Onto Montana

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Diesel
UD Class: 2001

Re: Onto Montana

Post by Diesel »

Warrior Hen wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:14 am I am in Montanta and ready for the game. Currently, there is light snow flurries. The temperature is expected to range between 28 - 35. Conditions are definitely better than last year’s game against South Dakota State.

The good thing about being an underdog, the pressure is on the other team. To quote boxer Leon Spinks , “I have nothing to lose”.

Just play aggressive and let’s see what happens. Montana is not some juggernaut that can not be beaten.

Hens, jump on the Grizzlies’ back early and ride it all the way to victory.
Welcome to Missoula

FYI Griz are not overlooking the Blue Hens. It will be a great game tonight with two solid universities fielding a rarity of student athletes who for the most part will be in careers other than football post graduation. One of the things we take pride in is a high level of graduation and high grade point average. Tonight several high quality young men are going to play a game they love and we as fans get to enjoy the contest. Above all enjoy the competition, the heart,dedacation and striving for excellence.

One thing that gets lost in the FCS football are the thoughts it isn’t high quality. Yes there are many schools not committed to their FB programs in the FCS. The top programs are. Nobody wants to be the little brother and I personally do not view either of these two programs as such. Do they have limitations…yes. Are they great institutes…yes.

It has been too long since the last match up. We appreciate the Hen fans who could make it to Montana in the winter. Enjoy your stay and enjoy the facilities, tailgates and the MT fans.

May the best team win. It was nice to see some of the comments on this forum. Many things discussed here are the same things MT fans talk about. Although separated by several hundred miles we have similar aspirations in our teams getting to Frisco. Take time to enjoy the day…it is a good one.
UDHoops
UD Class: 2023

Post by UDHoops »

Diesel wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:56 am
Warrior Hen wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:14 am I am in Montanta and ready for the game. Currently, there is light snow flurries. The temperature is expected to range between 28 - 35. Conditions are definitely better than last year’s game against South Dakota State.

The good thing about being an underdog, the pressure is on the other team. To quote boxer Leon Spinks , “I have nothing to lose”.

Just play aggressive and let’s see what happens. Montana is not some juggernaut that can not be beaten.

Welcome to Missoula

FYI Griz are not overlooking the Blue Hens. It will be a great game tonight with two solid universities fielding a rarity of student athletes who for the most part will be in careers other than football post graduation. One of the things we take pride in is a high level of graduation and high grade point average. Tonight several high quality young men are going to play a game they love and we as fans get to enjoy the contest. Above all enjoy the competition, the heart,dedacation and striving for excellence.

One thing that gets lost in the FCS football are the thoughts it isn’t high quality. Yes there are many schools not committed to their FB programs in the FCS. The top programs are. Nobody wants to be the little brother and I personally do not view either of these two programs as such. Do they have limitations…yes. Are they great institutes…yes.

It has been too long since the last match up. We appreciate the Hen fans who could make it to Montana in the winter. Enjoy your stay and enjoy the facilities, tailgates and the MT fans.

May the best team win. It was nice to see some of the comments on this forum. Many things discussed here are the same things MT fans talk about. Although separated by several hundred miles we have similar aspirations in our teams getting to Frisco. Take time to enjoy the day…it is a good one.
Awesome post. Best of luck tonight.
Twitter: @SSN_BlueHens
Feathers and Field Goals Podcast: https://feathersandfieldgoals.podbean.com/
Class of 2023
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

One of the great things about FCS playoffs are the interregional games. Unlike FBS, FCS does not get a lot of this in the regular season so it adds another level of intrigue. Looking forward to a fun, well played game tonight.
Caldwell Chicken

Post by Caldwell Chicken »

Welcome to Missoula

Diesel -
Staying in Butte as we landed in Bozeman yesterday. Looking to get to Missoula this afternoon. Any recommendations for an early dinner. We particularly enjoy more local type places with a variety of food options. Taverns and pubs are fine.
Warrior Hen

Post by Warrior Hen »

HENJOHN wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:36 am Enjoy the game Warrior and wear your Blue & Gold!!
Will do. A win would be just marvelous
Warrior Hen

Post by Warrior Hen »

Flew into Kallispell late last night. I will be driving to Missoula this morning.
Diesel
UD Class: 2001

Post by Diesel »

Caldwell Chicken wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:47 am

Welcome to Missoula

Diesel -
Staying in Butte as we landed in Bozeman yesterday. Looking to get to Missoula this afternoon. Any recommendations for an early dinner. We particularly enjoy more local type places with a variety of food options. Taverns and pubs are fine.

