NIL- Blue Hen Collective

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
mpwerrell

Re: NIL- Blue Hen Collective

Post by mpwerrell »

93BlueHen wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:00 am
Cluck U wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:11 pm But…contributing to that gun for hire mess? Nope. I will buy tickets, tailgate and root for our Fightin’ Blue Hens, but I won’t participate in this NIL game.
You are so transactional. (like me)

You must not be a real fan.
I’m happy I could introduce the term “transactional” to you in the context of contributions/donations to UD. You seem to be having fun with it.

However, I never stated or created a connection between transactional contributions and “real fans”.

I’m not even sure who a “real fan” is. We’re all fans, warts and all.
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

Methinks 93 was referring to certain other posters who question fanhood based upon accounting methods.

But, can’t say I haven’t had fun with the transactional quips. Sometimes things just take on a life of their own. :lol:
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
DaveB
UD Class: 1993

Post by DaveB »

Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

DaveB wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:08 pm Utah collective getting it done

https://x.com/fos/status/1735018708815216734?s=46
:lol:

Basketball players and gymnasts getting new cars?

Nope. Definitely not playing that game.

Now, if anyone wants to contribute to the NIL for the Mechanical Engineer students so that they all get a new car, let me know. :lol:
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS

UDDave
UD Class: 1994

Post by UDDave »

https://www.si.com/fannation/name-image ... iser-matt9

Georgia Southern getting creative with their NIL. G5 schools are going to need to be innovative like this.
mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

Cluck U wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:52 pm

Now, if anyone wants to contribute to the NIL for the Mechanical Engineer students so that they all get a new car, let me know. :lol:
Amen Cluck U!
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Cluck

I bet the Chinese are putting resources into mechanical Engineers, India as well

Never seen any Chinese playing college football but those math states are eye popping
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:31 amNever seen any Chinese playing college football but those math states are eye popping
And for all of their math genius, the U.S. economy is absolutely crushing China and the outlook for us is even better over the next two decades. So much for their tremendous resources.

Oh, and China's yet to field a tackle football team worth a damn.
Hens79

Post by Hens79 »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:22 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:31 amNever seen any Chinese playing college football but those math states are eye popping
And for all of their math genius, the U.S. economy is absolutely crushing China and the outlook for us is even better over the next two decades. So much for their tremendous resources.

Oh, and China's yet to field a tackle football team worth a damn.
Yep. The US economy is awesome by just about every metric. Folks are finally noticing. Those fat investment and retirement accounts will probably help UD athletics fund raising.
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:31 am

Cluck

I bet the Chinese are putting resources into mechanical Engineers, India as well

Never seen any Chinese playing college football but those math states are eye popping
You’re on to something, Carib. UD is getting a ton of Chinese money (along with Middle Eastern money)…part of the ELI program.

Hmmm…perhaps the Chinese will now openly sponsor an NIL program for the sciences. Heck, they dumped a ton of money into a now defunct program that sent 30+ Delaware high school kids to China, all expenses paid, for 30 days of STEM and cultural learning. <—— True.

Why not openly pay UD engineering students? The students could be a part of a Chinese advertising campaign. Heck….why limit this NIL to sports? Get the big money into programs that benefit the real world…not just the business of sports.

Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Cluck U wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:33 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:31 am

Cluck

You’re on to something, Carib. UD is getting a ton of Chinese money (along with Middle Eastern money)…part of the ELI program.

Hmmm…perhaps the Chinese will now openly sponsor an NIL program for the sciences. Heck, they dumped a ton of money into a now defunct program that sent 30+ Delaware high school kids to China, all expenses paid, for 30 days of STEM and cultural learning. <—— True.

Why not openly pay UD engineering students? The students could be a part of a Chinese advertising campaign. Heck….why limit this NIL to sports? Get the big money into programs that benefit the real world…not just the business of sports.
That’s interesting Cluck and I totally agree

Thanks for posting

All my post was covertly saying is maybe our best and brightest should get Nil as well because STEM is important and national HS test scores are down. We need to stay ahead.

Not sure what brought all the economist out
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:10 pmNot sure what brought all the economist out
The sidebar was likely encouraged by whoever introduced China and India socio-economic affairs into a discussion about UD and its NIL. Who was that guy anyway? :roll:
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:44 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:10 pmNot sure what brought all the economist out
Who was that guy anyway? :roll:
That’s what I ask myself every time you post Henfan… :roll:

Hens79

Post by Hens79 »

So a great economy, like we have today doesn’t help fund raising for the NIL-Blue Hen collective? You know, the topic of the thread as opposed to way, way, way off topic stuff like China and STEM. What’s the emoji for that?
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:50 pm
Bluewyn Gold wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:44 pm
Who was that guy anyway? :roll:
That’s what I ask myself every time you post Henfan… :roll:
Cryptic response, but I'll play.

You introduced China and India's cultural preferences and academic investments into a discussion about the UD NIL Collective but were then incredulous when reminded that China's not exactly a cultural or economic model we should be following.

Nothing prevents UD's STEM students from promoting their unique talents and capitalizing on their names, likenesses, and images, etc. Should be the same for student-athletes, right?

Everyone's free to either support the NIL Collective or not. No one's holding a gun to anyone's head, unlike the athletes on PRC state teams.