Lafayette

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
UDHoops
UD Class: 2023

Re: Lafayette

Post by UDHoops »

In the Grain Exchange for some lunch and staying out of the cold until game time. Glad to see every table here is taken.
Twitter: @SSN_BlueHens
Feathers and Field Goals Podcast: https://feathersandfieldgoals.podbean.com/
Class of 2023
RalphD58
UD Class: 1998

Post by RalphD58 »

Cool picture, but they need a side profile of the helmet.

https://twitter.com/Delaware_FB/status/ ... 1xlwQ&s=19
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Neither Marker or O'Connor are warning up with rest of the team
RalphD58

Post by RalphD58 »

HENJOHN wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:39 pm Neither Marker or O'Connor are warning up with rest of the team
Are they dressed?
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

No Ralph. Marker limping a lot and OConnor appears to be moving gingerly. Will check again shortly. Minicucci and Lipovski took all the warmup throws while in their sweats
HenZoneNation

Post by HenZoneNation »

The freshman getting the nod at QB today. We need to get going early and take some pressure off him. Go Hens.
The Dude Abides!
Roger_Podacter
UD Class: 1995

Post by Roger_Podacter »

Hens - 34
Laffy - 20

I'm all alone up high in Section I. Hope more fans come in.
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Roger_Podacter wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:30 pm Hens - 34
Laffy - 20

I'm all alone up high in Section I. Hope more fans come in.
Looks pretty empty there Roget
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:26 pm Lafayette is not a good football team. They just aren't. I watched what I could stomach of their game with Lehigh. That is some low-quality football in the Patriot League these days. The team that hung with Holy Cross also lost to a very modest Colgate team and barely hung on to beat Sacred Heart.

This one shouldn't be close, if the guys in blue & yellow have any pride at all. I expect a complete turnaround over last week's debacle.
Bluewyn Gold

Recommend you Stick to what you’re up to date on and good at, the FBS campaign. We’ll get into FBS soon enough regardless if you continue to push out your Dailey dose of FCS hate.

Maybe give it a rest while we’re still in the playoffs
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Pards Rule
UD Class: 1900

Post by Pards Rule »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:31 pm
Bluewyn Gold wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:26 pm Lafayette is not a good football team. They just aren't. I watched what I could stomach of their game with Lehigh. That is some low-quality football in the Patriot League these days. The team that hung with Holy Cross also lost to a very modest Colgate team and barely hung on to beat Sacred Heart.

This one shouldn't be close, if the guys in blue & yellow have any pride at all. I expect a complete turnaround over last week's debacle.
Bluewyn Gold

Recommend you Stick to what you’re up to date on and good at, the FBS campaign. We’ll get into FBS soon enough regardless if you continue to push out your Dailey dose of FCS hate.

Hey Bluewyn where you go? Little bit of a nailbiter huh? Hey I was at both Pard-Hen playoff games and both were nailbiters! Great showing by both teams in both halfs. I ran into many Hens fans after game who said we would have won if DeNobile didnt go down..well thats the breaks. For the record, I didnt want Ryan Shuster in, he isnt good. Much more a fan of AuShaun Davis (#14) who came in and lofted that perfect long pass to TE Dallas Norton (yes great cousin to the Easton Assassin, Larry Holmes) to set up final LC TD. Enjoyed a good game in section K, two rows just behind fellow class of 1984 grad, Bob Sell, now president of LC BOT. I waas the dude waving the stuffed leopard by its tail if anyone saw me. Why is it that ANY home videoscreen CANNOT DEIGN to show unfortunate plays of the homeboys? I wanted to see what was it, the interception over on far sidelines...I think our guy stripped the ball from receiver? A pox on all homer videoscreens. When do we play regular season again? Hey Carrib Hen, always a pleasure to see you on here. BTW I parked free right across from Patterson-Schwartz realty office on Park Ave. Had a good visit with the only tailgate family in that lot I saw going in and returning - one of the guys is a Kutztown grad and former RB for the Golden Bears. They are in D2 playoff so wished them well from a fellow LV school. Glad my username and password still vaild! I have seen two playoff games in Newark, two reg games there and one reg game in Easton. Good luck in Missoula and dress warmly!
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