Montana Club has two locations and is always a great sit down meal with large menu. Pressbox is a Griz Sport-bar downtown. There are multiple breweries and I haven’t been to a bad one Tamarack like the Pressbox is downtown and is the sport-bar, brewery and sit down meal option with two levels and big spread. Parking is always a challenge downtown. Notorious PIG is a local BBQ joint.

I would recommend you get done eating and make your way to the campus no later than 4:30. Take East Beckwith Ave south of the stadium and head all the way East to the base of the mountain and it turns north towards the stadium and that is where the paid parking is. If you can get to one of the “R” lots pay the $15ish for parking it is not too far from the stadium. Do not try to park downtown and walk to the stadium. Many tow companies do great when people park in the wrong area.

Gogriz has parking maps in the ticket area of the site and stadium seating. I would imagine the tailgating will be full force by 3:00. Time will fly after 3:00. Don’t be afraid to walk around the campus once you park. Most fans enjoy meeting visitors and are willing to share.

Enjoy
Caldwell Chicken

Diesel wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:03 pm
Caldwell Chicken wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:47 am

Welcome to Missoula

Diesel -

Montana Club has two locations and is always a great sit down meal with large menu. Pressbox is a Griz Sport-bar downtown. There are multiple breweries and I haven’t been to a bad one Tamarack like the Pressbox is downtown and is the sport-bar, brewery and sit down meal option with two levels and big spread. Parking is always a challenge downtown. Notorious PIG is a local BBQ joint.

I would recommend you get done eating and make your way to the campus no later than 4:30. Take East Beckwith Ave south of the stadium and head all the way East to the base of the mountain and it turns north towards the stadium and that is where the paid parking is. If you can get to one of the “R” lots pay the $15ish for parking it is not too far from the stadium. Do not try to park downtown and walk to the stadium. Many tow companies do great when people park in the wrong area.

Gogriz has parking maps in the ticket area of the site and stadium seating. I would imagine the tailgating will be full force by 3:00. Time will fly after 3:00. Don’t be afraid to walk around the campus once you park. Most fans enjoy meeting visitors and are willing to share.

Enjoy
Thank you!
Randy Marsh
UD Class: 2020

Post by Randy Marsh »

We are the clear underdog and this is quite fine by me! WIll need to start strong and not the let their loud fans get to us. I think we can do it no doubt.

And new here to the forum, glad to be here! Undergrad from Catawba College and got my master's from UD in 2020! Anyway, just wanted to get involved and chat all things Hens, thanks!
8)

2020 M.Ed. in Exceptional Children

Whiskey expert.
VIKING '87
UD Class: 1987

Post by VIKING '87 »

Randy Marsh wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:21 pm We are the clear underdog and this is quite fine by me! WIll need to start strong and not the let their loud fans get to us. I think we can do it no doubt.

And new here to the forum, glad to be here! Undergrad from Catawba College and got my master's from UD in 2020! Anyway, just wanted to get involved and chat all things Hens, thanks!
Welcome aboard, Randy.
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
dupuyer griz
UD Class: 2007

Post by dupuyer griz »

For those coming in today travel safely. The roads weren’t bad coming over but they’re not good either. No Club for a burger is great. All the breweries are good, some better than others. Reds and press box for sure. I’m currently at the press box bar watching NDSU hopefully win because ftc! Come get a beer on me.
Roger_Podacter
UD Class: 1995

Post by Roger_Podacter »

dupuyer griz wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:30 pm For those coming in today travel safely. The roads weren’t bad coming over but they’re not good either. No Club for a burger is great. All the breweries are good, some better than others. Reds and press box for sure. I’m currently at the press box bar watching NDSU hopefully win because ftc! Come get a beer on me.

Your kindness and hospitality are greatly appreciated!!

I will drink a beer here in Delaware for you! 😄
Warrior Hen

Post by Warrior Hen »

Outside the stadium and ready for the big game. All the Grizzly fans that I have met have been very hospitable.
Caldwell Chicken

Warrior Hen wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:29 pm Outside the stadium and ready for the big game. All the Grizzly fans that I have met have been very hospitable.
Just parked. Have a small trek to make but your assessment of Grizzly fans is spot on.
Pards Rule
UD Class: 1900

Post by Pards Rule »

Warrior Hen wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:29 pm Outside the stadium and ready for the big game. All the Grizzly fans that I have met have been very hospitable.
Would expect nothing less...same as when I visit Newark!