FCS Saturday

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Re: FCS Saturday

Post by Cluck U »

Albany might need to fire their special teams coach.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
HensRock
Site Admin
UD Class: 1985

Post by HensRock »

Idaho looked undisciplined. Liked Albany all the way. Looks like they can do it.
Be careful of the words you say,
keep them soft and sweet.
You never know from day to day
which ones you'll have to eat!
HensRock
Site Admin
UD Class: 1985

Post by HensRock »

Well, that should seal it. Nice game Danes!
Be careful of the words you say,
keep them soft and sweet.
You never know from day to day
which ones you'll have to eat!
Brookside kid hen
UD Class: 1987

Post by Brookside kid hen »

Both Albany and Villanova acquitted themselves very well today, mistakes killed Villanova, while Albany overcame the mistakes they made and was able to win the game, as their defense was lights out in the second half, and their offense hit several big plays. Let's see what the Great Danes can do with the jackrabbits next Friday night. Hopefully better weather conditions in Brookings for this game.
finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 »

Really impressed by Albany. Don't know if they can hang with SDST, but that defense was really good. Good luck to them.
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Albany!

Going to have to watch the 2nd half of that game.
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS

jd of de

Post by jd of de »

The weather forecast UAlbany will have Friday night is a lot better than what Villanova had to deal with yesterday. The Danes look pretty solid to me. Good luck in Brookings; slay that beast!
Warrior Hen

Post by Warrior Hen »

Villanova and Albany represented the CAA well!

A CAA team in the semi-final is great.
Warrior Hen

Post by Warrior Hen »

I would love to see Albany shock South Dakota State.

Don’t want to see another South Dakota State and North Dakota State match up.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Henny wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:03 pm I think Albany goes into the Kibbie Dome and gets the W and it pains me to say this but Nova could easily pull the upset.
Good call Henny on Albany.

That was a fun game to watch and Poffenbarger is very good. He got it done and it was great to see the very overrated Idaho team from an overrated media darlin Conference lose inside their Dome. Lost count on all the false starts on Albany

Albany team not returning to NY but right to South Dakota as they have a Friday night date with a Brookings beast
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Making the late (very late) Saturday game winner go to the Friday game is a crime. They lose almost two days of prep…especially if the visiting team wins.

Never liked that set up.

Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:15 am
Henny wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:03 pm I think Albany goes into the Kibbie Dome and gets the W and it pains me to say this but Nova could easily pull the upset.

That was a fun game to watch and Poffenbarger is very good. He got it done and it was great to see the very overrated Idaho team from an overrated media darlin Conference lose inside their Dome. Lost count on all the false starts on Albany

Albany team not returning to NY but right to South Dakota as they have a Friday night date with a Brookings beast
C’mon Carib…that “very overrated” Idaho team beat Montana State and lost to the Griz by 2. They also beat playoff participants SIU (MVFC), Sac St (who disposed of MVFC North Dakota) and Lamar, in addition to thumping FCS Nevada. Much, much better resume than most teams. Athletic, fast and talented.

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Cluck U wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:12 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:15 am

C’mon Carib…that “very overrated” Idaho team beat Montana State and lost to the Griz by 2. They also beat playoff participants SIU (MVFC), Sac St (who disposed of MVFC North Dakota) and Lamar, in addition to thumping FCS Nevada. Much, much better resume than most teams. Athletic, fast and talented.
Cluck, the coaches poll had Idaho ranked very high all year and you know we’re Albany was ranked?

Nowhere

They eventually ranked them but very low, this aggravated me because I thought Albany was just as good

I was begging for our Hens to get Idaho or Sac St in a playoff game but no, our fault though

If Idaho had to go to Albany to play, they lose by 3 touchdowns
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Hens79

Post by Hens79 »

Gannonfan wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:47 pm
udsb97 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:21 pm Villanova-

We have a coaching staff that's a work in progress. They have one of maturity and stability.

We beat nobody this season and finished 4th in the CAA. They finished 1st.

They ran a 3 man front as we did but had backers who were a step faster then anyone we utilized .

Our greatest receivers in Blue Hen history really weren't.

Next year we get an all FCS schedule, I understand. Good !
Plus they might have fans who don't try to backstab head coaches with random gossip and putdowns and refer to transfers as mercenaries as some kind of selfish power play. Just saying.
You are too kind GF.
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Hens79 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:39 am
Gannonfan wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:47 pm
udsb97 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:21 pm Villanova-

We have a coaching staff that's a work in progress. They have one of maturity and stability.

We beat nobody this season and finished 4th in the CAA. They finished 1st.

They ran a 3 man front as we did but had backers who were a step faster then anyone we utilized .

Our greatest receivers in Blue Hen history really weren't.

Next year we get an all FCS schedule, I understand. Good !
Plus they might have fans who don't try to backstab head coaches with random gossip and putdowns and refer to transfers as mercenaries as some kind of selfish power play. Just saying.
You are too kind GF.
On this Board? Nah. Guys posting under two different names? Nah