One can hope but ummm yeah.
bluehens2005

Post by bluehens2005 »

hoopster wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:32 pm Are we this bad or is Montana this good?
We are bad. Montana is pretty good problem is the Midwest and west play ball like we used to. The players are just better.
Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 »

Well, switching to reruns of Bonanza or watching Saturday Night Fever again.
Firstand10BlueHens

Post by Firstand10BlueHens »

Our D looks totally lost - so I don't think its just a lack of players. I've been a big Rojas fan overall, but against good teams, we just get man handled.
beancounter
UD Class: 1976

Post by beancounter »

hoopster wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:32 pm Are we this bad or is Montana this good?
Both
Proud to be a f@&king Blue Hen!
Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan »

Hensfansince03 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:23 pm
Randy Marsh wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:18 pm Well gents it was a decent enough season but clearly a lot of work needs to happen before we go to FBS if we want to be even half **** competitive. Starting with Carty relinquishing OC control?....
Lots of needs. OC, DC, Special teams coaches. Upgrades on OL, DL, safety. We bring back a lot of players from an inexperienced team but not many all-conference or all Americans. Lots of work to do. We are a mediocre FCS team and not ready to compete at FBS level at all. 22 extra scholarships to fill for FBS, who do we recruit?
Mediocre? Come on, it's fair to say that we aren't where we want to be, but this is a program that has won 17 games in the past two years, have won playoff games in successive seasons, and is vastly more successful than we've been in a decade. Yeah, tonight sucks and we aren't a national title contender, but we're an above average FCS team. Heck, that's what people have been complaining about, all these FCS teams we play and beat are the truly mediocre ones.

Time to start the transition, time to start bringing in more and more talent, but what we're doing right is building some resilience and a winning culture. There will be better nights than tonight, the future's pretty bright. Stay off the bridges tonight and take a deep breath.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
hoopster
UD Class: 1993

Post by hoopster »

Feel bad for the diehards who paid a lot of money to watch this disaster in person!
GO BIG BLUE!
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 »

UDFootballFan wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:30 pm Our D has showed up & our offense is still in Newark. 6 plays for -1 yard.

We need a true OC going forward
6-35 😬
#JustWinBaby
Brookside kid hen
UD Class: 1987

Post by Brookside kid hen »

No doubt that we are going to have to recruit very good HS kids and hit the transfer portal hard to upgrade the talent level from where we are now. Is Carty the coach to get that done? I think he can be, I think that he's going to get a lot of leeway to try, so let's get behind him in this effort to make the upgrades that are needed. This is a rude end to our time in the FCS playoffs, but we are just outmatched tonight, by Montana and the weather. Still a really good year as far as I'm concerned, onward and hopefully upwards.
Hensfansince03
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hensfansince03 »

jd of de wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:27 pm I swear if I didn’t know better, that UD announced this week that they were joining CUSA and the focus was on a conference move and not on playing the FCS #2 team. But that wouldn’t happen.
Does anyone really think that if we didn't make the FBS announcement this would be any different? How can anyone be surprised by this? Didn't we all watch the same games this season? It is clear from watching this team this season we are not good enough anywhere to compete with the top 5 FCS teams, more than likely not the top 20 FCS teams. The highlight of the season was the comeback at home against Lafyette, the Towson game, and the win against New Hampshire when they were ranked.

Lots of talent deficiencies, questionable schemes and coaching decisions.
beancounter
UD Class: 1976

Post by beancounter »

Firstand10BlueHens wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:33 pm Our D looks totally lost - so I don't think its just a lack of players. I've been a big Rojas fan overall, but against good teams, we just get man handled.
We get man handled because they have better talent. It ain't rocket science.it takes better players to complete with the Midwest teams.
Proud to be a f@&king Blue Hen!
Firstand10BlueHens

Post by Firstand10BlueHens »

When we do literally anything reasonably good, the crowd is silent. Would have been nice to take the crowd out of the game after that first INT.