Contribution email?

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Re: Contribution email?

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Cluck U wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:33 pm
Maddog@76 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:34 pm Hear you loud and clear Caribbean Hen. One grandson just graduated from High School. Good student and good kid; unsure of what he wanted to do. Mentioned 2 things to me: 1) law enforcement ( I said no way- we are now a country of no consequences for people who violate the law. No-win situation for a law enforcement- criminals have a better chance of having a statue erected to them; 2) USMC- (no way I stated more enemies within our borders to worry about, and why would he want to be abandoned on foreign soil?). He chose the USAF. After 4- years he will reexamine his vocational opportunities. Colleges- it is all about the money. Maybe by then the focus will be more on education and not indoctrination. Sad state of affairs!
Excellent advice. Hope he does well.

Police forces all over are having tough times filling positions, especially in big cities. Fact - not fiction…numbers don’t lie. No need for political spin on this one…that way we can keep politics and spin out of this…but the people will tell you exactly why they aren’t signing up. No guessing required.

Ditto with the armed services. Haven’t seen how that impacts the service academies and their athletic programs…perhaps they are insulated.

And people are reassessing college tuition costs and the useless majors. It will be interesting to watch universities adapt to the new normal as things settle out.
Mr Hanby + 1 best of luck to your grandson

Cluck, my services is in the woes of the most severe recruiting crisis they’ve ever seen. $50,000 can’t even get them to join. One of the biggest recruiting tools was always the G.I. Bill tuition assistance to get your college paid for with the caveat that you had to serve your country for a little while …kind of a trade off. You don’t need to join the military anymore to get a free education so it should be a surprise to nobody.

Bring your EPIRB out on the high seas, but no guarantees the Coast Guard is it gonna be able to rescue you right now
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

UD’s sailing club had some fantastic Spring Break trips…almost needed the Coast Guard. :lol:

Danged shame sailing can’t be a varsity sport…heck, with 22 extra men’s schollies for football, adding a women’s varsity sailing team would be awesome. I’d contribute to that, and the NIL opportunities would be tremendous for those ladies.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
RalphD58
UD Class: 1998

Post by RalphD58 »

Cluck U wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:53 pm UD’s sailing club had some fantastic Spring Break trips…almost needed the Coast Guard. :lol:

Danged shame sailing can’t be a varsity sport…heck, with 22 extra men’s schollies for football, adding a women’s varsity sailing team would be awesome. I’d contribute to that, and the NIL opportunities would be tremendous for those ladies.
I saw a guy with a Delaware sweatshirt and a Delaware Sailing hat at Lewes Oyster House last Friday afternoon? Was that you Cluck?
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

RalphD58 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:39 pm
Cluck U wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:53 pm UD’s sailing club had some fantastic Spring Break trips…almost needed the Coast Guard. :lol:

I saw a guy with a Delaware sweatshirt and a Delaware Sailing hat at Lewes Oyster House last Friday afternoon? Was that you Cluck?
Luv me some Lewes and some oysters, Ralph, and I usually am wearing a UD Sailing hat (white or blue), but that wasn’t me. Won’t see me out in a public place until late January…Lil’ Cluck just had a kidney transplant and is a bit immunocompromised for a few months, so we all have to avoid crowds.

Was he young or old? I know a bunch of sailing club folks from the 80s and 90s and have met some younger folks at alumni regattas (and one used to work at State Line). Good folks. Always happy to meet more…sailors are generally friendly and always have good stories to tell. Hope you said hello and let him know you are a UD guy. Most of the time that would end up as a good conversation about life and beer. :lol:
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS

RalphD58
UD Class: 1998

Post by RalphD58 »

Cluck U wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:27 pm

Luv me some Lewes and some oysters, Ralph, and I usually am wearing a UD Sailing hat (white or blue), but that wasn’t me. Won’t see me out in a public place until late January…Lil’ Cluck just had a kidney transplant and is a bit immunocompromised for a few months, so we all have to avoid crowds.

Was he young or old? I know a bunch of sailing club folks from the 80s and 90s and have met some younger folks at alumni regattas (and one used to work at State Line). Good folks. Always happy to meet more…sailors are generally friendly and always have good stories to tell. Hope you said hello and let him know you are a UD guy. Most of the time that would end up as a good conversation about life and beer. :lol:
He was a good guy, I gave him a, "Go Hens!" when he walked in and we chatted about the Laffy game. I sail on a boat in Lewes in the Beer Can League. It's the closest I've been to being on a team since UD. I love it.
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

RalphD58 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:43 pm
Cluck U wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:27 pm

He was a good guy, I gave him a, "Go Hens!" when he walked in and we chatted about the Laffy game. I sail on a boat in Lewes in the Beer Can League. It's the closest I've been to being on a team since UD. I love it.
Nice! I was at Fisherman's Warf this summer and saw what looked to be some J-boats coming in from a race. They docked on the west side of the canal. Bummer, I was hoping to talk some sailing if they docked on the east side. Met my wife racing at Havre de Grace on their Thursday beer can races. Happy to hear you are enjoying sailing and racing on a team. A ton of fun...even when the weather doesn't exactly cooperate. :lol:

I'll be down in Lewes several times again this upcoming summer. If I spot a UD hat on a sailor that looks like an ex-LB, I'll buy you a beer! :D

Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 »

I would have bought season tickets had they added beach volleyball 🙃
#JustWinBaby