Delaware @ Colorado in 2025

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Baltimore Hen
UD Class: 0

Re: Delaware @ Colorado in 2025

Post by Baltimore Hen »

Housthen18 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:33 pm
jd of de wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:21 pm That’s a at Dover year as well. We could be opening 2025 with 2 road games. :lol: :lol:

FBS schedules will have 2 open Saturdays that year.
We should categorically refuse to play away games in Dover. It is very, very rare that FCS teams host FBS teams. One of the only recent occasions of this occurring is Army at Yale for the 100th anniversary of the Yale Bowl (a historical stadium). No disrespect to DSU, but it plays at a high school football stadium. Ridiculous to have an FBS game hosted there.
I'd be surprised if we even play the game, let alone in Dover....
Attila the Hen

Post by Attila the Hen »

jd of de wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:21 pm That’s a at Dover year as well. We could be opening 2025 with 2 road games. :lol: :lol:

FBS schedules will have 2 open Saturdays that year.
I believe CUSA has a rule forbidding playing at FCS venues. Guessing the Del State game will change, unless it is waived.
bluehens2005
UD Class: 2005

Post by bluehens2005 »

Interesting! I mean prob a tough game eventhough they are not all world another couple years of prime recruitment they probably would continue to improve. I hope
We schedule some reasonable out of conference games so we have a chance to get to 6 wins and make a bowl.
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

The Route 1 Rivalry is about to come to its merciful end. Something we had to do and should have done as an FCS program. It no longer serves its purpose. Maybe an occasional game every so often should do to keep some of the guarantee money in the state.

Will Neon Coach still be in Boulder in ‘25? I have my doubts. Still a great get for UD. Bravo to the AD staff.
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

Rocky Mountain hiiiiii-iiiiiiii, Colorado.

Love me some Colorado. Been too long since my last visit. It will be too early to ski…but some nice hiking is in store.

And don’t dis the Hornet game in Dover. Sambo’s Tavern is just a few minutes away…grab some cold pitchers of beer and some hot crabs and listen to the game on your phone at the table.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Milehighbluehen
UD Class: 2007

Post by Milehighbluehen »

Extremely excited about this. It’ll be a nice short drive! I fully believe Coach Prime will be gone by then and CU will be left with a very bare cupboard. Blue Hens beat ‘em by two touchdowns
Brookside kid hen
UD Class: 1987

Post by Brookside kid hen »

Boy we are going to start with a big bang aren't we? Lol. Love the aggressive non conference scheduling, gets all kinds of extra eyeballs on our team and university. I'll be making road trips from southeast Tennessee to our games at MTSU in Murfreesboro, Jacksonville St. In Jacksonville, Alabama, and Kennesaw St. down in Atlanta when they host us in Conference USA games. Really gives me a chance to see our hens in action more often in some years anyway.
hensfan40yrs

Post by hensfan40yrs »

Milehighbluehen wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:00 pm Extremely excited about this. It’ll be a nice short drive! I fully believe Coach Prime will be gone by then and CU will be left with a very bare cupboard. Blue Hens beat ‘em by two touchdowns
Not so fast my friend .......
Los Angeles Harballers
hensfan40yrs

Post by hensfan40yrs »

Housthen18 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:37 pm Some people thought our FBS schedule wasn't going to move the needle :lol: :lol: :lol: we're playing the team with the most media attention in college football in our first month, and it's not out of the question we beat them.

People preferred to play Bryant University over this :lol: :lol: :lol:
you do realize the jump from FCS to FBS aint no joke right? 2025 may be a bit too soon, not saying its impossible but better pump the brakes a little
Los Angeles Harballers
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

“With our move to the Big 12 and having some of our existing home-and-home series turn into conference games, we had an opportunity to take a new approach to scheduling,” Colorado Athletic Director Rick George said. “With the expansion of the College Football Playoff, we want to be strategic leading into conference play with some Group of Five and FCS opponents earlier in the season. I am confident this strategy will give us the best chance at a berth in the CFP, an expectation that Coach Prime and I both share.”

In other words, trying to bank wins early.

In addition to Delaware, games against Weber State, Northern Illinois and Northern Colorado added to future schedules.

https://fbschedules.com/colorado-adds-f ... schedules/
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

hensfan40yrs wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:12 amyou do realize the jump from FCS to FBS aint no joke right? 2025 may be a bit too soon, not saying its impossible but better pump the brakes a little
Agree. Enthusiasm tempered with a bit of reality might be an approach that won't lead to maximum disappointment.

2025 is one season away. We'll need to turn over our roster to challenge CUSA opponents, let alone the Buffs. We'll get there for sure, though expecting to beat Big 12 opponents in early 2025 might be a bit of a tall order.
Housthen18
UD Class: 2018

Post by Housthen18 »

hensfan40yrs wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:12 am
Housthen18 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:37 pm Some people thought our FBS schedule wasn't going to move the needle :lol: :lol: :lol: we're playing the team with the most media attention in college football in our first month, and it's not out of the question we beat them.

People preferred to play Bryant University over this :lol: :lol: :lol:
you do realize the jump from FCS to FBS aint no joke right? 2025 may be a bit too soon, not saying its impossible but better pump the brakes a little
I say this because I think there is substantial likelihood that Prime leaves (willingly or not) in the 2025 offseason and all their talent transfers, leaving CU a shell of a program.
udsb97
UD Class: 1997

Post by udsb97 »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:59 am
hensfan40yrs wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:12 amyou do realize the jump from FCS to FBS aint no joke right? 2025 may be a bit too soon, not saying its impossible but better pump the brakes a little
Agree. Enthusiasm tempered with a bit of reality might be an approach that won't lead to maximum disappointment.

2025 is one season away. We'll need to turn over our roster to challenge CUSA opponents, let alone the Buffs. We'll get there for sure, though expecting to beat Big 12 opponents in early 2025 might be a bit of a tall order.
Reality is often non existent and unappreciated on this board. The 2024 FCS schedule calls for us to be undefeated and making upward changes never previously required. It's not an easy task but the marching papers have already been issued and excuses not needed. Players or staff who don't make the grade won't be in the Bahama Bowl down the road with many of us.
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Leave it to you, new name or old name to be the one post to try and pee all over a hugely positive announcement. Your miserable disdain for this HC is mind numbing.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:59 am

Goldy, not to throw cold water on the Rocky Mountain high
but the bottom half of CUSA just ain’t that good. Many FCS teams could handle them.

Ask Bryant and Maine, Miami is good but FIU stinks just like Bryant and Maine.

Yes indeed we need to turn over that roster.

CUSA is much more interesting than the Mac, that’s for sure.

Go Hullihens
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019