Pards Rule wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:41 pm

Bluewyn Gold

Hey Bluewyn where you go? Little bit of a nailbiter huh? Hey I was at both Pard-Hen playoff games and both were nailbiters! Great showing by both teams in both halfs. I ran into many Hens fans after game who said we would have won if DeNobile didnt go down..well thats the breaks. For the record, I didnt want Ryan Shuster in, he isnt good. Much more a fan of AuShaun Davis (#14) who came in and lofted that perfect long pass to TE Dallas Norton (yes great cousin to the Easton Assassin, Larry Holmes) to set up final LC TD. Enjoyed a good game in section K, two rows just behind fellow class of 1984 grad, Bob Sell, now president of LC BOT. I waas the dude waving the stuffed leopard by its tail if anyone saw me. Why is it that ANY home videoscreen CANNOT DEIGN to show unfortunate plays of the homeboys? I wanted to see what was it, the interception over on far sidelines...I think our guy stripped the ball from receiver? A pox on all homer videoscreens. When do we play regular season again? Hey Carrib Hen, always a pleasure to see you on here. BTW I parked free right across from Patterson-Schwartz realty office on Park Ave. Had a good visit with the only tailgate family in that lot I saw going in and returning - one of the guys is a Kutztown grad and former RB for the Golden Bears. They are in D2 playoff so wished them well from a fellow LV school. Glad my username and password still vaild! I have seen two playoff games in Newark, two reg games there and one reg game in Easton. Good luck in Missoula and dress warmly!
I saw you swinging that stuffed leopard from Sec. L. Glad your coach didn’t go right to #14, he made a big mistake on that. Totally agree on the video board replays. It’s a total abomination that they won’t show any play that they deem “controversial”. Wish they would “wake” up, if I may use that term, and give us the replays - the good, the bad and the ugly. It seems it’s just a bad result of wrong think these days.
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

I almost got hit by the stuffed leopard (two rows above it). Lafayette folks were some of the most pleasant vistors I've interacted with, which is common in Section K.

Lafayette No. 33's family was particularly nice.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Pards Rule wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:41 pm

Bluewyn Gold

You’re one of the great fans Pards Rule, glad you were able to make the game. I didn’t know about the Larry Holmes connection. Your posts always deliver educational tidbits … I like them.

Lafayette looked good and it feels like things are moving in the right direction for the Leopards and good luck next year in the improving Patriot league
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Brookside kid hen
UD Class: 1987

Post by Brookside kid hen »

After watching the game that was by far the best Lafayette team that I've seen. Would love to see the leopards continue rising as a power in the patriot league.
Pards Rule
UD Class: 1900

Post by Pards Rule »

I wont use quote button to save space but address comments here. Thanks Hen 77, yeah even though I never played football or any sport for Pards nor did I have any kids I am a big LC football fan. When I flew out to see us in farthest west game ever in COS (Air Force, using airport code for Colo Springs!) then Coach Garrett (yes bro of former Cowboy coach Jason, both were fricking fired in two days of each other, John on Sunday after Lehigh loss in 2021, Jason on the Monday) used a portal transfer from Wash State QB Angelos and Rent Monte (a FL west coaster near CaribbHen) and wasnt happy with either before plugging #14 (AuShaun Davis) who turned it on for Pards and we lost 35-14 (spread was 44). We were driving to cut it to 14 in mid 4th and 14 threw a pick at midfield which then AF drove to put final TD on for margin. I also saw Davis in UNH game in Easton. Great arm, solid presence. He was used in clean up in Lehigh big win. Absolutely baffled as to why we didnt go with him. I sat next to 14's mom and GF as it turned out and the GF had tears in her eyes after the big completion to Holmes saying he had been waiting to have a chance to help the team in critical time.And do we start a petition or what Hen77 on the video nonsense. Also, can we limit the THIRRRD DOOOWNS and all the extraneous over the top rev up the crowd stuff too? Every stadium. Every third down or first down. Fans know when its time to start the boisterousness! Hello UD 01!! Yeah, sorry that leopard does have some horizontal reach!! Thank you for your kindness! Number 33 is Tighe Cummiskey, a soph RB from Darien CT. Thank you I really enjoyed another visit to the Raymond Field. Hens are always good, welcoming fans.