Game Thread: Montana

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Bluewyn Gold

Re: Game Thread: Montana

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Gannonfan wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:23 amAgreed. Next two years of transition will be interesting - who plays, who redshirts, who leaves, etc. Maybe Minucci turns into a real player down the line.
There's going to be a lot of new players coming into the program over the next two seasons. We'll see how many currently on the team will still be on the roster in '25. Watching Liberty & NMSU last night, it's clear we'll need a considerable influx of talent to compete at the highest level of CUSA.

Pulling for Montana to win the FCS tournament.

With Tulane's loss, do you think Liberty gets selected for a New Year's Six bowl?
jersey hen
UD Class: 1986

Post by jersey hen »

Disappointing....but not entirely unexpected. Was hoping for a better contest at least. It's hard to realize that outside of the Covid 20-21 season we never made it beyond the round of 16 after 2010, and those round of 16 games were just in the last 2 years. I'll always have great memories of the playoff runs of the 90's and 00's. Not so much since then. Things change. It's going to be much different moving forward. Here's hoping the future's bright.
Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:43 am
Gannonfan wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:23 amAgreed. Next two years of transition will be interesting - who plays, who redshirts, who leaves, etc. Maybe Minucci turns into a real player down the line.
There's going to be a lot of new players coming into the program over the next two seasons. We'll see how many currently on the team will still be on the roster in '25. Watching Liberty & NMSU last night, it's clear we'll need a considerable influx of talent to compete at the highest level of CUSA.

Pulling for Montana to win the FCS tournament.

With Tulane's loss, do you think Liberty gets selected for a New Year's Six bowl?
SMU might get the nod.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Caldwell Chicken

Post by Caldwell Chicken »

Having an attended the game, have a lot of respect for the Montana fans and people around town. Very hospitable and many said thank you for coming to the game.
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

Test
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

tenn hen wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:40 am no need to respond to you my buddy
You just did respond. ^^Right there.^^

It’s OK. You made a statement…then doubled down. Heck, you even asked for feedback.

Sheesh…
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS

Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Idaho looking as though they will win their game in OT.

Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Holy smokes. Idaho might have been robbed.

Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Idaho wins in OT…kicked a FG after the Salukis threw an INT.

jersey hen
UD Class: 1986

Post by jersey hen »

Caldwell Chicken wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:01 am Having an attended the game, have a lot of respect for the Montana fans and people around town. Very hospitable and many said thank you for coming to the game.
I always thought that for many years Montana and Delaware had a lot in common. Flagship schools of small (population wise) states with great fan bases for football. I looked up their records and they made the playoffs 17 straight years starting in 1993. And from '03 through '10 either Delaware or Montana made the championship game in 6 different years. Hard to believe we never played them after the '93 game until tonight.

Hope you had a good time in Missoula, despite the outcome.
HensRock
Site Admin
UD Class: 1985

Post by HensRock »

Gannonfan wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:34 pm Mediocre? Come on, it's fair to say that we aren't where we want to be, but this is a program that has won 17 games in the past two years, have won playoff games in successive seasons, and is vastly more successful than we've been in a decade.
17 games - We beat Navy and these...

Be careful of the words you say,
keep them soft and sweet.
You never know from day to day
which ones you'll have to eat!
Brookside kid hen
UD Class: 1987

Post by Brookside kid hen »

Come on hen rocks, I've said til I'm blue in the face that the CAA is responsible for our conference schedule. Now you can complain about the non conference creampuffs, and that can be justified. But be nice to our kids, they don't like losing I'm sure. Don't you think Lafayette or Holy Cross wouldn't have loved to be on that field in Missoula tonight? Hell I remember the good old days too, but it's just a different world these days. How do you think the Georgia, Alabama, Florida St. and Texas fans are sleeping tonight? Cause only two of them are going to go in with Washington and Michigan in the CFP final four. And the two who don't make it are going to think their season is a failure, which is ridiculous but that's where we are today. Now we are going to try and win the Conference USA championship each year and try to be tydy bowl champions. So be it.
clarkwgrizwald
UD Class: 1900

Post by clarkwgrizwald »

Hey guys, tough evening tonight. I'm afraid with the way Montana is playing the last couple of months, you just ran into a buzz saw. And you had to do it inside a snow globe as well. I hope anyone who attended the game enjoyed their time in Missoula, and that they were treated with nothing but respect.

Continued success at the FBS level. As I stated earlier, I hope we can join you there soon. In the meantime, I'll be rooting for you. Go Hens. Go GRIZ.
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 »

HensRock wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:05 am
Gannonfan wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:34 pm Mediocre? Come on, it's fair to say that we aren't where we want to be, but this is a program that has won 17 games in the past two years, have won playoff games in successive seasons, and is vastly more successful than we've been in a decade.
17 games - We beat Navy and these...

I see what you did there. Nice Job! Who did we beat (in the regular season) this year? One team that made the tournament?

There's gotta be a lot of change. If I had a son on the team with 2 years left & a starter, I might look for other options, unless in offered a full ride & red shirt next season!
Last edited by Hengrad07 on Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
#JustWinBaby
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

clarkwgrizwald wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:28 am Hey guys, tough evening tonight. I'm afraid with the way Montana is playing the last couple of months, you just ran into a buzz saw. And you had to do it inside a snow globe as well. I hope anyone who attended the game enjoyed their time in Missoula, and that they were treated with nothing but respect.

Continued success at the FBS level. As I stated earlier, I hope we can join you there soon. In the meantime, I'll be rooting for you. Go Hens. Go GRIZ.
Win it all. You have a very good, balanced team that will be tough in Missoula.